WORLD CUP 2014

Parrhesia

I don't get the joke either but hey.

Anyways, I take them players being emotional and whatnot after this 7-1 defeat then what happened in 2006. We had an awesome squad on paper, with quite literally the BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD at that point, but no focus at all. We were humiliated by goddamn Zidane, but I don't recall the players feeling nearly as much.

Our 94' team also did revolve around one player. He was a badass tho, and we had one important thing: A COACH. So at least we managed to work around Romario way better.

I can say that this BR squad's villain was Felipão. The failure (if you can call it that, I think reaching the semis is FINE, considering all things) happened not because we had shit players, as Thiago Silva, David Luiz and Neymar were doing a nice WC, but we had NO TACTICS AT ALL. Our midfield section was horrible from start to finish, and that is Germany's strongest point. Not only that, but in the post game conference he pretty much refuses to accept that we need to change.

There are many more things wrong, too

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be more serious, I don't get them players crying about how they are some kind of fallen saviors or something, as if it had saved all the poor people in their country had they done better. Rough truth: It doesn't matter. This sport can bring a happy day or two to people that don't have much to be happy about, but no miracles are to happen after that.

wow. very brave of you. i'm sure those dirty brazillians can't come to that conclusion on their own. you should enlighten them.

I was thinking of this, during the game

Do what Argentina didn't:score
4 years later
BUT, OKAY, SERIOUSLY:
I felt incredibly sorry for Brazil throughout the game. They must've been playing awful, for that kind of result...I, sincerely, wanted you guys to win out there. Meanwhile, people around where all chearing and stuff.

Wasn't that a trip through memory lane.

I guess the worst part about Brazil being such a HISTORICALLY AWESOME squad (5 stars #yolo) is that people don't know how to react to an eventual defeat of this CALIBER

I feel very sorry for all Brazilian people and fans of the team. A hammering at home is the worst way to leave the World Cup.

Like I said in my prediction both teams haven't played very well till the quarter finals except for the 4:0 Germany against Portugal.

All the more surprising this result, which reached unfortunately historical dimensions for Brazil.

It was the best performance of the German team, I have watched so far. I never was a fan of the German style of play, but through this victory they showed us a different face! Spectacular attacking football.

So if Netherlands will reach the final as well, my "dream final" would come true!

I honestly feel bad for the Brazilians one bit.

Every South American has been going "OH ITS THE END OF WESTERN DOMINANCE IN FOOTBALL HELL YES"

And decidedly forgot there has not been anything like that over the last 40 or so years at least, unless you mean our dominance in having less football-related violence and murder.

Edited by Gyarados

So apparently there's a chance that Van Persie might not make the game, which is good news for argentina i guess. Also, Aguero seems to be fit for the game, which will give messi another competent outlet. Without Di Maria, Argentina"s entir offense slows down unfortunately, but i reckon that they can makenit thru to the final if they play their cards well

Also, Germany have a very good chance of winning the World Cup now. They have a good record against the Dutch and the Argentines so it looks pretty good for them ^_^

Lol, it took them like 20 mins to set Neymar's shirt alight. Idek why they're burning his shirt, he wasnt even playing, and its not like it was his fault that Zuniga decided to knee him in the back

Just some idiots messing around looking for a scapegoat.

edit: http://i.imgur.com/beMdu8T.jpg

bet $20 on it, get $46K back. Good investment.

(could be easily photoshopped/fake, though)

Edited by Tryhard