WORLD CUP 2014

Parrhesia

rad sick alphas got beat by old defensive lads

lol, that sums it up perfectly...

you really held it down, honestly. i guess that shows it's never over til the referee blows the whistle.

I never expected this to happen honestly...they were terrible for the most part, they were so so in this one and yet they managed...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suárez is too stupid... :( Great player, but stupid. If FIFA bans him for the remainder of the World Cup, that's it for Uruguay, since Colombia is better.

I'm Brazilian but I support Germany. Right now things aren't looking too good for Germany. They'll get through the group stage, but the team has some fatal flaws and Löw is too stubborn to correct them. Not to mention the defense isn't in the best physical condition. I expect Germany to fall to France in the quarterfinals.

Brazil will get through Chile but will have to play better than they do ATM if they want to get through Colombia or even Uruguay (with Suárez).

I'm Brazilian but I support Germany.

Why?

Also literally every team in this tournament has 'fatal flaws', lol, that's the beauty of it. If anything Germany seems like the most well-rounded of the realistic contenders.

Why?

I like them since I was a kid. I mean, you don't necessarily HAVE to support your home country always. And Brazil is the best, supporting them is boring. :P

Hopefully Löw fixes the defense before they get knocked out.

Now, France and Colombia have played the best football so far, but I'd like to remind you that group stage performance doesn't mean a whole lot. In 1982 Italy did badly in group stage and in the quarterfinals knocked out the legendary Brazilian team, going on to become champion. In 1990 Argentina was third in their group and reached the final. In 2006, France was second in their group (behind Switzerland) and reached the final, knocking out Brazil.

I like them since I was a kid. I mean, you don't necessarily HAVE to support your home country always.

But they're your country.

So he's unpatriotic.What of it?

Besides, don't you support Cameroon?

Suárez is too stupid... :( Great player, but stupid. If FIFA bans him for the remainder of the World Cup, that's it for Uruguay, since Colombia is better.

Don't you know? Suarez will do anything to sink his teeth into a nice Italian.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I support Australia first, and the Republic of Ireland (I'm a dual-citizen) second. Just because I find a lot of other teams likable doesn't mean I'd back them over my own fucking country.

Edited by Parrhesia

Funny thing is, I never liked playing as Brazil in sports games... :P When I played with friends, we never picked Brazil, because Brazil is the best and we thought whoever picked Brazil had an unfair advantage.

On FIFA the Brazilian clubs are all weak (or weaker than they should be) so it's not as fun to play as my favorite club unfortunately. Besides, the European leagues are better developed on FIFA anyway.

Jesus Christ man as much as I find no wrong on supporting a different country (you have some kind of identification with it etc etc etc), judging teams by their FIFA quality is a bit too much. Also playing with 4-star teams is so damn fun

Regarding Suarez, yeah. He's a bit mental, but he shouldn't get punished for more than one game. Say, imagine if the ref sees him biting Chinelini, he would get a straight red card and a 1-match ban. Why stretch his punishment more than that?

Also, people shouldn't demonize him as much as they do. Football players do idiotic shit all the time, an ever worse stuff than that (Schumacher nearly killing Battiston in 82) happened and no one cared nearly as much.

Jesus Christ man as much as I find no wrong on supporting a different country (you have some kind of identification with it etc etc etc), judging teams by their FIFA quality is a bit too much. Also playing with 4-star teams is so damn fun

Regarding Suarez, yeah. He's a bit mental, but he shouldn't get punished for more than one game. Say, imagine if the ref sees him biting Chinelini, he would get a straight red card and a 1-match ban. Why stretch his punishment more than that?

Also, people shouldn't demonize him as much as they do. Football players do idiotic shit all the time, an ever worse stuff than that (Schumacher nearly killing Battiston in 82) happened and no one cared nearly as much.

I think the racism case was much more important than his bites.

The old FIFA 98 (NOT World Cup 98 but the one with the qualifying rounds) game I played when I was a kid was pretty accurate, though. Brazil and France did make it to the final that year, and were the best teams in the game. But real football is so much more circumstantial... I mean, Neymar plays a lot better in Brazil than in Barcelona, and Cristiano Ronaldo can't do anything when his conditions aren't the best and his national team is so bad. Also I think Messi never had a national team that matched his talent.

Trivia: In that FIFA game the Brazilian teams were bad, but of course that was wrong since Brazilian teams from back then were much stronger than they are now and I think the best ones could beat the best European teams one-on-one.

I think the racism case was much more important than his bites.

The old FIFA 98 (NOT World Cup 98 but the one with the qualifying rounds) game I played when I was a kid was pretty accurate, though. Brazil and France did make it to the final that year, and were the best teams in the game. But real football is so much more circumstantial... I mean, Neymar plays a lot better in Brazil than in Barcelona, and Cristiano Ronaldo can't do anything when his conditions aren't the best and his national team is so bad. Also I think Messi never had a national team that matched his talent.

Trivia: In that FIFA game the Brazilian teams were bad, but of course that was wrong since Brazilian teams from back then were much stronger than they are now and I think the best ones could beat the best European teams one-on-one.

Indeed it is, I agree wholeheartedly with you on this one.

Best soccer game still is ISSS. Allejo was Romario by a different name lol. But yeah, one problem I notice with those new games is that they keep giving the impression that WEST FUCKING BROMWICH is a better side than say, Atlético Mineiro, or Hamburg being superior to a team like Grêmio. If even today when our championship is in the gutter that statement is false, what about the early-mid 90s where Palmeiras could fuck every team on earth...

Anyway, the last time an european team met a brazilian one, Chelsea got pwned by fucking curintia

he got multiple-game suspensions for previous biting incidents. why should the officials treat the third offense most leniently?

i don't see how this is a justification; if anything, this means that people should start caring more about sportsmanship.

he got multiple-game suspensions for previous biting incidents. why should the officials treat the third offense most leniently?

i dunno bro. personally i don't think biting is an agression within a category of its own. at least i think it could be grouped with blatant headbutts and elbows, or even a slap to the face. we should have a more strict rule about these kinds of moves too, not just bizarre actions like biting.

dunno if i'm clear here, prolly not

also regarding the "justification", it was just due to the fact quite a lot of people hate this guy to unhealthy levels, when other players who do as much shit don't get enough flak, a bit of a double standard. we actually agree on the sportmanship part,

Edited by Яei Яei

I think Suarez should suffer no penalty because people would be so mad and it'd be hilarious and Australia doesn't have to play them.

I think Suarez should suffer no penalty because people would be so mad and it'd be hilarious and Australia doesn't have to play them.

that would be a wise decision indeed

you tacitly admitted that biting is within a category of its own.

biting is something more unusual than other actions like headbutts and such, but it's as much as an aggression as all of those things

at least from my point of view, the fact that it is weird/bizarre shouldn't affect the strictness.

for instance: should a biting episode, such as suarez's be judged different than this headbutting one?