Fire Emblem 4 Binary: Pairings

cloudropis

Having a lot of fun so far with it, but I really need to reconsider my pairings, in the vanilla game I usually go with the suggested ones in the site because it gives pursuit to everyone who can, but now it's not a priority, so..

Aideen x Midayle or Jamka

Pursuit is not so important now and Jamka passes better weapons (IIRC everything Midayle can pass but a Killer Bow instead of a Iron Bow) and stats. Also, easier to pair thanks to similar movement. But won't the awful skill really drag Lester down? And is not passing Pursuit such a good choice after all?

Claude x Sylvia, that's a given.

Azel x Tiltyu, same thing.

Levin x Fury, ditto.

Ayra x Holyn or... Dew?

Now that Faval can't Ichival everything at the get go, I can actually consider giving Dew to someone else. Great stats, and Sol can activate with Astra now right? It's pretty good. BUT, Holyn can use axes and Ulster too, so he can pass a lot of goodies and another useful Sword Skill, and I think Luna can be even more useful than Sol. Also, Dew doesn't gift Ayra no Lolcounter Sword with a conversation.

.. I'm even considering Noish because he's turning out really nice and the Critical Skill would be cool with Ulster and Larcei's skill. Again, I'd prefer Ulster to use axes.

Lachesis x Beowolf or Lex

Now this is hard. I really want to pair poor Lex to someone this time, he can pass all them axes to Delmud and make him a Lex 2.0, and IIRC there is a promotion path that fixes his speed problems a bit. Plus Elite for everyone! .. But I don't think Nanna would really benefit by such a pairing. Like her mother she isn't a primary healer after promoting and in that case really likes Lex, and I can still pass her a magic ring.

Beowolf is really easy to pair, gives Delmud a good chunk of weapons anyway and the great Beo Sword, plus more balanced sons.

Briggid x ... Someone pls help

First thing first, Fin goes unpaired so he's out. Dew gives Bargain and Sol but, again, Bargain is less useful because Ichival comes later. Beowulf gives balanced stats and Beo sword which is very useful for Patty while Delmud has a lot of other choices, plus Charge is always good for archers. Holyn is not bad at all, and Dew is still really good.

So that's it.. I'd really like some advice here guys. I think the better thing would be:

Aideen x Jamka

Ayra x Holyn

Lachesis x Lex

Briggid x Beowulf

Ayra really bugs me, I'd really like to give Ulster axes from the get go, but I'd really like to try Noish or Dew too, unfortunately I don't know how much is Gen2 difficult and if a not optimal pairing would screw me over, especially on key units like Ayra's kids... And I wouldn't know whom to give Holyn to, aaargh this is hard.

I actually went for JamkaxAideen in Binary, the lack of pursuit doesn't really make a difference and the addition of Continue is pretty nice. The mages do pretty fine, Levin!Corple is pretty hilarious. Ayra works with anyone, Noish worked out pretty well despite the lack of speed on Skasaha's part. Binary's not exactly ultra difficult, there's some degree of flexibility with regards to pairings.

I'll go with Jamke then.

I'm really gravitating towards Ayra x Holyn just because she even gets the Brave Sword, but it's the same thing I did in my Vanilla PT. In case I wanted to go with Noish or Dew, who's the better one? Noish can get Axes on promotion IIRC, so he can pass something to Ulster, I just realized this. Since many bosses will have Nihil and skills won't count, I think the choice is moderate growths + axes inheritance VS good growths?

• 1 month later...

Inheritence can only get you so far. This also applies in Binary.

As you said, Nihil is common, so keep this in mind if you want to have a boss killer in your ranks.

I've actually heard Ayra x Arden was pretty good. In general, Ayra can't have a bad husband uless he's a magic user.

Azel x Lachesis is great , since high STR is a given with Hezul blood, and this will give Nanna enough magic to be a decent healer.

