Any Bravely Default players?

VincentASM

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So like, what is the point of Bravely Second (as in the time stopping thing, not the sequel)? I have it maxed out at three sp but I've never used it.

It basically lets you perform some actions when you can't. For example, if everyone has a negative BP count, you can still use Bravely Second to perform some action, because this does not deduct BP points (instead, it deducts BS points).

Nevertheless, I only used this feature during an accidental mispress of the start button.

Edited by Soulreaper

So like, what is the point of Bravely Second (as in the time stopping thing, not the sequel)? I have it maxed out at three sp but I've never used it.

You can use them to act whenever you want in battle, regardless of your BP just like Soulreaper said but more important you can use it to break the limit of 9999 damage with it to deal far more damage later in the game. However it's not really necessary to use it, since you don't really need it at all to complete the game. It can be a help in tough situations though, for example to heal between the actions.

Nevertheless, I only used this feature during an accidental mispress of the start button.

you just could have pressed start once more to deactivate it again..

I recently completed the demo... after 10 hours of playtime... it is by far the longest demo I've ever played.

I reminds me of the DS remake of Final Fantasy III. But it's a lot better.

I should be getting the game soon (finally!) so I added everyone on the first page! Please add me back if you can!

1349-4940-0147

I'll be checking this thread so if anyone else wants to add me go ahead and just post or PM that you have so I can add you.

Vince, not going to lie, I am incredibly thankful that you have an OP Agnes. I forgot to have a white mage against

Salve-Maker Qada

and I guess I could have reset but I really wanted to win, so I had you nuke him. I resisted the temptation against every other boss though.

Chaugmar was hellish though, I ended up cheesing him with a team of merchants and salve-makers who could slam him in his super defense form since he'd wipe me every time even while Defaulting through his Energy Burst. It was worth throwing money at it to clear it fast.

God, Agnes' voice actor is terrible.

Her and Tiz are the reason I turned the voices off... I've never been forced to turn voices off in order to enjoy a game until now.

Ring is okay, but his pervert stchick got really old after a while. Also I can't help but feel that Lliam 'o Brian would have done his voice better.

Also I like spell fencer way more than I anticipated I would.

I'm totally not playing this game and totally not stuck at. . .

the Water Crystal. Currently level 29 on everyone, and am having a wee bit too much fun in Freelancer. BTW, thanks to Rothene, Alfred, and Shy Tenda for getting rid of a few bosses for me.

I'm totally not playing this game and totally not stuck at. . .

the Water Crystal. Currently level 29 on everyone, and am having a wee bit too much fun in Freelancer. BTW, thanks to Rothene, Alfred, and Shy Tenda for getting rid of a few bosses for me.

Gotta abuse that lightning weakness!

Try some sword magic w/ Crescent Moon from the Valkyrie class. That should help for when Rusalka splits into different copies.

Gotta abuse that lightning weakness!

Try some sword magic w/ Crescent Moon from the Valkyrie class. That should help for when Rusalka splits into different copies.

My problem is staying alive long enough to do that! My mages get gibbed pretty quickly. However, that sounds like a hilarious idea, and I think I'll give that a try!

My problem is staying alive long enough to do that! My mages get gibbed pretty quickly. However, that sounds like a hilarious idea, and I think I'll give that a try!

Yeah, that special attack Rusalka uses is pretty annoying, same for the charm ailment it inflicts. Only thing that could help you would be the Monk's HP-boosting abilities, the Knight's DEF-boosting abilities, and the Protect spell. IIRC protect is effective against Rusalka since all of its attacks are physical. It's probably why your mages are getting KO'd quickly.

But, yeah, try out that Crescent Moon + Thunder strategy. It should help out a lot.

You can also be really cheap and abilink with someone who has a mastered Time Mage and equip Hasten World. With Hasten World you can spam the Valkyrie's Jump skill over and over without having to wait. You'll just have to keep your Time Mage alive somehow.

Yeah, that special attack Rusalka uses is pretty annoying, same for the charm ailment it inflicts. Only thing that could help you would be the Monk's HP-boosting abilities, the Knight's DEF-boosting abilities, and the Protect spell. IIRC protect is effective against Rusalka since all of its attacks are physical. It's probably why your mages are getting KO'd quickly.

