On ChinaFE forum...

edza90

I went there and I used chrome automatical translation to at least get some hints and I had some interesting - grammar-less - readings and I found out they have interesting Nightmare 2013 updated modules and lot's of here-unknown rom hacks

Should I try to link those via 2uploader and other easy to share links?
I risked a lot going toward those sites that have very deceiving chinese-language pop-ups to download such files...

Ps: They even hack FE10 and have a full chinese translation of it :0

PPS: I found out that they use dedicated editors for THRACIA 776!

Edited by edza90

There is this link full of applications and hacks... but it's chinese... anybody get a clue?!
+ The first catalogue "FE chinese babble" are dedicated editors, maybe some kind of real-time editors"
+ "SFC" 1 has tools like Ipswin, SFC 2 has scripts of unknown nature to me
+ "Chinese babble ROM" has already modded roms, I think, for thracia 776 and another FE

http://asvel.ys168.com/

Edited by edza90

Just going by the link in the second post the folders go

- FE-specific Tools

- Universal SFC Tools pt 1

- Universal SFC Tools pt 2

- Patches

- Other

- Unknown (Please leave a message if someone knows what it means, thank you) <-- direct translation, not I can't translate

- Modified ROM

- Data

- Self-Defined Menu <-- I'm not sure what this one does

under FE-specific Tools the 4 folders go

- Universal for all three games (referring the the 3 folders below)

- 776 is obviously Thracia

- Mystery of the Emblem

- Geneology of the Holy War

under Universal

- Image Compression

under Thracia

- FE5 Compression Tool

- Nightmare FE5 (English)

- Not sure what the one with the windows symbol does. Seems like some kind of patch but I don't do Romhacking so wouldn't know.

- Fire Emblem Thracia Editor v2.0 Final version

- Thracia 776 Editor ver 1.5

- 776 Save Editor for SNES 9x

- FE Thracia 776 Save Editor (might cause textual glitching)

under Mystery of the Emblem

- Mystery of the Emblem ROM editor

- Mystery of the Emblem ROM editor (Traditional Chinese)

- Nightmare FE3 (English)

under Geneology

- I'm not quite sure what this one does. Translated literally it means "Less intelligent special ability editor" but I've never seen the first two characters used like that and special ability is written in a way that doesn't make it sound like skills. I don't know what they call things in the Chinese community, though. Could be skills.

-Geneology of the Holy War Editor V4.3

-Nightmare FE4 (English)

-FE4 Map Editor

-Geneology Save Editor (might cause texual glitches)

-Geneology of the Holy War Editor.

Not bothering to translate the others because it's a lot of stuff, but seems like its a bunch of different editors for the snes FEs under the FE section. Not really sure what each one of them does specifically, though, other than Nightmare.

The modules for nightmare are in need of tons of edits and I might actually do that sometime. I have a mental list of the 100 or so things in FE7 that I've noticed, plus a general terminology update (Dragon Lord to Wyvern Lord in the modules??) and some other stuff.

What makes these chinese editors so special? We'd have to retranslate them back into english anyway so unless they've added something truly significant...

• 4 weeks later...

I am familiar with Chinese so I think maybe I can be helpful to some degree.

The word "ZhiShao" is just a name,so don't bother with it.

The site you posted contains lots of tools,patches,tutorials and even roms(nobody are concerned with the copyright in China) which is associated with hacking for SFC.However,I bet that they are useless for you so don't waste your time on them.In fact,the site is Asvel's cloud storage but I don't think himself is definitely know the usage of each of them.

Most of the hack patches are in Japanese so you cannot enjoy it unless you are familiar with Japanese.There are lots of tools but many of them are in the same function and they only help you to do some work on text,image and so on.In fact,if you need to use them,just make one by yourself in C\C++ or others and that's more efficient.What's more,the tutorials in the 8th folder are associated with the assembly language which is used on SFC-----85816.

To conclude,the site is only a collection of lots of stuff in Chinese,Japanese and English.As far as I am concerned,most of them are useless.Of course,maybe you can find some thing which is valuable to you,who knows?

Edited by laqieer