What's up with Sothe?

Sothe will gain more experience points for fighting when you are further into the game. Because he is promoted and many enemies in Part I are not, Sothe will grow very little during during the early stages of the game. He will, however, catch up later in the game should you choose to use him frequently enough.

Edit (10.02.2008):

Metal Rabbit posted before I posted but after I loaded this page.

Actually, Sothe isn't a Jeigan, he's an Oyifae or however you spell it.

Jeigan-Units that start good and steal EXP from your weaker units, but end up terrible due to bad Growth Rates.

Oyifae-Same as above except they have good growth rates and become good.

Both Jeigans and Oyifaes are pre-promotes.

Also, Oyifae is actually just a sub-division of the Jeigan archetype.

if u dont want him to steal exp from other units needing it, buy him a bronze knife and dagger cuz they dont critical and they're weak. use those to weaken enemies for others to kill cuz Sothe will only get like 1 exp less just for weakening

• 5 months later...
joke topic? or do you NAWT understand the function of a Jeigan?

anyway, its more because you get less EXP on normal than easy. jyou shouldnt have to worry about leveling him unitl part 3 and 4.

I fully agree

A better analogy, since (I presume, based on your first post) you beat PoR, would be to compare Sothe in Radiant Dawn to Titania in Path of Radiance.

They both get decent experience early on in Easy mode, but on Normal mode they get very little experience. I think Titania got about 4 experience points for a kill in chapter 1 in PoR, but my memory may be faulty.

What I do is take away his weapons and have him tank. (Of course my Sothe comes into the game capped at everything cept STR, Speed, and Def due to action replay fun stuff in Por.) Then I have him steal stuff for 10 Exp, and people attack him all the time cause he has no weapon equipped. He only gets to level 3 by the endgame of part one, but that's good enough for what he did. And he doesn't steal kills and such.

Sothe should come in with capped defense if you transferred like that. Strength, speed, and skill are what wouldn't be capped.

Right. I meant skill. I knew that didn't sound right.

So he came in with capped everything cept speed, skill, and Str.

I always laugh when he promotes and loses 5 points in luck.