WOULD Snipers be more useful end game units if CROSBOWS were in this game?

PacoHeavyFire

Xbows aren't that good, they are on fixed damage, which means that to be balanced, normal bows will always come out as superior. What archers really need is the speed buff. In all games but RD (when marksmen) and Awakening they had a relatively high speed cap (27-28)

Again I made an Excel book for a plan I had to making a hacked gameboy rom FE game, and I started wondering how to make stats balanced, I figured something like this would work:

Swordmaster 80 42 30 48 50 45 38 42 Sniper 80 46 30 50 45 45 42 37 Horseman 80 44 30 46 48 45 38 38 Hero 80 46 30 48 46 45 42 38 Warrior 80 50 30 46 45 45 42 37 Berserker 80 50 30 42 48 45 40 34 Soldier 80 46 30 45 44 45 45 42 General 80 50 30 46 40 45 50 40 Wyvern Knight 80 48 30 48 42 45 48 34 Paladin 80 46 30 44 44 45 44 44

I figured something like this would work, I know it's very similar to RD's, but I think that game ahad a great balance in classes overall, not like Awakening. The better if Snipers got a way to counter enemy attacks, even weakly with xbows

Edited by PacoHeavyFire

Again I made an Excel book for a plan I had to making a hacked gameboy rom FE game, and I started wondering how to make stats balanced, I figured something like this would work:

Swordmaster 80 42 30 48 50 45 38 42 Sniper 80 46 30 50 45 45 42 37 Horseman 80 44 30 46 48 45 38 38 Hero 80 46 30 48 46 45 42 38 Warrior 80 50 30 46 45 45 42 37 Berserker 80 50 30 42 48 45 40 34 Soldier 80 46 30 45 44 45 45 42 General 80 50 30 46 40 45 50 40 Wyvern Knight 80 48 30 48 42 45 48 34 Paladin 80 46 30 44 44 45 44 44

I figured something like this would work, I know it's very similar to RD's, but I think that game ahad a great balance in classes overall, not like Awakening. The better if Snipers got a way to counter enemy attacks, even weakly with xbows

Swordmaster insuperior in Strength and Skill 0/10

I'm pretty sure there's a section of the forum dedicated to Romhacks. If you went there, you might get more relevant traffic.

So, uh, your method for balancing things is to inflate everyone's stats? If I were trying to balance the game with simple hacks, the first things I'd do would be to change what classes get what skills, who gets what classes, what classes promote into (mostly so some promotions make more sense), and bring back personal skills. And wow, you gave SM the same skill as Wyvern Knight.

Swordmaster insuperior in Strength and Skill 0/10

You... think swordmasters (tiny men with tiny swords) should be stronger than people who wield longbows.

Are you real?

(and the word is 'inferior'.)

Edited by Parrhesia

You... think swordmasters (tiny men with tiny swords) should be stronger than people who wield longbows.

Are you real?

(and the word is 'inferior'.)

TC inflated everyone's stats. Snipers would probably get a boost too. And 42 Str (+4) is really underwhelming when you consider that he gave Wyvern Lord (which started with the same amount of Skl as SMs had of Str) +10 Skl. They shouldn't be stronger than Snipers, but they should also not be so weak as to still stink.

And the game already has some weird stat comparisons, you know. GKs have less Mag than Myrmidons and the same as Villagers, while Great Lord M has the same Res as Falcos. Think about that for a bit.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

What we really need is to give the Double Bow the ability to hit at a range of one like FE10.

No. Crossbows never really had a use unless Shinon/Rolf had a strength curse (very unlikely for Rolf, Shinon maybe, since Rolf really outdid Shinon in that one stat.)

Did you forget how RD nerfed Sages to hell?? I like RD and all, but mages in general just had it bad in the Tellius saga. And no, crossbows wouldn't be useful here either (FFS, all they were good for in Radiant Dawn was against fliers, used with Beastfoe, and Disarm shenanigans).

Edited by Levant Fortner

My mind is always searching for ways to make every unit usable as an end game unit, so I've been wonderinf, if crosbows were in Awakening would Sniper (whit a small max stat boost) be a better class?

Not really, but Snipers are already a good unit in Lunatic+. A way to make them "better" without just breaking everyone's stats apart and introducing new weapon types, is just to give them a good environment to thrive in the first place. They are a player-phase class with access to 3-range, so rewarding that would make more Snipers useful.

That sounds nice, but in practice it wouldn't really be any better than 1-2 range unless the map design changed to suite them more. Archers are bad main game (outside of Lunatic+) because there are a lot of enemies and a lot of open fields for them to charge you in.

I thought snipers were really lacking until I got to endgame content.

Crossbows would be cool like some other FE, but because you can pair in this game, and Brave weapons are readily available, I'm fine w/ the way snipers are right now.

Now, it'd be awesome if there was some sidequest/Knight Ring that allowed them to double move, IMO.

Rolf = God with Knight Ring.

I thought snipers were really lacking until I got to endgame content.

Crossbows would be cool like some other FE, but because you can pair in this game, and Brave weapons are readily available, I'm fine w/ the way snipers are right now.

Now, it'd be awesome if there was some sidequest/Knight Ring that allowed them to double move, IMO.

Rolf = God with Knight Ring.

I personally found little reason to bother with snipers in endgame. Sure, longbows and the Double Bow are nice, but is it really worth being in a bow-locked class just to use them? A subjective question to which I think the answer is no.

Bold: Oxymoronic. Rolf and God cancel each other out.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Brave Bow is already the best postgame physical weapon (if you are relying on Galeforce shenanigans that is).

The problem is that Warriors and Assassins are statistically better than Snipers in every stat that matters. Bow Knights also have a move advantage and better pair up bonuses.

Brave Bow is already the best postgame physical weapon (if you are relying on Galeforce shenanigans that is).

The problem is that Warriors and Assassins are statistically better than Snipers in every stat that matters. Bow Knights also have a move advantage and better pair up bonuses.

Warriors have less Skl (it matters if it costs you 100% hit rate) and give inferior pair-up bonuses due to the lack of +Skl. Assassins are good, though, provided they can get Bowfaire to shore up their attack.

However, attack range is a stat that matters. If you don't have a Double/Longbow to poke with, it's very hard to kill Thronie without taking a pile of damage in return (significant if you're VV'ing), and it helps on the Counter Snipers and the like. It also gives you the ability to retaliate against the hordes of Longbow Snipers in Normal Apo on EP.

Warriors have less Skl (it matters if it costs you 100% hit rate) and give inferior pair-up bonuses due to the lack of +Skl. Assassins are good, though, provided they can get Bowfaire to shore up their attack.

Bow ACC + Forge + 3 innate SKL is more than enough for 100% Hit in my experience

Granted +skl is a little more chance to give extra Dual Strike or skill procs which is a little bit of importance in this game

That and STR in Main unit is pretty damn useless