Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

My assumption is that Crystal elements were implemented into HG/SS because they didn't conflict with anything, while Emerald elements largely conflicted with things from the original Ruby/Sapphire.

When I traded something for a Ditto, I got a shiny Ditto, lol.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but the Mirage Tower and Desert Underpass didn't conflict with anything. And Juan still could've had a cameo appearance at the least.

The Desert Underpass could've made Ditto catchable in these games and a second Hoenn fossil available...

Edited by Anacybele

I never saw any hints of him there. If there were, they weren't obvious. xP

Eusine didn't have any importance in the original Gold/Silver. He didn't even exist in those games, in fact. Yet he does in HGSS. And Game Freak didn't mind having Jasmine make a cameo appearance in Sinnoh. A Juan cameo in ORAS would be easy. Besides, some people, like me, liked Juan way more than Wallace.

So, I got a Lucky Egg! The only way to get one of these in ORAS without trading is to Thief one off of a wild Pellipper or Happiny. I got one from a Pelipper in just a few encounters. :D And wild Pelipper have only a 5% chance of holding one, I think.

Edited by Anacybele

And Game Freak didn't mind having Jasmine make a cameo appearance in Sinnoh. A Juan cameo in ORAS would be easy. Besides, some people, like me, liked Juan way more than Wallace.

i'm sorry that game freak doesn't care about those people?

Well, they sure care about Looker fans seeing as they've had him show up in every game except for HGSS since his debut. Or maybe he was in HGSS, I just never found him there?

Seriously, if they could let Jasmine randomly appear in Sinnoh, having Juan show up in Hoenn again just for one little cameo appearance shouldn't be hard at all. He could've been at the Battle Resort or a contest opponent (seeing as he used to be a coordinator).

Edited by Anacybele

If they'd implemented Emerald elements like they did Crystal in HG/SS, I'm sure Juan would have shown up like Eusine did. But they didn't and they chose to not have Juan appear. Sorry for his fans, but at the end of the day, he was just a minor character only implemented to fill an empty space (Eusine, on the other hand, actually had his own sub-plot).

Scott's not here, either, which is really a much bigger loss (since he owns the Battle Frontier). Sometimes, shit happens.

Tbh, that's exactly the sort of stuff that makes me think that, as a remake, HGSS was better than ORAS. GSC were my least favorite games in the series (while RSE were my favorite) and HGSS just improved them in every way they could. ORAS felt like a "5 steps forward 3 steps back", though, specially when compared to emerald. I felt like, while they added a lot, they also took many things from it.

I really like the game, but i feel like i'd have liked it better if it was literally emerald with the new mechanics of the last three gens (and the updated graphics, of course)

Edited by Nobody

I think the only things they really missed are the trainer hill and battle frontier. They really couldn't implement Emerald's plot elements into Ruby/Sapphire, and as much as I love Emerald, I think it was better that they remade Ruby and Sapphire as they did rather than trying to mesh all three together in some weird way.

It's just that the Emerald elements that don't conflict with the original games have no reason to be left out.

Juan is hinted in part of Wallace's dialogue I believe

I'm not sure though

Where did Wallace mentioned about Juan in the game?

By the way, I just defeated Wattson in Omega Ruby and just evolved my Shiny Beldum to a Shiny Metang.

Edited by Ichigo Kurosaki

Imo Flygon deserved a Mega over scrubs like Beedrill and Pidgeot SHOTS FIRED

The only complaints I have are that both Dusknoir and Milotic don't have a Mega form while their counterparts did get a Mega.

He and Milotic both did.

Also I feel like Dusknoir can be excused from getting a Mega because Dusclops got Dusknoir in Gen 4 so it broke being a counterpart back then and I guess Mega Banette was compensation.

Which is also how I felt about Jynx and Electabuzz/Magmar back in Gen 4, since they felt like a trio but Jynx never got a third evolution, though more and more I do realize she wasn't a true trio with them due to being dual typed. Hopefully she gets a Mega as they get back around to Kanto pokemon. Lapras, maybe Exeggcutor, Butterfree now that Beedril has one, and I'd say probably Raichu, Arbok and maybe Magnezone are really the only other Gen 1 I could see getting a mega though I do suppose Magnezone is gen 4.

I hope Slowking gets one too, since I'd like to see it due to Slowbro

I was surprised there was no MEGA PIKACHU tbh

At the end of Delta Episode, Steven says he wants to go on a journey to improve his knowledge and stuff, which kind of felt like foreshadowing some future thing where Wallace replaces him as Champion and Steven goes off to do stuff.

At the end of Delta Episode, Steven says he wants to go on a journey to improve his knowledge and stuff, which kind of felt like foreshadowing some future thing where Wallace replaces him as Champion and Steven goes off to do stuff.

No, that was a VERY blatant reference as to what happens in Emerald.

Oh, right, I see stuff about Flygon. Flygon is a badass, and while a Mega evolution would've been cool, I'm perfectly happy with the level-up changes it got instead.

I was surprised there was no MEGA PIKACHU tbh

light ball

No, that was a VERY blatant reference as to what happens in Emerald.

well yes, but I saw it as also a hint that something might be released where that happens (after all we're speculating that the Battle Frontier is getting released later on as DLC aren't we?)

ORAS feels like it's a bit more than just a remake. Like it's its own standalone game within the canon of the current Pokemon universe, and it feels to me like the chances of sequel have never been higher for a "remake."

ORAS feels like it's a bit more than just a remake. Like it's its own standalone game within the canon of the current Pokemon universe, and it feels to me like the chances of sequel have never been higher for a "remake."

It does give off a bit of a sequel-y vibe. But that's because they've refined so much of the series and added new stuff, and made Crunch actually make sense

I am pretty happy with the mega selection in the Oras games. I felt it was more to give weaker pokemon a plan to catch up, instead of the majority of choices being decided about which pokemon was popular. Now Pokemon like Beedril, Sharpedo, Altaria and Camerupt got mega evolutions which are pokemon that could really use the boost, instead of pokemon like Gengar, Alakazam, Scizor and Garchomp who where already very good.

A lot of people seem to want Flygon and normally I would agree with that, but at the moment I am kind of glad they made other choices. Dragon types just have way too many mega's at the moment. Dragons either get a mega or pokemon turn part dragon when they mega evolve, while other pokemon types have a much smaller selection of mega pokemon.

Okay, so I did find a nice use for the DexNav after all. Getting cool held items off Pokemon using Thief. :o

I didn't know the DexNav could show you the Pokemon's held item if it had one. I got another King's Rock and another Lucky Egg! I have my Kingdra holding a Lucky Egg now while the Anorith I'm training up is also holding one. Heh heh. I want to keep training them both and Kingdra is almost at the level where it learns Dragon Pulse.