• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

I AM STILL THE KING OF SCRUBS

BY HALF A LIFE BAR

AT LEAST IT WAS CLOSE

wait, how many rounds for you two?

3v3 FT5

Edited by TheYukianesa

(also I feel like I should clarify my intentions because I think they might not be getting across...)

I don't care who's wrong or who's right in this. I slightly care about what's right since this topic has piqued my interest~

But what I'm mostly caring about is that it looked like Hattu was trying to counter Shock's picture with an unrelated point, which is why I'm trying to clarify to myself whether that point related or not. And I'm trying to counter with something that I think relates (that hello has been used before the telephone in Tom Sawyer, though it never did specify which definition of "hello" was used in it... now I feel as if I'm obligated to go search up which meaning of "hello" was used in that book)

So pretty much what I'm caring about is "disprove it better" ^o^

That's kind of stretching it... what I've looked up says that they spelled it different because the americans(/Thomas Edison) pronounced it different, so they started spelling it like that. Not saying whether that's right or not, but I'm just saying why that argument proves nothing~

I have to say I don't really care who's wrong or right either. I care about what's right - that's my perfectionism.

My original point was that the word hello was not invented for use in phone conversations; after all, it originated from a cry to urge on huntig dogs.

However, you have aptly noted that this was not the word itself, but rather the words it originated from.

Since hello and the telephone were invented around the same time, it's hard to say which came first.

The phone appears to have had a great impact on the word indeed, but the notion that it was invented for phone conversations is to me still uncredible.

You do rightfully point out that my counterargument was lacking, though.

Then it's still a chicken and egg question.

Did Americans first start spelling it hello or did they first start pronouncing it like that in phone conversations?

Since the word hallo was already in use, it is only natural that the sound changed first, then the spelling followed.

But I do not believe that there is a relation between the invention of the telephone and the changes from British to American pronunciation.

There is one thing that may explain it, but I'm afraid the sourcing is a bit lacking.

According to this one source the first hello was actually a hullo, which was misheard over the phone.

This could explain it.

Edited by Hattusili I

the one BB parody i remember is this one that uses BB visuals with the audio of Girlchan

i liked it

I know the one that you're talking about, I love it.