One Shot Chapters and Mini Campaigns

Jotari

Would you like to see something like Akaneia Saga return? Imagine a download service where you download a modified version of Awakening's game engine and play a unique DLC every month, different from the Awakening DLCs by giving you a new team each chapter and fleshing out scenes from across the series. Imagine playing as Greil escaping Daein or Elbert's first encounter with Nergal. Of course there is plenty of fodder with all the legendary heroes from the backstory too. Would you support this idea and do you have any particular events you would like to playthrough but have been limited due to gameplay?

I actualy like that idea. Lots of stuff in FE4 was glossed over due to the large scale (ie: what exactly happened in the yied shrine)

If there were campaigns you could buy for hella cheap on like the eShop, that would be hella cool. Especially if they use various FE cast members in them. Fire Emblem Mini: Eliwood's Ride To Bern or Fire Emblem Mini: The Radiant Hero (which would be a 5 chapter mini campaign featuring Priam) all independent from say, Awakening. SHIT YEAH SIGN ME UP!

I actualy like that idea. Lots of stuff in FE4 was glossed over due to the large scale (ie: what exactly happened in the yied shrine)

Hell the entire campaign in Isaac is glossed over. FE4 is the game where the protagonist isn't involved with huge war that breaks the peace. He's accidentally conquering half the world on the other side of the continent. I can't even remember if Prince Kurth even appears in the game due to all the stuff involving him happening away from Sigurd. FE4 would be a gold mine for this idea (and just imagine a reality where it happened and the translated mini campaigns were a gateway to an official release).

I'd love it, as long as the bits you can buy are self-contained enough that not buying a sidestory wouldn't be overtly detrimental to one's enjoyment of a main story. Though I guess that's kinda subjective..

Basically, it'd be nice if something like it could do its best to avoid making me wonder whether I'm being nickeled&dimed. Not sure exactly how it could be sure to do that, off the top of my head, though.

Edited by Rehab

I'd love it, as long as the bits you can buy are self-contained enough that not buying a sidestory wouldn't be overtly detrimental to one's enjoyment of a main story. Though I guess that's kinda subjective..

Basically, it'd be nice if something like it could do its best to avoid making me wonder whether I'm being nickeled&dimed. Not sure exactly how it could be sure to do that, off the top of my head, though.

The idea that I'm kind of going with are side stories to the preexisting games. So not buying the side story wouldn't detract from the games since they were fully completed games made years ago. It would only serve to enhance the lure and enjoyment without being necessary to even play the original game.

Another thing I would like to ask, if this were to happen, would you like to see one universal gameplay system that takes standards from all Fire Emblem games, or would you like to see the gameplay formula of the older games emmulated for the mini campagins. That is to say playing the gameboy versions you wouldn't have skills or playing the Geoalogy of Holy War versions would have set weapon ranks etc.

I can't even remember if Prince Kurth even appears in the game due to all the stuff involving him happening away from Sigurd.

His sprite is shown in the opening cutscene. That's it. He appears in the manga though.

Am I allowed to bump this? I'd love to hear more people's opinions on it Particularly ideas for what we could see. Already I've decided to replay FE4 because of this topic.

Edited by Jotari

It's less than a month old, so I think it's alright.

Story-wise it could provide some interesting character development and interactions. Gameplay-issue it could allow for some precise and clever chapter design with your unit's stats and equipment being fixed, but in terms of interesting objectives, enemy formation and behaviour it doesn't offer anything a full campaign can't do.

• 2 weeks later...