i'm good at super smash brothers project melee

Inui

It does warm the cockles of me heart to see Melee still being not just played, but attended, for what little that's worth

Also: very impressed at how long-aways P:M has come since I first heard of it, where I somehow got the impression that the creators were more making it out of spite than a loving, creative drive

Somewhere in the vicinity of a hundred bucks? for a tournament with a few dozen people and a sub-$10 entry charge, I'm guessing

Yeah like $130

Sorry if that was just intended to be funny but I've partially lost the ability to think of competitive video games as a joke

Edited by Rehab

I am an absolute pro at smash!
I can L-cancel into a wavedash to setup a planking maneuver while punishing an approaching opponent by chain-grabbing their disjointed hitboxes.

Oh look. It's Inui again. Bragging about how good he is at SSB.

It's hard to be good at something well enough to win a tournament of it against a bunch of other people who are similarly obsessed. Let the man boy brag.

I somehow got the impression that the creators were more making it out of spite than a loving, creative drive

Wouldn't bother me either way since I feel like Brawl turned SSB into Mario Party (and Mario Party turned itself into garbage).

Sorry if that was just intended to be funny but I've partially lost the ability to think of competitive video games as a joke

Despite my first response, I believe that winning money for playing video games is pretty stupid and if you're gonna pay people to do it anyway then I should be funded for all the damn games I destroy at.

I am an absolute pro at smash!

I can L-cancel into a wavedash to setup a planking maneuver while punishing an approaching opponent by chain-grabbing their disjointed hitboxes.

That's, liek, basic Maylay.

Despite my first response, I believe that winning money for playing video games is pretty stupid and if you're gonna pay people to do it anyway then I should be funded for all the damn games I destroy at.

Well, it isn't.

It's actually a sport, you know.

Winning hasn't (ESPECIALLY, money), has never been one of my priorities. However, now I realize it's amazing to win some nice buckies doing a hobbie you like, about once a month. Of course, fun doesn't have to leave the apartment, but it gets set aside a bit.