Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

Because, again, the systems aren't the problem. It's the people who badly do their jobs when manning them.

nah, the systems are very much the problem

a system where a single person can do whatever they want and the population as a whole can't remove them is a problem by definition. Any of them. Monarchy, Communism, Fascism, any dictatorship.

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Fire emblem taught me monarchy is good.

Fantasy land where people turns into dragons.

-

I guess Canada will get rid of the monarchy after Elizabeth II dies.

Edited by Naughx

nah, the systems are very much the problem

a system where a single person can do whatever they want and the population as a whole can't remove them is a problem by definition. Any of them. Monarchy, Communism, Fascism, any dictatorship.

But what happens when said person in charge is benevolent?

wtf, did I wander into serious discussion?

nah

SD would just get deeper into some weird belief of monarchies good with weird facts that involve eating babies

and then things get heated and then everyone points and laughs and remembers why SD is bad

Fantasy land where people turns into dragons.

Don't you know people should take fantasies to real life?

because you know

taking something with the definition of "the faculty or activity of imagining things, especially things that are impossible or improbable." totally means you should apply it to irl

But what happens when said person in charge is benevolent?

Then it's the person's merit rather than the system's. And even then, no one is perfect, everyone is corruptible. A government that is fantastic in one occasion can be terrible on another. On monarchy you don't have the option to remove the person no matter how bad they are and that's bad, the system by itself is flawed. Democracy might be flawed, but it's by far the best system. On monarchy you have to rely on the monarch being good, and being good until they die. On democracy you can keep someone whenever they're good and then kick them out when they go bad, and that's the beauty of it and just why it beats every thing else.

Edited by Nobody

Gameplay doesn't have to be perfect, just good enough, it has to get the job done for the story I'm here for.

Exceptions are included, but that's neither here not there.

Edited by Soledai

Also, if you abolish the monarchy, you don't have to turn into a republic.

You can keep the Governor General (Ceremonial role) as the head of state and still keep the bicameral parliamentary democracy.

Edited by Naughx

Also, if you abolish the monarchy, you don't have to turn into a republic.

You can keep the Governor General (Ceremonial role) as the head of state and still keep the bicameral parliamentary democracy.

The monarchy we're talking about is obviously absolute monarchy, rather than fake symbolic monarchy, though, which is what the UK, Canada and a bunch of countries have.

The monarchy we're talking about is obviously absolute monarchy, rather than fake symbolic monarchy, though, which is what the UK, Canada and a bunch of countries have.

Well it is true that our governor general is our defacto head of state. :P

-

Well if you are talking about absolute monarchy you have Saudi Arabia as an example.

But I doubt Blah really supports absolute monarchies... Because none of them are succesful on the human rights front.

There are examples of good constitutional monarchies. (Netherlands, Sweden, UK, Japan...)

Edited by Naughx

Gameplay doesn't have to be perfect, just good enough, it has to get the job done for the story I'm here for.

Exceptions are included, but that's neither here not there.

gameplay can be stellar in some places

but if it's a drag just to get deeper into the game because the story is too dull, that's kind of a bad sign

Doesn't make it any less valid, though. But again, it lies more on people being prepared to handle the system well.

I agree

but all of the things i want to say nobody already said in the idea of monarchy vs democracy