But, yeah, try out that Crescent Moon + Thunder strategy. It should help out a lot.

You can also be really cheap and abilink with someone who has a mastered Time Mage and equip Hasten World. With Hasten World you can spam the Valkyrie's Jump skill over and over without having to wait. You'll just have to keep your Time Mage alive somehow.

You don't need to be a Time Mage to equip Hasten World.

@eclipse:

If you feel like doing things 'predictably', have a Black magic user equip Angelic ward and Shield Lore, prioritizing Shield Lore. Default until you have a stock of 3 BP, or just be prepared to have the Black magic user cast Thunder based magic 4 times in one round. Should wipe out the Rusalka minions. What I did explicitly use was Shield Lore and all my Black mages were about as tanky as the warrior types. Shield Lore stayed with my casters for many many many chapters for good reason.

Her and Tiz are the reason I turned the voices off... I've never been forced to turn voices off in order to enjoy a game until now.

Ring is okay, but his pervert stchick got really old after a while. Also I can't help but feel that Lliam 'o Brian would have done his voice better.

Also I like spell fencer way more than I anticipated I would.

Ringabel and Tiz convinced you of how awesome Spell Fencer are, right ?

Especially for Agnes and Edea.

Though, seriously, they are a really good class.

I love this game. it has a lot of plot in it

ch.2 spoiler

gPBwz6F.jpg

Have you read Ringabel's character description on the Notebook of D ?

Ringabel really is amazing.

[spoiler=Final Chapter spoilers]To anyone who's gotten past the first battle with Airy, how did you do it? I can get past her first form just fine, it's just her second form that's giving me trouble ><;

[spoiler=Final Chapter spoilers]To anyone who's gotten past the first battle with Airy, how did you do it? I can get past her first form just fine, it's just her second form that's giving me trouble ><;

Remember that she is weak to Fire, and that She is a Bug, so Spell Fencer and Hunter can makes a lot of damges (I guess you could even combine the two together)

If you have it, don't hesitate to abuse Fireball with your Vampire.

(and change all of your specials to VS Bug and Fire Elemental)

Her main problem is her special attack(Zetta Fire, or something). after she weakens you to all elements.

If you're not strong enough to survive one hit, just use Default,,then spam healing and attacks.

The Siritmaster,abilities, or Ninja (the Auto-Evade one) are also usefull.

ANd if nothing else works, you can still level up a bit or change the difficulty.

[spoiler=Minor spoiler regarding abilities]If nothing else helps, having someone around who can use Lv6 Time Magic can also help, as the Re-Raise spell allows you to "survive" even attacks that would otherwise one-shot your entire party.

[spoiler=Minor spoiler regarding abilities]If nothing else helps, having someone around who can use Lv6 Time Magic can also help, as the Re-Raise spell allows you to "survive" even attacks that would otherwise one-shot your entire party.

Unfortunately, no one on my team can use that. ; ;

@final chapter things

if you time stillness (spiritmaster) correctly according to your peoples' speed, you're basically invincible for the entire duration of the fight

:facepalm:

Wow, I can't believe I never thought of that. Thank you for reminding me.

Edited by Kinumi

@eclipse:

If you feel like doing things 'predictably', have a Black magic user equip Angelic ward and Shield Lore, prioritizing Shield Lore. Default until you have a stock of 3 BP, or just be prepared to have the Black magic user cast Thunder based magic 4 times in one round. Should wipe out the Rusalka minions. What I did explicitly use was Shield Lore and all my Black mages were about as tanky as the warrior types. Shield Lore stayed with my casters for many many many chapters for good reason.

Thanks you two~!

So it took something like 12 Ethers and 4 Turbo Ethers, but I managed to kill that stupid water thing. Shields weren't enough to save Ringabel, though. Edea went from Valkyrie to Spell Fencer, and it's hilarious. Once I get the anti-magic things, she'll go back to being a Tanky Thing. Tiz is currently a Merchant because I'm THAT SHORT on gold - once I get More Money as a permanent passive, I'll reclass him into Knight/Spell Fencer/something physical. Agnes/Ringabel are my mages, and are doing a pretty good job of it. Currently facing three Automatons. I'm pretty sure I can kick their asses, but some new equipment should make things less dicey.