What's Your Favorite Superhero/ine?

MacLovin

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Deadpool was more of an anti-hero?

Anyway, Iron Man, no contest! He's like Batman, only with a super cool high tech suit of armor and lots of funny lines. :D

I also like Spiderman, Hawkeye, Captain America, the Fantastic Four, Daredevil, and War Machine/Iron Patriot. Marvel heroes are the best, imo. Though I do like Batman, Robin, the Flash, and Hawkgirl too (from DC). Hawkgirl is just cool to me. I like her design and that she uses a spiked club for a weapon. And she's a member of the main Justice League. :3 (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and Hawkgirl are the seven main members)

EDIT: Oh, another Marvel hero I have to mention is the Spot. As far as I know, he's minor and only appeared in an episode of the 90s Spiderman cartoon, but he had a very interesing and unqiue power. He could create and control teleportation portals and use them to travel even faster than the Flash, I imagine. But I liked him for being so original and cool! He started off robbing banks and jewelry stores, but he only did so because he wanted to protect the woman he loved and get away from the Kingpin so he could do his research elsewhere. Spiderman helped him out, but he sacrificed himself (sort of) to save New York from a giant portal that he mistakenly left open and could only close by going inside it. I'm not sure if he could've returned by opening another portal somewhere else and then closing it, but he never did appear again, so...

Edited by Anacybele

I thought Deadpool was more of an anti-hero?

Anyway, Iron Man, no contest! He's like Batman, only with a super cool high tech suit of armor and lots of funny lines. :D

I also like Spiderman, Hawkeye, Captain America, the Fantastic Four, Daredevil, and War Machine/Iron Patriot. Marvel heroes are the best, imo. Though I do like Batman, Robin, the Flash, and Hawkgirl too (from DC). Hawkgirl is just cool to me. I like her design and that she uses a spiked club for a weapon. And she's a member of the main Justice League. :3 (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and Hawkgirl are the seven main members)

EDIT: Oh, another Marvel hero I have to mention is the Spot. As far as I know, he's minor and only appeared in an episode of the 90s Spiderman cartoon, but he had a very interesing and unqiue power. He could create and control teleportation portals and use them to travel even faster than the Flash, I imagine. But I liked him for being so original and cool! He started off robbing banks and jewelry stores, but he only did so because he wanted to protect the woman he loved and get away from the Kingpin so he could do his research elsewhere. Spiderman helped him out, but he sacrificed himself (sort of) to save New York from a giant portal that he mistakenly left open and could only close by going inside it. I'm not sure if he could've returned by opening another portal somewhere else and then closing it, but he never did appear again, so...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spot_(comics)

to be fair, I'm pretty sure teleportation portals are used by an array of magic based heroes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spot_(comics)

to be fair, I'm pretty sure teleportation portals are used by an array of magic based heroes.

Yeah, but not as their main power, I bet. I've yet to see this and I know about a lot of super heroes. :P

Didn't know Spot was a villain in comics though. He was definitely more of a hero in the Spiderman cartoon though, so I still count him as one.

Spider-Man, hands down. With his witty remarks and everyday problems that go beyond just beating up the latest baddie, he's the most endearing, most human and most relatable of all. Also has one of the best gallery of rogues, if not THE best.

Either the Silver Surfer or Booster Gold. I'm rather torn between the poetic philosopher and the egomaniac from the future.

you seem more like Booster Gold.

Spider-Man, hands down. With his witty remarks and everyday problems that go beyond just beating up the latest baddie, he's the most endearing, most human and most relatable of all. Also has one of the best gallery of rogues, if not THE best.

one more day :C:

i miss spidey being down to earth and not making faustian deals.

