Twitch Plays Pokemon thread

Nobody

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Democracy's biggest issue against effectiveness is start9

fixed

but seriously, the lag at worst would mean progress is slowed. Actual harm like the mass release can't happen unless people want it to.

Edited by Baldrick

The chat spam that occurs in this event is so intense that it sets that it tends to crash the chat client for EVERY STREAM ON THE WEBSITE, including its own chat.

If only they got rid of Democracy, then the spam could be cut in half... it's a win-win, really.

This answer is incorrect.

The correct answer was "there is a stupid arrow at the top right that is nearly impossible to see that must be clicked to unhide the chat that is improperly hidden by default on the shitty new layout that they snuck in since the last time used Twitch.TV, which as you all know was just fine when it was justin.tv".

also wtf does start9 do

Edited by Izayoi

Oh right, I've been confused about something.

Why would anyone ever vote with anything less than [action]9 ? Seems like a silly thing to have.

fixed

but seriously, the lag at worst would mean progress is slowed. Actual harm like the mass release can't happen unless people want it to.

It's more of what's on the screen is about 20 seconds lag from input so people kept on typing what should be done on screen when they really should be typing in the next step

so you get shit like too many as or downs or whatever

slowly

Edited by Thor Odinson

It's more of what's on the screen is about 20 seconds lag from input so people kept on typing what should be done on screen when they really should be typing in the next step

so you get shit like too many as or downs or whatever

slowly

Yeah, if there was no lag, or if it was like, only 5 seconds, then I'm sure they would have beaten the game by now. People complain about "trolls" but what makes red walk the wrong way/ delete pokemon is the commands they wrote seconds before.

Edited by Nobody

I doubt it 'cuz most people don't want to be in democracy longer than having to do something really precise (or hell, at all)

So they'd probably be closer to finishing but it's still more fun to dick around in anarchy most of the time

There are a force trying to sabotage though

but they're too weak anyway like it was 5 down2a2s vs 50 inputs of things that actually trying to get shit done even if it doesn't always work

Edited by Thor Odinson

Yeah, if there was no lag, or if it was like, only 5 seconds, then I'm sure they would have beaten the game by now. People complain about "trolls" but what make red walk the other way/ delete pokemon is the commands they wrote seconds before.

Or, they would have released everything, instead of accidentally letting things survive.

"Instead of shooting where I was, you should have shot where I was going to be."

Predicting where we'll be in 1 second is easier than predicting where we'll be in 20 seconds.

(Up, down, left, left, down, right, up, up, right, left, right, down, down, down, down, left, right, up, left...)

Edited by Naughx

All it would take is one person in charge and careful thought (and test running with a normal ROM) as to what you want to do. The leader posts his plan (a4, down, a, down3, a2, etc...) and at 20-second intervals people move on to voting for the next step in the sequence.

Then again, I'm a stodgy old man who likes to take the fun out of everything.

First, overnight was huge, as after getting Anarchy Jesus on our team, we traversed Mt Moon, and evolved the Fonz to his rightful throne as The NidoKing.

Macho Man Rhyhorn Savage has been released, as well as a few other Safarimon, but that was the final sacrifice, as the Lord Helix has been reborn into out hands! The Keeper is now in the PC, guarding the rest of our devoted followers.

I repeat, our lord Helix has been reborn onto Kanto, and holds us in his living arms as we carry him around the world in our party!