Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's Last Resort for Lopunny? Fake Out something then start tearing ass with a 140 BP STAB move.

How often can you even use it?

Maybe once per battle? You'd need to be left with 0 PP in all moves, except Fake Out with 1 PP and Last Resort with 5 or whatever.

You can't use it in multiplayer battles either since you start with full PP.

I understood the move wrong. I think?

Hmm, having only two moves sounds kind of restricting. I guess you'd only fail against Rocks and Steels though.

Edited by VincentASM

Eh, High Jump Kick only has 10 less BP and can actually tag things SE if there's no good switch in/maximum overprediction let's switch a steel in on Return oh shi-

I'd say not worth, but it could be a gimmicky fourth slot since Mega Bunny really only /needs/ three of it's slots, and the last is usually an obscure 4x coverage move.

How often can you even use it?

Maybe once per battle? You'd need to be left with 0 PP in all moves, except Fake Out with 1 PP and Last Resort with 5 or whatever.

You can't use it in multiplayer battles either since you start with full PP.

I understood the move wrong. I think?

Hmm, having only two moves sounds kind of restricting. I guess you'd only fail against Rocks and Steels though.

And spooky ghosts

And spooky ghosts

No problem since Mega Lopunny has Scrappy : P

Hmm... trying to breed Feebas without external help. Been stuck at with a 4 IV pair for ages... C'mon RNG...

Edited by VincentASM

Yeah, I can't wait to use Mega Lopunny against the E4 when I go battle them again to get more starters afterward. ^^ Using a Normal/Fighting type against Phoebe's ghosts is gonna be fun. XD

Although, I gotta level up the whole team into the 70s, don't I? It's gonna take some time, but it'll happen. I want a Chimchar. damn it. :P

I think I'll nickname the bunny too! I'll get a female and name her Cottontail, like Peter Rabbit's sister. :3

Edited by Anacybele

Keldeo is a pony, not a lion. xP

The Gallade one is funny to me, because I actually think his Mega form somewhat looks like Astral from Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal. XD (which is fine with me because I love Astral. ^^)

Yeah, I can't wait to use Mega Lopunny against the E4 when I go battle them again to get more starters afterward. ^^ Using a Normal/Fighting type against Phoebe's ghosts is gonna be fun. XD

Although, I gotta level up the whole team into the 70s, don't I? It's gonna take some time, but it'll happen. I want a Chimchar. damn it. :P

I think I'll nickname the bunny too! I'll get a female and name her Cottontail, like Peter Rabbit's sister. :3

If you need a chimchar, I can trade one to you.

Thanks, but I don't need to trade when I can just get one from Birch by beating the E4 again (two more times, I think). :P

Edited by Anacybele

Thanks, but I don't need to trade when I can just get one from Birch by beating the E4 again (two more times, I think). :P

You can get gen 4 starters after beating the E4 round two. So you only need to beat them twice.

Keldeo is a pony, not a lion. xP

that's the joke. keldeo is one of the scariest special attackers in the metagame. i miss friendshipismagic terrakion

You can get gen 4 starters after beating the E4 round two. So you only need to beat them twice.

Really? I thought you got a gen 5 starter for the second win, and a gen 4 starter for the third. This is what I heard, anyway. But if I only have to win one more time, I'm not complaining. It just means I get my Chimchar sooner!

Really? I thought you got a gen 5 starter for the second win, and a gen 4 starter for the third. This is what I heard, anyway. But if I only have to win one more time, I'm not complaining. It just means I get my Chimchar sooner!

You don't get anything for a third win. You get a Johto starter after the first win, a Unova starter after the Delta episode, and a Sinnoh starter after the 2nd win.

Not to sound annoyed, but we've gone over before that this stuff can be easily looked up.

No problem since Mega Lopunny has Scrappy : P

To counter them rocks and steels, there's always fighting type moves

STAB Fighting moves to be exact

Edited by Mastergabe2000

I'm surprised Gallade is OU when his Mega doesn't have an overpowered ability to abuse.

It was decent as an alternative because it was the only other option for a fire type until Platinum.

