FE13 Pairings Rating Thread - Day 1: Frederick/Lissa

ZemZem

I thought this would be a pretty good idea.

I've had this idea for a while. The goal here is to see if we can rate every 1st gen pairing (not counting the Avatar), which would help out people and maybe give new ideas on who to use. Here are the rules:

1. Assume Hard Mode.

2. Assume postgame content is going to be delved into.

3. No bias points. This isn't some RTU thing. At least I hope it won't be.

4. One pairing per day.

5. Rating scale is from 0 to 10.

6. Please no fighting. I don't want any 'THIS IS MAH OTP' crap. I'm really interested to see how this thread will go, and who knows, it could be an official thing.

Before we start, any suggestions, questions, comments, concerns? If not, then the ratings will begin shortly.

Lissa

Sully

Miriel

Sumia

Maribelle

Panne

Cordelia

Nowi

Tharja

Olivia

Cherche

Edited by ZeeEmm

This is for the main game rather than the post game, right? Because some of the best pairings on the former are terrible on the latter (I'm looking at you, Chrom x Sully)

Edited by Nobody

what are the ratings assuming? Like in my opinion Inigo is the worst unit in the game, uncontested, regardless of pairing, but a lot of people care about his postgame contributions since his skillset is actually pretty good from what I remember

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by General Horace

This is for the main game rather than the post game, right? Because some of the best pairings on the former are terrible on the latter (I'm looking at you, Chrom x Sully)

what are the ratings assuming? Like in my opinion Inigo is the worst unit in the game, uncontested, regardless of pairing, but a lot of people care about his postgame contributions since his skillset is actually pretty good from what I remember

EDIT: Ninja'd

For this we're gonna assume postgame, so Inigo won't be a chump like he is in no-grind.

This looks more like a good idea, thank God. :)

Alright, we're gonna go through Lissa's pairings first, then Sully's, then Miriel's, and etc. Waiting for more suggestions before starting with Frederick/Lissa.

I can't see this ending well. 8U For Lissa, aren't her best pairings with Libra or Henry?

The point of this entire thing is to rate every possible pairing based on their impact on the Gen II characters.

I can't see this ending well. 8U For Lissa, aren't her best pairings with Libra or Henry?

It's between Libra [Vengeance] and Ricken [Luna]. Henry's a chump who's draw is Vengeance, but if you're rocking Vengeance, last thing you want are bigger DEF mods. [Not like Owain is at the Critical value anyways, so it wouldn't exactly matter, but Libra still trumps Henry.]

Edited by Airship Canon

Are we allowed to take into consideration that there might be someone who would like a particular husband/father more (Sumia and the Galeforceless daughters) and rate a pairing down because it would throw someone else under the bus?

Are we allowed to take into consideration that there might be someone who would like a particular husband/father more (Sumia and the Galeforceless daughters) and rate a pairing down because it would throw someone else under the bus?

Makes sense, since a pairing like Gaius/Olivia would be a complete waste.

ZM no y u do dis.

Gameplay will not stop shipping. It never does.

let's see to which degree the shipping will affect the gameplay, then. Let's see the people rating bad pairing well because it's their otp.

Edited by Nobody

let's see to which degree the shipping will affect the gameplay, then. Let's the people rating bad pairing well because it's their otp.

MU's out so we won't be seeing the likes of Chromatar.

...There's still Chrom/Sumia to vastly overrate despite not filling a niche.

Makes sense, since a pairing like Gaius/Olivia would be a complete waste.

Gaius/Olivia is a complete waste for reasons unrelated to that. Gaius/Sumia is what you're looking for, but then again: here's a thought:

Lon'qu/Maribelle:

-2 for not being Lon'qu/Cordelia.

[Calculated rest of merits.]

Edited by Airship Canon

Maybe there should be two separate ratings, one for main game and one for postgame.

Not necessarily.

Main Game pairings are all of "Units you're using with units you're using" and really there's no optimizing them. One could suggest Speed Pairs [stahl/Sully, Gregor/Nowi, Frederick/Lissa] would be good for Main game since those allow easy access to child paralogues for more EXP or early second seal access in the case of Nah's, but you're not necessarily better off using any pairing for main game.

Pairings pretty much are all about post game, which in turn is dominated by Apotheosis.

Edited by Airship Canon

3/10

Pros:
Owain gets Luna

Neutral (things that I won't give points for (Read: Overrated Skill (Shields, DG+, Armsthrift) access)):

Owain gets Double Shields access [lol]

Cons:
Clashing modifiers cripple the poor kid.

Doesn't make use of Owain's Natural gifts

NEGATIVE SPEED MODIFIER

Trades usefulness for Swordhand usability

While you can get Owain really fast with this pairing, it hurts one of the Galeforce boys to do so. And Negative Speed is a big Nono on non-pure tanks.

Also Owain should be stacking magic because of Lissa's natural abilities. Forget the swordhand.

Aside from the "hey Lissa there's candy in my armor" thoughts I get from this arguably top 5 creepy pairing, negative speed modifier on Owain just screams bad idea.

I did this in my hard mode playthrough and Owain just couldn't really cut it compared to the other kids, had to make him a dreadfighter so he could keep up (which is my favorite, anyway, cause not using swords with owain makes me feel bad. it also has to be way harder to use a tome when your hand is always twtiching).