Having a lot of fun so far with it, but I really need to reconsider my pairings, in the vanilla game I usually go with the suggested ones in the site because it gives pursuit to everyone who can, but now it's not a priority, so..

Aideen x Midayle or Jamka

Pursuit is not so important now and Jamka passes better weapons (IIRC everything Midayle can pass but a Killer Bow instead of a Iron Bow) and stats. Also, easier to pair thanks to similar movement. But won't the awful skill really drag Lester down? And is not passing Pursuit such a good choice after all?

Claude x Sylvia, that's a given.

Azel x Tiltyu, same thing.

Levin x Fury, ditto.

Ayra x Holyn or... Dew?

Now that Faval can't Ichival everything at the get go, I can actually consider giving Dew to someone else. Great stats, and Sol can activate with Astra now right? It's pretty good. BUT, Holyn can use axes and Ulster too, so he can pass a lot of goodies and another useful Sword Skill, and I think Luna can be even more useful than Sol. Also, Dew doesn't gift Ayra no Lolcounter Sword with a conversation.

.. I'm even considering Noish because he's turning out really nice and the Critical Skill would be cool with Ulster and Larcei's skill. Again, I'd prefer Ulster to use axes.

Lachesis x Beowolf or Lex

Now this is hard. I really want to pair poor Lex to someone this time, he can pass all them axes to Delmud and make him a Lex 2.0, and IIRC there is a promotion path that fixes his speed problems a bit. Plus Elite for everyone! .. But I don't think Nanna would really benefit by such a pairing. Like her mother she isn't a primary healer after promoting and in that case really likes Lex, and I can still pass her a magic ring.

Beowolf is really easy to pair, gives Delmud a good chunk of weapons anyway and the great Beo Sword, plus more balanced sons.

Briggid x ... Someone pls help

First thing first, Fin goes unpaired so he's out. Dew gives Bargain and Sol but, again, Bargain is less useful because Ichival comes later. Beowulf gives balanced stats and Beo sword which is very useful for Patty while Delmud has a lot of other choices, plus Charge is always good for archers. Holyn is not bad at all, and Dew is still really good.

So that's it.. I'd really like some advice here guys. I think the better thing would be:

Aideen x Jamka

Ayra x Holyn

Lachesis x Lex

Briggid x Beowulf

Ayra really bugs me, I'd really like to give Ulster axes from the get go, but I'd really like to try Noish or Dew too, unfortunately I don't know how much is Gen2 difficult and if a not optimal pairing would screw me over, especially on key units like Ayra's kids... And I wouldn't know whom to give Holyn to, aaargh this is hard.

About the SylviaxClaude pairing, go with Laylea and Corple as the extra 10% hit is needed on hard bosses like Ishtar(Final) and

Julius. Since even with all three Charms Nanna, Laylea, Delmudd by your attacker, Julia, she would have no more than a 55% chance to hit him with the Narga. Seliph can't kill him in the hack, because he's too beefed up.

Briggid's only good pairing is with Holyn (Only way that Patty can be any good as she needs the Luna skill and for better Def and Skill) that you can pair Ayra with Zechs for Paragon and minor Neir for better HP and Def. I would prefer Raquesis to Alec for Nihil, but sacrificing some Str for better Mag and Luck may not be worth it for Nihil, but he gives both of the children Pursuit. But...it's best for her to either be paired with Azel or Beowulf. Azel to provide both Delmudd and Nanna with better Mag and Str. Both will have Pursuit, Nanna can heal better, combat better with Elemental swords and Delmudd can do great with Elemental swords. Aideen's is fine, of course.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Raquesis

http://www.serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Genealogy_of_the_Holy_War_Pairing_Guide/Lachesis#Azel

Here is suggestions that wiki and Serenes have for Raquesis.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Tailto

Tilti

So...

AideenxJamke/Midayle

AyraxZechs

SylviaxNone

RaquesisxBeowolf/Azel

FuryxLewyn

BriggidxHolyn

TiltixAzel

Edited by Dark_Huntress