I think we're gonna see:

Flygon

Swampert

Sceptile

Jynx

Sableye

Torkoal

Tropius

Vigoroth (lol, I wish--it evolves at gets too lazy to go mega)

Metagross

Kyogre

Groudon

And possibly some Gen Vs.

Would it really be that bad?

Well, Water is incredibly strong, same for Fairy. Milotic is fine as it is, but with Mega (=more stats) and Fairy in addition? I don't want to think about it.

IMO Mega evolutions should help weak pokemon (Kangaskhan, Charizard) instead of making strong even stronger (Milotic might be weaker than Garchomp or Blaziken, but surely isn't weak).

Well, Water is incredibly strong, same for Fairy. Milotic is fine as it is, but with Mega (=more stats) and Fairy in addition? I don't want to think about it.

IMO Mega evolutions should help weak pokemon (Kangaskhan, Charizard) instead of making strong even stronger (Milotic might be weaker than Garchomp or Blaziken, but surely isn't weak).

A defensive Water/Fairy is fine. It'll keep this hyper offensive metagame in check. Mega Venusaur counters it too.

Milotic is also D rank in Smogon's OU viability list so it has room for improvement.

Hoenn definitly had some of the best designs and some of the worst wtf castform.

Masquerain needs to mega into a Bug-Water again, such a unique typing only used by its pre-evolution.

Something like 70/60/82/110/92/100 with Speed boost, not good enough for speed boost to be broken but it's still good.

Edited by Hoenn

A defensive Water/Fairy is fine. It'll keep this hyper offensive metagame in check. Mega Venusaur counters it too.

Milotic is also D rank in Smogon's OU viability list so it has room for improvement.

Milotic isn't top OU material but it doesn't have to be (as OU is top xy%). It got it's uses in OU and below, I don't see need to buff it - after all it is usable almost everywhere. I'd rather like to see mega evolutions for stuff like Tropius or Arbok.

Edited by Assurhaddon

• 2 weeks later...

Mega Flygon

Bug/Dragon

Tinted Lens (moves that are not very effective do double damage), does wonders for neutral coverage here.

Mega Altaria

Dragon/Fairy

Fur Coat (doubles defense in battle), beastly tank with Cotton Guard and Roost access. It can already learn Moonblast anyway.

Mega Sceptile

Grass/Fighting

No Guard (all attacks land without missing), works with Grasswhistle and Focus Blast.

Mega Swampert

Water/Ground

Intimidate? Maybe Technician with access to Avalanche and Bulldoze.

I'm pretty sure the only Pokémon that will get Mega Evolutions in the remakes is Lati@s.

Flygon is overrated as fuck (I used one in Black 2, it really isn't that good), but, considering how popular it is, I'm surprised it didn't get a Mega.

Flygon isn't really overrated.

I really like the idea of Grass/Fighting Mega Sceptile with No Guard. Specially offensive with a STAB Focus Blast that never misses is pretty damn cool, as well as STAB Leaf Storm or Energy Ball to make use of, too. Then perhaps utilize Grasswhistle, set up a Swords Dance or two, then wail away on your opponent with STAB Leaf Blade/Brick Break.

Edited by ZeeEmm