NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Look out, NFC! The South finally has a repeat champion! GO PANTHERS!! :D I'd say they're better than their record says too. That defense! I think the defense scored more points than the offense today, damn! Cam Newton is still Super Cam though, the way he was running around and avoiding sacks.

Steelers need to follow suit and win the AFC North! Then I want my Steelers/Panthers Super Bowl! Steelers' killer B offense vs Panthers' vicious roaring defense!

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the Panthers are actually very good. They're on a winning streak but Bucs, Saints, Browns, Falcons is not very impressive. They might be able to beat Arizona round 1 especially if Drew Stanton is out, but it's hard to consider them a serious contender.

Didn't you pick the Falcons to win though? The Falcons previously did not lose to any other NFC South teams. And I'd say that the Panthers defense limiting not only Julio Jones, but also Mr. Kick Return Record Devin Hester as well is pretty good.

Steelers vs Bengals starts soon! Come on Steelers, complete my night with a win, sweep, and division title all in one package! :D

Edited by Anacybele

Peh Cards are still in the playoffs and Lindley did better this game but damn it we lost to the 49'ers

And the Rams didn't avenge us against the Hawks who once again show their lack of discipline by having millions of penalties yet they still do good.

with the playoff teams decided, here's the 2015 NFL Draft order so far, for those interested: #SuckForTheDuck #LoseATonForWinston

1. Tampa Bay
2. Tennessee
3. Jacksonville
4. Oakland
5. Washington
6. New York Jets
7. Chicago
8. Atlanta
9. New York Giants
10. St. Louis
11. Minnesota
12. Cleveland
13. New Orleans
14. Miami
15. San Francisco
16. Houston
17. Kansas City
18. San Diego
19. Cleveland (via Buffalo)
20. Philadelphia

AB came up huge with that punt return TD, but then Pouncey had to get stupid and make the worst snap I ever saw on this team and the game is only tied at this point.

Come on, where is that Killer B offense?! Brice McCain even made a pick for you guys and you couldn't do crap with it (because of the bad snap).

If the Bengals go into half time with the lead or even a tie game right now, we're in trouble. AB has the second most single-season catches in NFL history though, go AB. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

I was at San Francisco during the game.

Man even through radio fuck Frank Reich...

1st and goal...you pass against the 2nd best pass defense and not run against the 28th run defense. wtf questionable playcalling.

But I'll give him credit, you're on a 5th string center, 3rd string guard, No Mathews, Woodhead or Allen today.

STEELERS ARE AFC NORTH CHAMPS!! WOOOO!! They also swept the Bengals. :awesome:

Way to hang on after Bell got slammed! I'm glad these guys won, they had to do it for Bell after all he did for this team to help get them this far. They had to return the huge favor and the guys came through! Even Dri Archer didn't look that bad. And Josh Harris had a huge run that was unfortunately negated, but the guy has the potential to be a good backup. We Steeler fans just need to pray for Bell, because we might need him next week.

Although, funny thing now: the Ravens got swept by the Bengals who got swept by the Steelers. lol

And speaking of which, you're paying us another visit, Ravens! Prepare for a challenge, because the Steelers won't take losing Bell lightly! He's our MVP and they're gonna fight for him!

Also, AB is the man! AB! AB! AB! If Bell isn't there, we can count on him to save us!

Edited by Anacybele

All right WIld Card round picks...

Arizona at Carolina- I think the Cardinals defense can put up a pretty dominating performance against a still questionable Panthers offense. Cardinals odds are better with Stanton obviously. Although Lindley was actually fine this week so maybe it doesn't matter.

Baltimore at Pittsburgh- Steelers seem to be the hotter team coming in, particularly on offense.

Cincinnati at Indianapolis- Not trusting the Bengals in a playoff game, Colts seem to have a good matchup based on their meeting this year.

Detroit at Dallas- Lions came into Week 17 with a top ranked run defense, but the Packers showed it might not be as strong as it looks. Lions have struggled on the road against winning teams (although Cowboys have been worse at home oddly enough).

Edited by -Cynthia-

Tbh I wanted to go against the Steelers.

Perhaps I should never let my mom watch football.

Whenever she watches we lose.

Hilariously enough against the 49ers for the first half she was watching then when she went to work they got the comeback victory.

Anyways next season is going to be great hopefully we cut Donald Brown and restructure Donald Butler's contract.

It's the most wonderful day of the year. With much pink slip giving, and everyone telling you go home and drink beeeeeer! It's the most wonderful day of the year.

Anyways early firings are Tresman, Smith, Ryan, Harbaugh, Emory, Idzek. And I guess you can kinda count Dennis Allen he was fired months ago though.

I swear to god Emory was fired simply because he signed cutler to that stupid contract.

People who should still be fired IMO:

The "Great" and shitty whiz.

Rick smith.

Josh McDaniels.

Does Tony Sparano count?

