FE2 Soldiers unable to use Ranged Lances?

weso12

Not sure this deserves its own topic but according the notes on this page on Fire Emblem Wiki (not the most accurate site I know) Soldiers in FE2 are unable to use ranged lance none of Serenes forests FE2 pages makes mention of this as far as I can tell and I feel this might be worth mentions in the Javelins descriptions on the lance page if this is true.

Would anybody be willing to test this (apparently Javelins are only found of Cecilia's past and the fastest way to get a soldier on her past would be promoting Atlas into one)

I've played FE2 and it was a while ago but I'm pretty sure soldiers can use ranged lances. The javelin may only be available on Celica's route but items can be moved between the two teams

I've played FE2 and it was a while ago but I'm pretty sure soldiers can use ranged lances. The javelin may only be available on Celica's route but items can be moved between the two teams

Can you check just to make sure, and if you can post a screen shot of a Soldier using a Javelin that would be great