Any Bravely Default players?

VincentASM

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ffff, was doing good against the keystone boss at Caldisla, but I mistimed a Default and everybody but Ringabel died. Oh well, another Ninja solo.

The other bosses oughta be fun o__o

The worst is the one in Eternia. Paralysis for everyone sure is great !

The easier are the one near ancheim and the one near Starkfork. No added effect.Spell Fencer are penty useable as well.

Spell Fencer and Hunter are how I defeated the Evil One by the way

Just started chapter 4.

Lv.51 party, Hard mode as usual... been farming a little for money because I really wanted Agnés' special vest for 200'000 pg.

So far I agree with Vincent, the difficulty is higher.

Can't wait to get to that infamous Vampire castle to try to beat that boss in Hard mode. ^^

Edit: keystone what? Watch for your spoilers, you two!

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Just started chapter 4.

Lv.51 party, Hard mode as usual... been farming a little for money because I really wanted Agnés' special vest for 200'000 pg.

So far I agree with Vincent, the difficulty is higher.

Can't wait to get to that infamous Vampire castle to try to beat that boss in Hard mode. ^^

That special dress is pure cosmetic value. It's not worth buying it at this point of the game.

Ninja Abuse seems to be the way to go here. Or insane amount of level up.

No real spoilers, it's just a sidequest and it's super vague : O

But I'll continue the sidequest details in spoilers nonetheless.

Yulyana and Ancheim bosses I defeated with an all Ninja party. It was so boring D:

I did the Eisenberg one with a normal party and Greater Spirit Ward (raises elemental resistance).

Just got two left to go...

I know that dress was nothing more than an avatar, but I'm glad I bought it anyway. It's so beautiful! *^*

Hot damn, I wanted to buy the dress too, but I opted for one of the 100K weapons instead.

Now I've got 100K doing nothing, but the extra damage helps somewhat.

Edited by VincentASM

I'm a bit late to the party, it seems. Oh well.

Bought the game on launch day because I saw one of those huge collectors edition boxes sitting on the shelf of my local GameStop. I couldn't resist. That box was pretty hard to carry home though, as there was heavy snowfall. Some guy asked me about "my new PS4" (the CE was wrapped in a few GameStop console bags) while on the bus. The CE really is huge.

I've been playing the game in all of my spare time since then, but I'm still only doing the vampire castle sidequest. So far it's been a really pleasant experience and I did not regret buying the CE. I actually bought The 4 Heroes of Light on Friday because I heard it was this games spiritual predecessor.

I'll go through the topic and add everyone who posted a friendcode. If you'd add me back, I'd appreciate it. Mine is 0688-5246-1633.

Edited by domflo

@domflo: I'll be adding you soon. :)

I wanted the CE too, but it seemed really expensive. x_x And despite loving Agnés, I can't really come to appreciate that figure.

Beat Victor and Victoria yesterday. It was quite easy, I only had to equip anti-poison charms and skills and they were unable to do anything.

I liked how mad was Agnés in this battle, lol. Poor lady.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

@domflo: I'll be adding you soon. :)

I wanted the CE too, but it seemed really expensive. x_x And despite loving Agnés, I can't really come to appreciate that figure.

Beat Victor and Victoria yesterday. It was quite easy, I only had to equip anti-poison charms and skills and they were unable to do anything.

I liked how mad was Agnés in this battle, lol. Poor lady.

Look who said us to watch our spoilers...

I can't count how many time Star Pendant saved my life. Probably as much as anti-Charm Item.

My shop sold the CE at 100+ €.

Edited by Edea the Brave

Well Agnés being mad is not a spoiler, I suppose? Telling *why* she was mad would be a spoiler.

And I tend to not use those charms at all... I might try them more from now on.

I was talking about the Victor and Victoria Boss Battle. I mean, it's something people would expected, but it still count.

And the Anti-Charm is prety much essential against Asmodeus.

I spend all my Friend Summon on that one battle to beat the most dangerous member of the group before he could attack me.

The next battle.... Well, Star pendant saved my life once again, and giving the Ribbon to my healer (Agnès) ended up being a great choice.

It was actually far more easier than that other battle.

And now...

It's the final showdown !

I still haven't advanced in the main quest yet...

Shelie, did you already found Susano-o ?

Edited by Edea the Brave

All random monsters in the overworld in Eternia are weak to fire, so just spam Prometheus' Fire a little if you have it, and you should get through them with ease. I got from lv. 47 to lv. 53 in 20 minutes. Got 250k pg while doing so. ;P

By the way, which is your favorite class so far?

I'm really liking the Performer. All those boosts are pretty neat.

Blackmage + Bushido(but only thanks to Abilinks)
No real favourite class off the top of my head, I like mages but I think I'm getting to the point where they need too much set up just to get close to physical damage. Magic amps don't feel worth it at all.

I'm not sure what my fav class is just yet but I quite like Spell Fencer, Ninja & Monk, havent really experimented with all the classes abilites yet, anyone who ablinks with me now should be able to use all the support skills I just finished maxing out all the classes through different characters, Just got Tiz to lvl 99 as well

I like Performer and Salve-Maker (even if that disgusting ugly fatass is a real chore).

SpellFencer and Hunter are really usefull too.

And the SpiritMaster/White Mage is classic

But my all time favorite is Vampire. All my Boss battle consist of Absorbing the Ennemy Attack and spamming Firestorm.

Or Spray for Asmodeus (or the ennemies that loves abusing default). Fireball is cool too.

Edea just got at level 99. Tiz and Agnes will soon follow.

EDIT : Tiz and Agnes followed.

Edited by Edea the Brave

I wanted to use Reflect for V and V too; that would have been fun. I just opted for anti-Poison and the battle itself wasn't too difficult, despite their earlier threats.

Favourite classes are probably...

In terms of ability: Swordmaster, Ninja, Valkyrie, Spell Fencer

In terms of looks: Summoner

Ability and looks: Performer X D

Salve-maker is cool, but I'd only use their abilities and not the class : P

I was probably underleveled, Reflect was a last retort when my physicals were barely dealing a thousand damage. Fun to see light and dark hit their weaknesses. Used up like 12 turbo ethers, 10 X potions. That's when I decided that I probably should grind a bit.

Am I the only one who loves the Freelancer?

I suppose its passive is the best in the lategame, and he has some very interesting abilities.

Ringabel as a performer is just perfect. Matches his personality sooo much

Tiz maxed Freelancer, and always keeps the Freelancer abilities with him. Scanning everyone at the beginning of the fight, them mimicking the last actions.

Thief is also pretty awesome. One of the best early class. A thief with abow destroy everything eatly on.

Agnes is ablutely perfect as a White Mage. White mage also uses Wind Magic which isn a big advantage.

Edea.. have her father and Master's class, but I think Knight also fit her well.

Not sure which class is the best for Tiz except Freelancer, honnestly.