Jay Gruden.

Jon Gruden. (idec)

The Cleveland browns QB coach.

Tom "how old is this guy" Coughlin. (Retirement instead of firing IMO. He's like 72 or some shit like that.)

Rodger Goddel.

All right WIld Card round picks...

Arizona at Carolina- I think the Cardinals defense can put up a pretty dominating performance against a still questionable Panthers offense. Cardinals odds are better with Stanton obviously. Although Lindley was actually fine this week so maybe it doesn't matter.

Baltimore at Pittsburgh- Steelers seem to be the hotter team coming in, particularly on offense.

Cincinnati at Indianapolis- Not trusting the Bengals in a playoff game, Colts seem to have a good matchup based on their meeting this year.

Detroit at Dallas- Lions came into Week 17 with a top ranked run defense, but the Packers showed it might not be as strong as it looks. Lions have struggled on the road against winning teams (although Cowboys have been worse at home oddly enough).

Good picks, but didn't someone say earlier that Ryan Lindley is terrible? I think I'd trust Cam Newton and his squad to get it done better if Cam keeps running around, Jonathan Stewart keeps having good games, and Kelvin Benjamin starts being early season Kelvin Benjamin again. Greg Olsen is also a very reliable TE, the guy's going to the Pro Bowl. The Benjamin thing is up in the air though, admittedly.

Also, Pittsburgh has some new motivation to win if Bell can't play, as I said... So that should fire them up. I hope.

Still, I hope to the football gods that Bell didn't tear an ACL or something. I will hate Reggie Nelson forever if this is the case. Because that was a VERY ugly hit and it very well could've been intentional. We saw a similar hit on Ben by the Chiefs, though it wasn't nearly as bad, thankfully, and it wasn't called either, stupid refs. And a Chief clearly tried to trip Ben and mess up his knee.

If you people can't deal with our offense the fair way and have to try to hurt our players to win, you just aren't good enough! DEAL WITH IT AND MOVE ON. Intentionally trying to hurt our players will not make you look any better! Gods, first I had to deal with that stupidhead Vontaze Burfict trying to hurt Panthers players, now this.

Also, yes, I'm aware that not long after Bell's hit, Mike Mitchell leveled AJ Green. Whether that was on purpose or not, I don't know either. But a replay did show that Mitchell was trying to go in shoulder first and likely didn't mean to knock the guy out. But I suppose if the Bengals intentionally took our star player out, they have to pay with their own star player getting hurt. I'm fine with that.

On another topic, wow, a lot of coach firing going on right now. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Ana there was nothing illegal about that hit. It's completely allowed. The reason why you tackle low isn't to injure a player it's because it disturbs the runners balance and if you do not feel like taking them high will work hit them low. And for the record all running backs and offensive lineman make the same fucking hit every game. It's called a cut block. So if leveon bell can go for a defensive line and knees and blow them out well pass protecting why is it suddenly wrong for him to be tackled at the knees.

I'm not saying a low hit is illegal. It's the WAY Nelson made that hit. He led with his helmet to seemingly pop Bell's knee. He's lucky he didn't break the guy's leg doing that. And Bell was fucking frightened while laying on that cart on the sideline! You can hit low and still bring a guy down without hurting him so bad like that. Dri Archer had the better idea of doing it, only he missed. >.>

As for the hit on Ben, a Chief actually stuck his leg out in an attempt to trip him and I KNOW that is illegal. The commentators even said it should've been called.

Edited by Anacybele

That's how defensive players are trained to make that play. You place your shoulder about 1.75 - 3 inches below the knee then drive up through the knee and bring him down. It has a serious risk of injury but sometimes it's the hit you have to make. It's the same thing with shoelace tackles, defensive players are trained to make a tackle in such a way that there is a high risk of injuring the other players ankle. It's not easy to tackle somebody high, and if you have to close the distance like Nelson did its gonna be a low shot.

And the point of rules in the NFL is to lower the players' risk of injury. So why is a hit like that legal if there's a high risk of injury?

Ask Brian Cushing, he's had three consecutive seasons ended by cut blocks tearing his ACL. It's a part of the game. I got no other explanation for it.

Oh. Huh... I guess there really isn't anything to be done.

Mike Tomlin said there didn't appear to be any structural damage in Bell's knee though, so we may have just dodged yet another bullet.

Alright so Black Monday updates!

Rex Ryan - OUT

Marc Trestman - OUT

Mike Smith - OUT

Phil Emery (Bears GM) - OUT

Jim Harbaugh - OUT

John Idzik (Jets GM) - OUT

I guess that's it.

Fun Fact: Not only is Geno Smith the only QB to finish the year with a 0.0 rating game, he's also the only QB to finish the year with a 158.3 passer rating game. Shit.

I'm gonna do a whole write-up on each playoff team, no match-up analysis, just a summary of their season. Should be up before Wednesday.

Edited by Lord Raven