Is Nowi a Divine Dragon?

RJWalker

In the end of the future past part 3 DLC, Nah become the voice of the divine dragon if that means anything. Seeing as manaketes are so rare in fire emblem: awakening and so much time passed, maybe Nowi is just like a small part divine dragon mixed with other.

Come to think of it, we've never seen what happens when manaketes from different tribes mate.

The closest we got is with a Red Dragon Laguz having the child of a Black Dragon Laguz in RD. Even then its never stated what type of Laguz, their child is.

Come to think of it, we've never seen what happens when manaketes from different tribes mate.

The closest we got is with a Red Dragon Laguz having the child of a Black Dragon Laguz in RD. Even then its never stated what type of Laguz, their child is.

But Ena herself is already the child of a White Dragon unless her Grandmother is a dragon of another tribes. But either way she is closely related to members of both tribes.

Edit:

In Akaneia, it's kinda a moot point anyway, since dragons are infertile in that setting.

Edited by BrightBow

The FE12 script says they couldn't bear children. Whether it means that all of them became infertile or a significantly large portion of them did, I don't know. Because if everyone became infertile, then the tribe members would have listened to their elders unquestionably. Probably.

...I thought it was just they had difficulty reproducing? (Dragons in FE6/7 have the same issue IIRC)

Here is the relevant part of the script of FE3 (chapter 12) we have at the site:

Chaney:

But, from nowhere, the day of ruin came.

First they could not give birth anymore and then they lost their minds, becoming wild beasts that destroyed everything in their path.

The elders said the dragon tribe was reaching its last days.

We had no choice, except to abandon our identities as dragons and live on as humans.

And here the one from the FE12 translation:

Xane:

But suddenly, outta nowhere, their day of destruction came. At first, they couldn't bear children. Then they began to lose their minds, goin' berserk one after the next. The elders warned that the end of dragons as a species was approachin'. There was no longer any way to prevent it. However, there was one way they could survive: to discard their identities as dragons and live on as humans.

I'm not sure how else to interpret that.

Also, where was it stated that the dragons in Elbe had trouble reproducing? As far as I remember, it was merely stated that the humans multiplied so fast that the dragons couldn't keep up.

Edited by BrightBow

The FE12 script says they couldn't bear children. Whether it means that all of them became infertile or a significantly large portion of them did, I don't know. Because if everyone became infertile, then the tribe members would have listened to their elders unquestionably. Probably.

Obviously since we've got Manakete having children in Awakening, while Morgan may just be an enigma [and a blasted hole in MU/Tiki], it can't be all of them.

Likely it only applies to those that didn't shift to well... being Manakete, which makes sense since doing that changed other things about them.

... In turn, this could pose a point that to keep Manakete alive as a species, the tribes started breeding with other tribes, which'd result in a new more homogenized type of Manakete-- which, mostly there you go for Nowi.

Obviously since we've got Manakete having children in Awakening, while Morgan may just be an enigma [and a blasted hole in MU/Tiki], it can't be all of them.

Likely it only applies to those that didn't shift to well... being Manakete, which makes sense since doing that changed other things about them.

... In turn, this could pose a point that to keep Manakete alive as a species, the tribes started breeding with other tribes, which'd result in a new more homogenized type of Manakete-- which, mostly there you go for Nowi.

In that case, the Divine Dragon Blood must be dominant considering Nowi displays no obvious traits of the other tribes. The Firebreath is just an odd addition by the localization.

I kinda assumed that most members or a significant portion became infertile. Mannu is mentioned in some translations of the chapter opening is mentioned to be believed to be "Descended from the Dragonkin."

But Ena herself is already the child of a White Dragon unless her Grandmother is a dragon of another tribes. But either way she is closely related to members of both tribes.

Edit:

In Akaneia, it's kinda a moot point anyway, since dragons are infertile in that setting.

I forgot Nasir for a sec, and I believe he's her biological father. I'd guess her mother was probably a Red Dragon.

I forgot Nasir for a sec, and I believe he's her biological father. I'd guess her mother was probably a Red Dragon.

No, he is her grandfather.

PoR: Chapter 27-2

Ike: I'm not worried about it. I just want you to talk to me. What's the connection between you and Ena?

