FE: Awakening... in french?

Hello I would like to ask if all FE: Awakening copies can be played in english, french, german, etc.

My own copy is in english with possible japanese dub for the voices, I have tried switching my 3ds's language to french, but the game's language remained japanese.

If it indeed is possible for any Awakening games to be switched to french, then I would like to know how ^^.

The reason for this is because I have a little brother who would very much like to play the game but he doesnt understand english.

i'm not familiar with the state of French-language game distributions in Canada, but if you ordered the NTSC version - especially if it's from the English-speaking part of Canada - there's no French language on the cart whatsoever. you'll need a PAL version of the game and a PAL 3DS console if you want to play it in French

if you're not sure, the easiest way to tell is whether or not this or this is your boxart; the former is NTSC, the latter is PAL

Edited by bookofholsety

Most games here aren't translated in French, though you really should ask the clerk if there's a French version available.

I know the Generation 5 Pokémon games had a French version and it could clearly be seen on the box cover since even the color was in French.

Fire Emblem not being that popular, I really wouldn't be surprised if there were no French versions available for North America. You'd need a European 3DS with a copy from France, Belgium or Switzerland that offers the game in French.

Edited by Woodshooter

I do remember someone playing a french text FE: Awakening on Youtube set to Japanese voices... But I can't find it anymore.

That... or my memory just sucks.

Edit:

Not the one I was talking about, but I think the PAL version of it does have French text:

Edited by shadowofchaos

Fire Emblem not being that popular, I really wouldn't be surprised if there were no French versions available for North America. You'd need a European 3DS with a copy from France, Belgium or Switzerland that offers the game in French.

any PAL copy will do, not specifically ones from France; i own the Australian release and can freely switch between the other five European languages with no problem

i'm not familiar with the state of French-language game distributions in Canada, but if you ordered the NTSC version - especially if it's from the English-speaking part of Canada - there's no French language on the cart whatsoever. you'll need a PAL version of the game and a PAL 3DS console if you want to play it in French

if you're not sure, the easiest way to tell is whether or not this or this is your boxart; the former is NTSC, the latter is PAL

My boxart has english and french stuff written on it (i.e.: on the bottom, its written "Playable in 2D and 3D. 3D mode for ages 7+. See back." and below that, the same thing is written in french),

But the T for teen on the bottom left of the front of my boxart resembles the one on the cover of the first link (black 'T' on white background), so I suppose it's NTSC...

any PAL copy will do, not specifically ones from France; i own the Australian release and can freely switch between the other five European languages with no problem

That's interesting enough.

My boxart has english and french stuff written on it (i.e.: on the bottom, its written "Playable in 2D and 3D. 3D mode for ages 7+. See back." and below that, the same thing is written in french),

But the T for teen on the bottom left of the front of my boxart resembles the one on the cover of the first link (black 'T' on white background), so I suppose it's NTSC...

Translating a whole storyline based game compared to translating a box for information doesn't quite compare in terms of time and effort. Most games have done that for quite some time.

Edited by Woodshooter