Mario Kart 8

kingddd

Usually in online games when they have cosmetic DLCs updates, the patches include the cosmetics itself so the models and everything are all added into the game and into your system. They do this so it will display in online matches. However you just won't have access to them. Same thing happened with Street Fighter IV and Sonic And All Stars Racing Transformed. Your game will download the cosmetics, DLC etc but you just won't have access to the content itself.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense.

Also, I'm really wanting to do an all Mercedes SF tournament race (so everyone has to use one of the 3 Mercedes Karts) on one of the weekends for the fun of it.

Ooh, that sounds pretty fun. Assuming the stats are the same; I'll be using that Mach 8 reskin.

I'm quite curious as to which characters I've used the most often as well, since I always try to avoid overusing one character all the time in any game with a big roster.

:awesome:

Edited by Gaia

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey lordofhomer, if you don't mind me asking, how come you changed your mind about maxing out your VR in Mario Kart 8?

tbh i just got a little mad during the last SF-tournament, so I decided to take a little break from MK8 to calm down a bit. I will return to my goal of maxing out sooner or later though.

also congratulation for maxing out at 9999.

NoA released a trailer (although it's literally the same exact one). Now that I take an even closer look at this trailer, aren't those tires new?

NoA released a trailer (although it's literally the same exact one). Now that I take an even closer look at this trailer, aren't those tires new?

Seems like it. Kind of funny looking really.

Next DLC better be General Motor cars. Its specialty is to always make your car spin out on start up.

Got this game as a prize at an arcade, woohoo!

Still getting used to the controls, especially with the bikes, but enjoying it so far. My problem for now is that it feels slower and boosts don't seem to have as much impact, but I'll get used to it.

Still getting used to the controls, especially with the bikes, but enjoying it so far. My problem for now is that it feels slower and boosts don't seem to have as much impact, but I'll get used to it.

congrats on getting the game. What cc are you playing on right now? Yes they did slightly make the level 1 boosts much smaller and 150cc isn't as fast but it was a design choice to make the races more closer together but level 2 boosts are buffed quite significantly so those ones will impact the race the most.

Lucky find! The game is pretty gr8, and there's always the tournament!

Congrats Red Fox!

What's your favorite track?

yeah join the serenes forest tourney on the weekends, its always better with more people and hopefully it helps me not get last place so much lol

I thought I got last place the most. lol

But yeah, Red Fox, you ought to join us in the tourney sometime! ^^

Congrats Red Fox!

What's your favorite track?

In every Mario Kart game (except 64) my favorite track is Rainbow Road.

But aside from that, probably the disco one.

I'll consider joining a tourney once I'm a bit more attuned to the game and I have better access to the Wii U (the situation right now isn't too favorable for me).

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

no rainbow road is bad never pick it ever, besides electrodome is way better than it :) (i assume that is the disco one you are referring to)

Metal bad taste confirmed.

no rainbow road is bad never pick it ever, besides electrodome is way better than it :) (i assume that is the disco one you are referring to)

Yeah, that's the one.

Also just realized earlier that the N64 Rainbow Road was brought back, but made way better in this game (it's hella boring in the original).

I just wish it was two laps and you could pull the insane shortcut like in 64

I personally would not. That's defeating the original track designs from the developers and all the efforts to create the track's beauty would just be wasted. We really do not need another repeat of Maka Wuhu's incident in Mario Kart 7.

Edited by kingddd