Since GBA Virtual Consoles are going to be release for Wii U, what you think about BB, FE (no subtitle), and TSS in the future?

King Marth 64

Since the Nintendo Direct trailer from today around February 13th, 2014 that they mentioned that the Game Boy Advance Virtual Console titles are going to be released to the Wii U are coming to Spring of April 2014. (but, not they haven't mentioned them for the Nintendo 3DS yet since we do know about the 10 Ambassador Program games along with The Sacred Stones that were released in December 2011.) But, I kinda wondered what the three FE GBA titles (Binding Blade [probably just be Japan only like the other past FE titles like Shadow Dragons and Blade of Light and to Thracia 776], Fire Emblem (no subtitle), and The Sacred Stones) might going to be released to the Wii U in the future since Iwata mentioned that there is going to be more titles announced in April?

Edited by King Marth 64

Binding Blade will likely be Japan only, since none of the other Japan-only FEs made it overseas in previous VCs.

Although, didn't Ninty release a previously Japan-only Earthbound game to other parts of the world?

Sacred Stones at the minimum (since it's already been put through the ambassador program way back when). FE7 would also likely sell well, so I'd bet on at least those two. An FE6 translation? A guy can dream, can't he?

Binding Blade will likely be Japan only, since none of the other Japan-only FEs made it overseas in previous VCs.

Although, didn't Ninty release a previously Japan-only Earthbound game to other parts of the world?

EB was released in the US, are you thinking of how it got a EU VC release? Either way, it already had a translation.

Binding Blade is unlikely outside of Japan, and I doubt they would translate or localize it without remaking it.

Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones have a good chance, especially the latter due to its prior Ambassador release.

As awesome as FE6 over here would be (bias here) it probably won't happan (of course we can all team up and write angry fan letters to NoA about it, but that wouldn't be very nice, now would it?)

FE7 and 8... well, both are awesome, but I can already just use my GCN to play FE7 on a large screen, though I would probably get FE8. Then I can share Lyon's glory with my sister without going through the discomfort of trying to look at the 3DS screen at the same time!

> Announces Wii U VC for GBA games

> Can emulate my games that I own on portable systems

Come on, Nintendo.

$$$$$$$

They don't do it for convenience, they do it for MONEY.

There are many people who buy games on the virtual console (I'd buy every fire emblem game released on the 3ds virtual console, even though play them for free on my phone, which is always by my side, unlike the 3ds).

Edited by Nobody

$$$$$$$

They don't do it for convenience, they do it for MONEY.

There are many people who buy games on the virtual console (I'd buy every fire emblem game released on the 3ds virtual console, even though play them for free on my phone, which is always by my side, unlike the 3ds).

I would too... 3DS, not Wii U.

Kind of pointless for a portable game to be completely stuck to a console when the portable system now can fully emulate it. We know that from the ambassador program.

Yeah, the fact that they're putting the GBA/DS games on the Wii U and not the 3DS is baffling to me.

Anyway, Binding Blade will not happen on non-Japanese VC, since Nintendo likes to put in as little effort as possible for VC games.