Eirika's Route vs. Ephraim's Route

UberJoshua

Hi guys, for those of us who have played Fire emblem sacred stones, we know that after chapter 9 is completed, you have to choose whether to pick Eirika as you main lord, or Ephraim as your main lord. You then travel with them through their route (until chapter 14) and the other lord go's there seperate ways. The question is, what lord do you choose? I usually choose Ephraim because i find his route more difficult and interesting. What do you guys think?

I've played through FE8 twice, once on each route. Personally I think Ephraim's route's a little more interesting, Eirika's maps are all fairly tame in comparison. Although you do get a little more story from the Eirika route.

In Eirika route, I get Seth having his way with his princess

In Ephraim route, I can see Seth going Yaranaika with Franz on a nice boat in a monster sandwich

I prefer Ephraim route because Yaranaika is superior, but thats just me

Edited by JSND

Eirika beacuse father and son is a really boring map and Ephraim's route isn't even really that much harder.

Seriously fuck Ephraim 14, it's just so damn tedious if you want to get everything.

Edited by Irysa

I've played through FE8 twice, once on each route. Personally I think Ephraim's route's a little more interesting, Eirika's maps are all fairly tame in comparison. Although you do get a little more story from the Eirika route.

Yeah, especially the Serena map, i found that one somewhat tricky.

Eirika's chapters are the easiest and most chapters are lame. Ephraim's are slightly harder, with the exception of Ghost Ship and Selena's chapter, which I found to be tough. You miss out a lot of important stuff if you go with Eirika (like invading Grado), imo, so that's why I prefer Ephraim.

I prefer Eirika's route; gameplay wise, Ephraim's route is more tedious, and story wise Eirika's route makes the most sense. Plus, I like how Eirika grows in her story while Ephraim just remains static throughout his. She's more interesting.

I'd say neither wins overall. Eirika allows me to get earlier Gerik (and makes Tana easier to use as well), but Carcino's story relevance is questionable at best, and Eirika's version of chapter 18 makes me facepalm so fucking hard. Ephraim, while having more relevance to the story overall, also forces me to go through the game's more annoying maps, and the characters I get earlier are ones I don't particularly care for *coughDuesselhack*.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Eirikas route is more story driven. And has Joshua's tearful reunion

Ephriam has Seth critizing his every move and massive war

Both have their fun. Both should be played and honestly I feel Sacred Stones would have been more solid with an fe2 or Fe10 split party approach to it

I find Ephraim chapters very boring. So I always go Eirika Route. Hell, my hack concentrates on improving Eirika's Route.

Are you at some point gonna do Ephraims or do you want someone else to help with that.

Not sure. Gotta concentrate on making Eirika Route as good as possible first :P

Well the reason I asked is because I like Ephraims route more and I probably could make some interesting design changes to some of those fights.. Phantom Ship in particular

• 2 weeks later...

I like Eirika route the most, because the plot is explained better (imho) and you get Gerik earlier.

Oh, and I really dislike Father and Son. Dunno why. The only reason I would go Eph. route is early Cormag (<333), but that's it.

I prefer Eirika's route. I like her as a character more than I like Ephraim, and it just feels more natural to me for the storyline to follow Eirika as the main protagonist throughout the entire game

I don't think you can say that one of them has a more complete or relevant story than the other one does, though... each leaves out some content and covers some content that is relevant to the overall plot. I mean, I love seeing Joshua's backstory with Eirika, but I also like learning more about Grado's downfall with Ephraim. You have to play both to get the whole story, that's just how it is.

I usually tell new people that Eirika's route is a better one to play first, but maybe that's just because I did it that way and can't really imagine it otherwise, haha.