Nasir: Ena...is my only granddaughter.

Hence we technically don't know if any of her parents are white dragons.

Edited by BrightBow

No, he is her grandfather.

PoR: Chapter 27-2

Ike: I'm not worried about it. I just want you to talk to me. What's the connection between you and Ena?

Nasir: Ena...is my only granddaughter.

Hence we technically don't know if any of her parents are white dragons.

Maybe Nasir married a Red Dragon and one of his kids was a Red Dragon. Or alternatively one of Nasir's kids married a Red Dragon.

Leanne and Naesala's ending indicates that the offspring of two different Laguz Tribes is either one or the other rather then a hybrid.

In that case, the Divine Dragon Blood must be dominant considering Nowi displays no obvious traits of the other tribes. The Firebreath is just an odd addition by the localization.

It's present in the Japanese version, unless all of the prerelease fantranslated supports are straight up wrong. ...Ask Rey to clarify though. [i know Nowi/Ricken has the firebreath mentioned early. Nowi/Donnel has it a bit later, but it's there as well.]

It's present in the Japanese version, unless all of the prerelease fantranslated supports are straight up wrong. ...Ask Rey to clarify though. [i know Nowi/Ricken has the firebreath mentioned early. Nowi/Donnel has it a bit later, but it's there as well.]

The Japanese comic for Awakening described her breath as Cold and slushy, the english translator for it says the Fire Breath was just something added by the localizers. This would make sense as the breath of the Dragons in Awakening in this is anything but firey, resembling Shards of ice which break into bubbles.

Personally, I'm a little confused right now myself about it now.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

The Japanese comic for Awakening described her breath as Cold and slushy, the English translator for it says the Fire Breath was just something added by the localizers.

AV53M4U.png

火を噴いちゃったから…

"Fire"

Weird, its referred to as Ice in the official Awakening comic.

EDIT: Source

All the more reason to say "Don't think about it too hard".

I really just tend to ignore the details and say "Awakening is good if you just look at it at face value. Attempting to deconstruct everything to make sense to every Fire Emblem is basically gonna kill the fun of it".

All the more reason to say "Don't think about it too hard".

I really just tend to ignore the details and say "Awakening is good if you just look at it at face value. Attempting to deconstruct everything to make sense to every Fire Emblem is basically gonna kill the fun of it".

Yeah, it seems like the game wasn't trying to be super consistent with the plot.

I'll just pretend that Nowi has a Firestone which she only fools around with in supports rather then bringing it onfield.

Adding one model/animation isn't that difficult if you already have the equipment and talent to do so.

Yes. Tell that to an already rushed team.

Deadlines kill people in corporate situations. Especially the Japanese corporate environment.

Take a look at Project M models and animation standards and say that.

Considering the atmosphere of IntSys during the development of their supposed last Fire Emblem game, they probably cut a lot of corners (and feet) to get this game out into the market.

That being said, I'm going with the theory that Manaketes had to breed with other species in order to survive as a race. Therein lies the confusion, doesn't Tiki state that Nowi is a pureblood Manakete in her supports with Nah? Does it say that in the Japanese version?

Edited by Drgnquester

Considering the atmosphere of IntSys during the development of their supposed last Fire Emblem game, they probably cut a lot of corners (and feet) to get this game out into the market.

That being said, I'm going with the theory that Manaketes had to breed with other species in order to survive as a race. Therein lies the confusion, doesn't Tiki state that Nowi is a pureblood Manakete in her supports with Nah? Does it say that in the Japanese version?

Seems the same in the japanese version, ya. "Up until now there were only pureblooded Manakete"

Yes. Tell that to an already rushed team.

Deadlines kill people in corporate situations. Especially the Japanese corporate environment.

Take a look at Project M models and animation standards and say that.

Oh indeed. Look no further than various Sonic games. Sonic 2's among the worst offenders, where there were a LOT of cut levels.

Hell, it took until 2013 for Hidden Palace to make its official S2 debut when its last appearance was in the Simon Wai prototype. And prior to that, the Nick Arcade prototype (Which is SUPER early on) has Hidden Palace at the same level of completion as the Simon Wai one.

tl;dr deadlines are a killer.