Does anybody else have broken L & R buttons on your 3DS...?

'Cause I do. That is, did.

Then I found out that blowing into the L and R buttons, which are usually malfunctioning due to dust buildup, fix them.

It tried it. And it worked.

SO NOW I CAN SOFT RESET AGAIN!

AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, I CAN JUMP FROM UNIT TO UNIT IN FIRE EMBLEM!

Such a relief.

How did I not know about this earlier?

Edited by Fruity Insanity

This works... usually.

However, for my White Japanese Capture Card 3DS, that wasn't the case. I went and actually bought the L & R button flex cables for $15 (Including shipping) on Ebay.

And then after I got it, I went to a local game repair place here and got them to replace the parts for $20.

(I figured since one was broken, might as well replace the other one too for an extra $2 for both parts)

Edited by shadowofchaos

Using colors 3d caused my old 3ds to have problems with the L button that was until I also learned about blowing it to get rid of the dust my 3ds XL though has no problems at the moment, only system I have had the L & R button break is the game boy advance SP that was a pain

On the DS Lite I had when I was little,they were completely jammed,so I couldn't play Mario Kart DS very well anymore lol.I got a DSi the thing got jammed too...and got stolen 3 months afterwards...but I have no problem with the shoulder buttons of the 3DS so far considering I don't play games with extensive use of the shoulder buttons.

*Shrug* I suppose.

I have Colors 3D and that can actually do some murderous damage to the touch screen. Theres some slight scuffs on my touch screen as a result. My hinges on both my 3DS and DS Lite are fine though. Same with the buttons.

*Shrug* I suppose.

I have Colors 3D and that can actually do some murderous damage to the touch screen. Theres some slight scuffs on my touch screen as a result. My hinges on both my 3DS and DS Lite are fine though. Same with the buttons.

Oh you have colors 3d as well, I have went through so many screen covers due to that app thankfully I do have them on I don't even want to think of what my screen would look like if I didn't

i broke a DSs r button once because of fuckin mario kart DS. THAT GAME drifting is so mandatory. and it's not like what happened to fruit, no that sob actually broke

well, it didn't actually break while playing the game, since i actually completed mario kart DS before the R button gave in, but that game wore it down like hell.

..wait? 3ds? ain nobody gat money fo dat