Fire Emblem 4 Map Insertion Problem

MartyTheDemonSlayer

I've been dabbling in some Fire Emblem Four hacking, but have had trouble with using the FE4 map program to insert a custom map. Whenever I insert a map to take the place of the prologue's normal map, instead of the modified map appearing there's just a mess of random tiles and the game crashes shortly afterwards. Before inserting my map, I did use encofe4 to compress the map file, which was saved as .bin originally.

post-10350-0-06542900-1389166306_thumb.png

These are the settings I had on the insert menu. I'm guessing that my issue has to do with these, since I couldn't find documentation anywhere regarding what each field meant. Also, in terms of original size and the other size, I"m not sure why they're different because all I did was take the prologue map and change a few blocks around. I'd be very thankful if someone could explain to me what the fields in the insertion window mean and why the map insertion failed.

Thanks in advance.

Yo, I've seen the screenshot and I think I know the predicament. You're trying to insert an unencoded map, which is always about 2000 in size. The encoder should produce a new file, something like map001.bin. This is the one you want to insert, give that a try. You generally don't want to insert anything bigger than the original map size, things get icky if you do. As for the other values, you don't really need to worry about them, stuff like Palette should be obvious, but the other ones don't mean much unless you're trying to do something silly.