Help with making a VGC Pokemon Tournament team?

Silver Lightning

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I have:

Gardevoir: LuxSpes

Talonflame: Assurhaddon

Garchomp: FruitNinja (sadly Fruity Insanity did not fit)

Rotom-W: Comet

Still missing Smogon'sLawnMower and Miikaya to choose between Kangaskhan and Ferrothorn.

I'm totally gonna have the best nicknamed team in the tournament. :B):

And I certainly wouldn't mind the help, but I'm not sure if I can expect people to whip up specific teams in such short notice, and anyways I'll be away from my computer and general internet even more starting tomorrow and the following days until much later hours (EST here).

I can play right now on Showdown if you're free; if you're busy right now, no worries.

I noticed in an earlier post that you were concerned about Smeargle + Mega Kanga leading together, but I think your team can handle it by leading with Talonflame and Garchomp, having both use Protect on turn 1 (for Dark Void and Fake Out), and subsequently dogpiling Smeargle on turn 2 with Brave Bird and Earthquake edit: and having Garchomp use EQ on turn 1 while having Talonflame use Protect (previous suggestion was riskier since it neglected the possibility of Smeargle using Protect on turn 2). It won't matter whether Smeargle has a Choice Scarf or a Focus Sash if you approach it this way. Most likely, Talonflame will be KOed on turn 2 by MKanga, but it's a fair trade since Garchomp and Ferrothorn can handle a weakened MKanga.

Edited by Miikaya

I can play right now on Showdown if you're free; if you're busy right now, no worries.

I noticed in an earlier post that you were concerned about Smeargle + Mega Kanga leading together, but I think your team can handle it by leading with Talonflame and Garchomp, having both use Protect on turn 1 (for Dark Void and Fake Out), and subsequently dogpiling Smeargle on turn 2 with Brave Bird and Earthquake edit: and having Garchomp use EQ on turn 1 while having Talonflame use Protect (previous suggestion was riskier since it neglected the possibility of Smeargle using Protect on turn 2). It won't matter whether Smeargle has a Choice Scarf or a Focus Sash if you approach it this way. Most likely, Talonflame will be KOed on turn 2 by MKanga, but it's a fair trade since Garchomp and Ferrothorn can handle a weakened MKanga.

Sounds like a good plan, especially since that Lum berry on Garchomp will be useful. Sorry I couldn't practice with you; been so busy and tired these past several days...

Well, tournament starts today, so wish me luck! I'll give a status report tonight saying if I managed to get my eight badges for the E4 tomorrow. And I'll probably save all of my fights as battle videos for review later, so you can look forward to those.

Changed FruitNinja to Fruit Ninja as per your request Fruity; and Ferrothorn was named Lawnmower, with Mega Kanga as Miikaya (if you have no objections, of course).

Thanks again for all the help; I'll see how well I do today! :D