Be honest. How much do you grind on Lunatic/Lunatic+?

PuffPuff

58 members have voted

1. 1. How much

• 3 DLC rounds every 8 Chapters
    • None
    • To your hearts content
    • Once after every chapter

*flips hair*

Of course.

Lethality. I've forgot that they don't have Dragonskin. But...pair that with Luna and it should be good as Lethality alone isn't good due to it's very low activation rate!

Several reasons why I chose Lethality over Luna:

-I can't grind for skills on DLC and have to actually stick with any class I want a skill from for a long time due to Lunatic exp issues.

-Luna comes in a class that's very slow, Lethality comes in a class that's very fast. Against the Lunatic RIsen, doubling is extremely important, and until I get reliable self-healing (I prefer Renewal) I need to dodge every hit that I can. One thing I may not have mentioned is that I didn't just trash a lot of Risen, I trashed every single pack that spawned- If I get fliers on Cht.8, tough beans, so it's not like I can just avoid the fast ones. It also helps that Pass was a skill that saw a lot of use on me.

-Lethality still greatly outdamages Luna early on, especially against GKs with 40+ Def and since I don't care about reliability I can manipulate for a hit or two. Without LB/Pairup/Rally/Braves Luna's activation rate isn't actually that reliable either though.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does Lunatic 'cheat'? Granted, it's earlygame is pretty nasty - but you can't grind for that outside of water trick anyway - but beyond that, it's not exactly doing anything unfair. Enemies are strong, and have good skills. Lunatic+ I can possibly see it possibly as an argument, since it can easily throw essentially impossible combinations (i.e. incredibly luck dependent) at you repeatedly, but Lunatic isn't really anything but a tough but fair difficulty (again beyond earlygame).

Personally, I prefer to play without feeling pair up is a necessity (which I can't help but feel isn't feasible in Lunatic mode without grinding). But that's just me.

Several reasons why I chose Lethality over Luna:

-I can't grind for skills on DLC and have to actually stick with any class I want a skill from for a long time due to Lunatic exp issues.

-Luna comes in a class that's very slow, Lethality comes in a class that's very fast. Against the Lunatic RIsen, doubling is extremely important, and until I get reliable self-healing (I prefer Renewal) I need to dodge every hit that I can. One thing I may not have mentioned is that I didn't just trash a lot of Risen, I trashed every single pack that spawned- If I get fliers on Cht.8, tough beans, so it's not like I can just avoid the fast ones. It also helps that Pass was a skill that saw a lot of use on me.

-Lethality still greatly outdamages Luna early on, especially against GKs with 40+ Def and since I don't care about reliability I can manipulate for a hit or two. Without LB/Pairup/Rally/Braves Luna's activation rate isn't actually that reliable either though.

Huh... I understand where you're coming from, even if I think that the Assassin's skills are, well... It's in the class name.

I grind heavily becuase i like having supports on maps asap. Also Donny early game as a Merc is like the best unit for a couple of chapters to me. Feels good crushing my enemies so quickly. I might try a Hard Mode grindless run but after i finish the support log and after i finish my optimal runs. I have seen no grind runs are possible but the pain it produces... I dont think im steeled enough for that.

Lunatic - grind to heart's content usually, but have done a run with no reclassing and no outrealms used, just bonus box up to large bullion, barracks boosts and supports etc.

Lunatic + - grind to heart's content and gnash my teeth whenever a Risen army appear at a shop I need to buy items from before I get access to the Outrealms. That 3% crit not being actually 3% due to gamble urghhh

Yeah I know I'm definitely not the biggest FE buff out there, kudos to everyone who can play like a champ and stomp this game in Lunatic and above :)

Lunatic - grind to heart's content usually, but have done a run with no reclassing and no outrealms used, just bonus box up to large bullion, barracks boosts and supports etc.

Lunatic + - grind to heart's content and gnash my teeth whenever a Risen army appear at a shop I need to buy items from before I get access to the Outrealms. That 3% crit not being actually 3% due to gamble urghhh

Yeah I know I'm definitely not the biggest FE buff out there, kudos to everyone who can play like a champ and stomp this game in Lunatic and above :)

The combat preview accounts for Gamble. Yeah, a baseline CRT of 3, due to having 6 SKL with Gamble is really 13, but, on the Combat Preview and in-combat stats will account for that.

Wrath is the tricky skill that can fake you out by activating mid combat.

In Lunatic+ as soon as that gate opens I grind for gold, then hire my old MU Sorcerer (cause its unkillable) to get me some limit breakers. Its not because I need to grind as much as I want to. I like to make a devastatingly powerful army of einherjar and then do nothing with them except beat Rogues and Redeemers 3 faster! Yup! I Grind to so I can grind faster! Then I sometimes grind my actual units for the campaign but only max out a few "safety units." Also, gotta grab as many weapons from Infinite Regalia as possible because I get sick of getting damaged ones.

I have far too much patience and free time, I'm on chapter 14 and have over 70 hours. :lol:

On my one and only Lunatic run, methods weren't important - all I had to do was finish it. If I ever revisit that mode, I'll probably attempt minimal/no grind (assuming my Avatar doesn't completely and utterly fail).