[spoiler=ramblings]

I wonder how many countries outside of the U.S. (and Canada?) have things that are directly analogous to, like, the comic-market-dominating friggin institutions that are North American superhero comics, particularly the Marvel and D.C. franchises

Japan has tokusatsu, (though there are a lot of tokusatsu franchises aside from Sentai/Ultraman/Kamen Rider/costumed hero peeps etc,) aaand

That can't possibly be all there is in the whole world, but I'm having a hard time remembering just other individual superhero series from anywhere that isn't over here, much less anything like the universe conglomerates N.A. superhero comics constitute

Oh, almost forgot about The 99, a Kuwait-originated (?) series based on there being a superhero for each of the 99 attributes/names (?) of Allah (not the in-universe explanation, it's a typical "McGuffin gem gives powers" setup, (no offense intended,) but the namesake's origin is, far as I've heard, intended to be pretty transparent) (also supposedly most, if not all of the people on the creative team have worked at D.C. at some point, but anyway)

Though if I understand correctly, The 99 constitutes a single series? So maybe its publisher Teshkeel Comics doesn't quite fit a pedant's definition of "Kuwait's D.C."

..double oh, almost forgot the actual thread question

I've probably spent more money on Batman merchandise (Arkham games) than on any other superhero's, though I've probably owned more Spiderman things total (some actual comics, a kid's-encyclopedia-style "definitive guide" circa like 2006 at the very latest, the ps1/n64 game and the first two movie games), both of whom probably share the spot of most nostalgically revered superhero in my head (cartoons helped) (no, Pete, that does not mean any of your cartoons were as good as Batman TAS, please sit down)

(so basically, [the most average answer possible])

Also I think She-Hulk is cool and Deadpool is fun, at the very least in concept

george dubya bush definitely

I have this eternal internal conflict going on with respect to whether I should clap people on the back for making dubya jokes, or should feel a twinge of remorse at my own

("he wasn't, like, a bad guy-" "Iraq. Afghanistan. u.s. foreign relations as you know them. Education. like every social issue ever. stem cells. [godzilla roar]")

Edited by Rehab

[spoiler=ramblings]

Oh, almost forgot about The 99, a Kuwait-originated (?) series based on there being a superhero for each of the 99 attributes/names (?) of Allah (not the in-universe explanation, it's a typical "McGuffin gem gives powers" setup, (no offense intended,) but the namesake's origin is, far as I've heard, intended to be pretty transparent) (also supposedly most, if not all of the people on the creative team have worked at D.C. at some point, but anyway)

Though if I understand correctly, The 99 constitutes a single series? So maybe its publisher Teshkeel Comics doesn't quite fit a pedant's definition of "Kuwait's D.C."

That sounds amazing.

[spoiler=ramblings]

I wonder how many countries outside of the U.S. (and Canada?) have things that are directly analogous to, like, the comic-market-dominating friggin institutions that are North American superhero comics, particularly the Marvel and D.C. franchises

Japan has tokusatsu, (though there are a lot of tokusatsu franchises aside from Sentai/Ultraman/Kamen Rider/costumed hero peeps etc,) aaand

That can't possibly be all there is in the whole world, but I'm having a hard time remembering just other individual superhero series from anywhere that isn't over here, much less anything like the universe conglomerates N.A. superhero comics constitute

..double oh, almost forgot the actual thread question

I've probably spent more money on Batman merchandise (Arkham games) than on any other superhero's, though I've probably owned more Spiderman things total (some actual comics, a kid's-encyclopedia-style "definitive guide" circa like 2006 at the very latest, the ps1/n64 game and the first two movie games), both of whom probably share the spot of most nostalgically revered superhero in my head (cartoons helped) (no, Pete, that does not mean any of your cartoons were as good as Batman TAS, please sit down)

(so basically, [the most average answer possible])

Also I think She-Hulk is cool and Deadpool is fun, at the very least in concept

I have this eternal internal conflict going on with respect to whether I should clap people on the back for making dubya jokes, or should feel a twinge of remorse at my own

("he wasn't, like, a bad guy-" "Iraq. Afghanistan. u.s. foreign relations as you know them. Education. like every social issue ever. stem cells. [godzilla roar]")

There are various superheroes like that Cybersix from Spain or MIracleman/Marvelman from Britain.

Or if we want to generalize, The Doctor and Heracles do count.

Oh and I suppose Tim Hunter too.