If it was bad (read: if it was Magcargo), it wouldn't be decent, even if it was the only one.

okay I just saw this and you get gible with dragon rage and earthquake immediately, so he's actually really strong when you get him. He isn't even that much of a liability later on, and the payoff is more than worth it anyway.

Gible/Gabite/Garchomp don't learn EQ by level, so you have to waste TM on him. Most of his competitive learnset is TMs, egg and tutor moves. He doesn't really learn anything worthwhile by level up besides Dragon Claw.

Dragon Rage is good early on but it has only 10 PP. Impractical when training.

gible doesn't need anything other than earthquake and early dragon rage though, so all he needs to worry about is pp. i also have to wonder how giving somebody base 100 power STAB at level 17 is a "waste" of a tm. i can't think of anything better than that for the story. this just carries him through the game. he does have a little bit of trouble, but that's usually when he's only a few levels away from evolving and can easily carry his weight after he does.

oh nevermind you were only talking about gabite. yeah, he does fall behind a bit but it really isn't that bad and earthquake still carries him until evolution decently.

also gabite gets tms for whatever you might want

Edited by Comet

I managed to get the Mega Bracelet and a Latios in my team that I can might go back to the Petalburg Gym for the Latias event.

I even defeated Flannery and Winona that I even finally got my Shiny Metang evolved into a Shiny Metagross and I managed to teach my Omega Ruby event Keldeo with a HM Surf, got the Diancite with adding a Diancie in my team for Omega Ruby, and I also gave HM Fly to my Latios.

gible doesn't need anything other than earthquake and early dragon rage though, so all he needs to worry about is pp. i also have to wonder how giving somebody base 100 power STAB at level 17 is a "waste" of a tm. i can't think of anything better than that for the story. this just carries him through the game. he does have a little bit of trouble, but that's usually when he's only a few levels away from evolving and can easily carry his weight after he does.

oh nevermind you were only talking about gabite. yeah, he does fall behind a bit but it really isn't that bad and earthquake still carries him until evolution decently.

also gabite gets tms for whatever you might want

Oh well, I guess everyone has their preferences. I don't like spending TMs in the older games, so Garchomp is a bad Pokémon for me to use. Unless I have an Action Replay handy, then I'll use the multiplier code on TMs and give all my Pokémon uber moves. :P Especially in 4th gen, which was the best gen for TMs.

Though Earthquake isn't really a waste since you CAN get more of it, it's also quite expensive.

Oh well, I guess everyone has their preferences. I don't like spending TMs in the older games, so Garchomp is a bad Pokémon for me to use. Unless I have an Action Replay handy, then I'll use the multiplier code on TMs and give all my Pokémon uber moves. :P Especially in 4th gen, which was the best gen for TMs.

Though Earthquake isn't really a waste since you CAN get more of it, it's also quite expensive.

Or you could just say "I ain't keeping this save file!", use all your 3rd/4th Gen TMs and then send the Pokémon to another game so that you can reset your save and re-obtain the TMs.

That's what I'd do in the GBA games.

You don't get anything for a third win. You get a Johto starter after the first win, a Unova starter after the Delta episode, and a Sinnoh starter after the 2nd win.Not to sound annoyed, but we've gone over before that this stuff can be easily looked up.

That can't be correct, as I've completed the Delta Episode and I never got anymore starters at that point. I'm pretty sure you have to beat the league three times to get access to all available starters.

I also wasn't looking for any help, so I didn't think I needed to look anything up.

Edited by Anacybele

That can't be correct, as I've completed the Delta Episode and I never got anymore starters at that point. I'm pretty sure you have to beat the league three times to get access to all available starters.

I also wasn't looking for any help, so I didn't think I needed to look anything up.

Nah, it's most likely correct. I only beat the League twice and I got all three starters.

Did you at least get the Unova starters?

No, I've only gotten a Johto starter post-E3. And like I said, I completed the Delta Episode.

Have you tried going back to your house recently?

Maybe try flying back now, upstairs to your bedroom and then out again?

Well, it's up to you anyway, since you still need to beat the League at least once to get your Chimchar : P