Who should MaMU Marry for the best Third Gen Morgan?

ShadowSlayer

The title says it all. I've came up with these marraiges for my Lunatic run, going for the best children possible, will be challenging Apotheosis, set my Asset as Magic and Flaw as Strength (seemed like a good idea for a magic based Morgan). I'm not sure who my Male Avatar should marry for the best third generation Morgan. Some people suggested Noire, who'll be changed into a Tome wielding class, but after seeing many people deem Noire as a weaker child unit, I'm not sure about it. Help please?

Marraiges:

Chrom/Sumia

Donnel/Sully

Gaius/Tharja

Ricken/Miriel

Stahl/Cordelia

Lon'qu/Maribelle

Henry/Lissa

Fredrick/Olivia

Gregor/Cherche

Kellam/Panne

Vaike/Nowi

MaMU/???

Thanks.

Aether as a proc skill with the other damage dealing ones because of the lower activation rate will do you good... since Aether just does outright more damage output than the rest of them.

So either Cynthia or Lucina in your case.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Aether as a proc skill with the other damage dealing ones because of the lower activation rate will do you good.

So either Cynthia or Lucina in your case.

Ok seems good. Wouldn't I be losing Magic stats though? Or is it such a small amount that it doesn't really matter at all?

Cynthia because she's the best mother.

I like Gaius!Cynthia!Morgan, in particular. Henry!Cynthia!Morgan or Chrom!Cynthia!Morgan aren't bad, either.

Edited by ZeeEmm

You could have Chrom marry Maribelle. Then you're getting good magic on Morgan and aether as well

And quite potentially the most useless Morgan of all time.

Don't get me wrong:

tumblr_my73hqQ2271rh9jsuo1_400.jpg

That thing is powerful-- VERY Powerful. There's a downside in redundancy though, since...

Her parents can already melt thru the hardest challenge in the game.

I have incredibly limited experience with making a 3rd Gen Morgan (only done it once with Lucy myself), but I do know that a Male Morgan with a Strenght Asset Mother and a Vaike! Gerome Father is potentially the strongest character in the game. Give Rey's vid a look for more details XD

I have incredibly limited experience with making a 3rd Gen Morgan (only done it once with Lucy myself), but I do know that a Male Morgan with a Strenght Asset Mother and a Vaike! Gerome Father is potentially the strongest character in the game. Give Rey's vid a look for more details XD

Hardest Singular Physical Hit goes to him.

Highest Overall Physical damage might go to him as well. (Since you can't get anywhere near a high +STR and have Aether at the same time; Olivia!Lucina!Morgan +STR/-DEF would be best shot at that, and you're -5 down from V!G!M, a -3 can be overcame)

Hardest Singular Magic Hit goes to Ricken!Laurent!Morgan.

Highest Overall Magic Damage goes to +MAG/-DEF Mari!Lucina!Morgan(*). [but, like I just said, she's redundant, since you've reliably trivialized Apotheosis if you have her]

going for the best children possible

People trying to get the best chidren possible don't even go for third gen Morgan, end of story.

You're already pairing up Sully with Donnel and Tharja with Gaius. You obviously care about Galeforce if you know anything about the pairings you chose. For a third Galeforce user, pair up Nowi with MaMU.

Edited by Chiki

People trying to get the best chidren possible don't even go for third gen Morgan, end of story.

You're already pairing up Sully with Donnel and Tharja with Gaius. You obviously care about Galeforce if you know anything about the pairings you chose. For a third Galeforce user, pair up Nowi with MaMU.

That's funny, I'm pretty sure I've seen people who want the best children get Gen3 Morgan before.

You make absolutely no sense at all. You're saying people who want the best children don't want the best children. Morgan is a child FYI. Me wanting the best children possible means exactly what I said - the best children possible...

You make absolutely no sense at all. You're saying people who want the best children don't want the best children. Morgan is a child FYI. Me wanting the best children possible means exactly what I said - the best children possible...

Wow, facepalm. I'll try to explain this in as simple words as I can. I'm saying that, if you want the best children possible, the set which contains the best pairings for the best children possible, doesn't contain the Avatar x a child character. It contains pairings which entail 3 Galeforce users. Is that clear enough for you to understand?

You want the best children possible, and you also want Male Avatar x a child character. That's impossible, because the set containing the best pairings does not have this pairing (Male Avatar x a child character). That's a contradiction. One of the best skills in the game is Galeforce, and it's best to have it on as many units as possible.

This reasoning is widely accepted. http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45064

Even if you don't agree with having 3 Galeforce users, it's almost always better to have 2 children with almost every possible skill than have 1 child with every possible skill with slightly higher stats and have 1 normal child, especially for what you're doing here. Just ignore people like Airship Canon; they have no idea on what they're talking about and they're not very good at the game.

Edited by Chiki

Wow, facepalm. I'll try to explain this in as simple words as I can. I'm saying that, if you want the best children possible, the set which contains the best pairings for the best children possible, doesn't contain the Avatar x a child character. It contains pairings which entail 3 Galeforce users. Is that clear enough for you to understand?

You want the best children possible, and you also want Male Avatar x a child character. That's impossible, because the set containing the best pairings does not have this pairing (Male Avatar x a child character). That's a contradiction. One of the best skills in the game is Galeforce, and it's best to have it on as many units as possible.

This reasoning is widely accepted. http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45064

Even if you don't agree with having 3 Galeforce users, it's almost always better to have 2 children with almost every possible skill than have 1 child with every possible skill with slightly higher stats and have 1 normal child, especially for what you're doing here. Just ignore people like Airship Canon; they have no idea on what they're talking about and they're not very good at the game.

