Record Snow Storm in North Carolina! (Possibly)

Anacybele

Schools are closed here, stores are closed, and you can barely see the roads.

We're supposed to get half a foot of snow and the weather says this storm might very well be a new record in NC. It's really bad outside right now. My stepdad cleaned off the top of our outdoor canopy not an hour ago and the snow already piled back up on it.

Anyone else in the state, prepare yourself for possible power outages. If I disappear from the net for awhile, this is most likely why.

We're probably gonna get hit with something in Pennsylvania as well (I live around Pittsburgh). Crap, all my snow shoveling today will go to waste.... XP

SL, I'm from Pittsburgh! :D We totally need to hang out next time I'm there. :3

SL, I'm from Pittsburgh! :D We totally need to hang out next time I'm there. :3

Haha, maybe. Then I could get your Street pass team too. ^_^

So much for a relatively mild winter so far....I think this is the first major storm around here.

What exactly do you mean by "the north"?I live in south central PA, and we've been getting almost nonstop snowfall.

Well, here in North Carolina, we haven't been getting nonstop snow. How can you even call me crazy for saying I want more snow, when we live in totally different places and you're experiencing more extreme weather than I am?

Obviously I meant Ilia, come on guys.

Edited by GabrielKnight

Yeah.. I live up in VA and we are completely covered in huge blankets of snow, everyone was urged to get home by around 2:00 pm on the news yesterday and now its snowing AGAIN. Hopefully we won't get any power outages.

I hate dealing with snow and possible ice.

Then again we have the hardware to clean that white shit up in no time.

Exactly. Unlike Canada, the south doesn't normally get weather like this, so we're not used to it. So they don't NEED to have all those winter vehicles lying around. They'd just almost never be used.

It's just like how New Jersey and New York were bombarded by Hurricane Sandy last year, though that was still a worse disaster. Up there, they very rarely even get category 1 hurricanes, much less category 4 storms like Sandy.

Edited by Anacybele

• 2 weeks later...