Ok then, what changes to my pairings would you suggest?

Ok then, what changes to my pairings would you suggest?

Well, in my view for the best possible pairings, you want to have as many Galeforce users as possible.

Chrom/Sumia - good

Donnel/Sully - good

Gaius/Tharja - good

Ricken/Miriel - A little subpar. Gregor is considered a good father for Laurent because of Armsthrift. Laurent can't get Galeforce anyway so it doesn't matter too much. Lon'qu works here too.

Stahl/Cordelia - Lon'qu works here too if you want options.

Lon'qu/Maribelle - Henry is good here.

Henry/Lissa - Ricken is good here.

Fredrick/Olivia - Libra is good here.

Gregor/Cherche - Kellam or Frederick here would be best, I think. You want Gerome to have high strength and def to be a good tank.

Kellam/Panne - Kellam or Frederick here. You want Yarne to have high str and def for a good combo with his speed.

MaMU/Nowi - already covered

If you don't want to have as many Galeforce users as possible, it depends on what kind of strategies you like.

Well, in my view for the best possible pairings, you want to have as many Galeforce users as possible.

Chrom/Sumia - good

Donnel/Sully - good

Gaius/Tharja - good

Ricken/Miriel - A little subpar. Gregor is considered a good father for Laurent because of Armsthrift. Laurent can't get Galeforce anyway so it doesn't matter too much. Lon'qu works here too.

Stahl/Cordelia - Lon'qu works here too if you want options.

Lon'qu/Maribelle - Henry is good here.

Henry/Lissa - Ricken is good here.

Fredrick/Olivia - Libra is good here.

Gregor/Cherche - Kellam or Frederick here would be best, I think. You want Gerome to have high strength and def to be a good tank.

Kellam/Panne - Kellam or Frederick here. You want Yarne to have high str and def for a good combo with his speed.

MaMU/Nowi - already covered

If you don't want to have as many Galeforce users as possible, it depends on what kind of strategies you like.

Do you think this could work?

Chrom/Sumia

Donnel/Sully

Gaius/Tharja

Gregor/Miriel

Lon'qu/Cordelia

Henry/Maribelle

Ricken/Lissa

Libra/Olivia (Can someone tell me why???)

Fredrick/Cherche

Kellam/Panne

MaMU/Nowi (My Avatar has +Magic -Strength flaw, not sure if that's very good for here or is it fine???)

And no love for Stahl?

Thanks

If you're going to marry Nowi, you'll want an asset that raises Spd, because Nowi's Spd is very bad. Fortunately, +Mag does this. Your end mods will be 1/1/-1/-2/1/3/2 + -3/4/-1/2/0/-1/2 + 1/1/1/1/1/1/1 = -1/6/-1/1/2/3/5. A shame about the Skl, but it'll be fine as a Sage or Dark Flier.

If you're going for maximum Galeforce/Luna combos, you'll need to put Luna on Severa, which means Stahl. Fortunately she still gets Vantage and now has some nice Str mods, but you lose that Spd... If you don't want to do that, I'd put Stahl with Panne to avoid class redundancy and make Yarne more useful (without Galeforce he'll be supporting, so the better Str mods are good).

If you're going to marry Nowi, you'll want an asset that raises Spd, because Nowi's Spd is very bad. Fortunately, +Mag does this. Your end mods will be 1/1/-1/-2/1/3/2 + -3/4/-1/2/0/-1/2 + 1/1/1/1/1/1/1 = -1/6/-1/1/2/3/5. A shame about the Skl, but it'll be fine as a Sage or Dark Flier.

If you're going for maximum Galeforce/Luna combos, you'll need to put Luna on Severa, which means Stahl. Fortunately she still gets Vantage and now has some nice Str mods, but you lose that Spd... If you don't want to do that, I'd put Stahl with Panne to avoid class redundancy and make Yarne more useful (without Galeforce he'll be supporting, so the better Str mods are good).

Ok thanks, but with MU's mods,how does he have a +1 Strength modifier if I put his flaw as strength?I'm new to the whole stat mods thing.

K thanks

Also, what would Nowi do for Morgan as a mother? I know by marrying MU with Nowi I'm making a much better Nah, but I don't want to sacrifice Morgan's usefulness for that.

And lastly, I don't know why I should marry Ricken/Lissa and Libra/Olivia, can someone explain why these are good pairings?

Manaketes are broken. Of course, Kellam or Freddy!Nah!Morgan is better, but two Morgans are better than one, especially if they are manaketes.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

She gives Morgan a permanent Dragon weakness and Manakete access. Manakete is really really good anywhere the enemies are slow and there's no Luna+/Counter, and having Armsthrift means you don't have to shell out thousands each map to keep them running. Unfortunately there are lots of forged Wyrmslayers in Lunatic(+) skirmishes, so be warned.

So right now I'm actually going for a second gen Morgan with these pairings. (Still open to suggestions, including third gen Morgan ones) Chrom/Sumia

Donnel/Sully

Gaius/Tharja

Gregor/Miriel

Lon'qu/Cordelia

Henry/Maribelle

Ricken/Lissa

Libra/Olivia

Fredrick/Cherche

Kellam/Panne

MaMU/Nowi

So it seems good to me. Any other suggestions? Anyone think a third gen Morgan would be better then a worse second gen + a much better child? (Nah in this case)