WORLD CUP 2014

Parrhesia

argentina played a pretty interesting game against nigeria, where it was 1-1 within 4 minutes. Messi bagged two and it ended 3-2 to Argentina. I never saw the Bosnia/Iran game, but Bosnia won, meaning Nigeria finished second in the group, Iran and Bosnia are out (I thought bosnia was gonna qualify)

that avatar fucking lol

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

? Bosnia had no chance to qualify; they were on 0 points and Nigeria was on 4. Iran could have qualified with a Nigeria loss if they'd beaten Bosnia. This meant that they needed to break out of their 10-0-0 formation, which unfortunately resulted in them losing.

? Bosnia had no chance to qualify; they were on 0 points and Nigeria was on 4. Iran could have qualified with a Nigeria loss if they'd beaten Bosnia. This meant that they needed to break out of their 10-0-0 formation, which unfortunately resulted in them losing.

Yeah, I knew, I just meant before the tournament Bosnia seemed the other favourites to qualify along with Argentina.

e: I should've stated that.

Edited by Tryhard

Top work from Ecuador but not enough - I don't feel that red card was deserved. They deserved the draw, though, strong at the back. Ecuador making it through would've meant literally every South American team would've made it through. Unsurprisingly a good tournament for them! And a dogshit one from Asia, fucking lol - I'm fairly sure we've not won a match between us.

Shame about that ref, considering he was the first in the tournament not to fuck up a match (he was in charge of Chile/Australia).

COLOMBIA X ARGENTINA AT THE FINALS IT WILL HAPPEN

Also Messi is at least Top 4 of the Cup so far. He, Neymar, Robben and Benzema are the four horsemen of the apocalypse

his back will break any minute now

higuain is a better looking fred, bro

aguero is flopping and di magia while doind a decent tournament is far from what we expect from him

predictions time;

Ghana will beat or draw Portugal but not go through

Russia will draw and crash out because they are failures and Algeria are swag alphas

higuain is a better looking fred, bro

aguero is flopping and di magia while doind a decent tournament is far from what we expect from him

More like the Fantastic Flop lol

Edit: because i am a contrarian, i predict usa to beat germany in a really shitgood game, and portugal to win but fail to get through

Cue awful american shitposting everywhere for months

Edited by fuccboi

SAFEST PREDICTIONS EVER

they're really not

nor are they particularly dangerous so I assume it's not sarcastic either so ???

nah a safe prediction was at the start of the tournament where i confidently predicted (I may not have stated it here) that Tim Cahill would score no fewer than Jozy Altidore, and it was even safer twenty minutes into USA's first match

they're really not

nor are they particularly dangerous so I assume it's not sarcastic either so ???

nah a safe prediction was at the start of the tournament where i confidently predicted (I may not have stated it here) that Tim Cahill would score no fewer than Jozy Altidore, and it was even safer twenty minutes into USA's first match

IT'S A TAUNT

I do think Ghana is gonna win this shit, unless they have some mind problems liquid shit like that game against Germany where they were beating THE SHIT out of them germans, could've scored a 3rd goal easily and conceded minutes later

Edit: because i am a contrarian, i predict usa to beat germany in a really shitgood game, and portugal to win but fail to get through

Cue awful american shitposting everywhere for months

yeah dempsey best in the world we rule the fucking world

usa always excels in all sports except the one that matters.

Portugal is in shambles. Ghana will win but not qualify. Actually, if Germany plays seriously and beat the USA by a good score advantage, Ghana has a chance provided they beat Portugal. But, despite what Löw said, I think Germany will go for the draw, not least because they have several players in critical physical condition, and a draw is also convenient for the USA too.

Nice to see Messi scoring goals, but his team doesn't help him. :( Everyone goes on about how Messi doesn't play the same quality he does in Barcelona, but they forget that Pelé for example had fantastic teams backing him, and in 1962 Brazil actually won without him (he was forced out during the tournament due to injury). A luxury I don't think Messi has. Expecting Argentina to win everything just because they have Messi is a bit of a stretch.

ye thats why I see Maradona as the better of them two. While pele was excellent, he generally had great players supporting him such as Garrincha (a god on his own level too), carlos alberto and others. Maradona may have had Mario Kempes at the best, yet he carried argentina to the glory. It would be pretty hard in modern times to do such a feat seeing as tactics are changing, and you can get sent off for doing too many rash tackles on someone

Maradona is not even superior to Romario, I'd say. Even though him being a one man army at the 86 and 90 WCs, Pelé was just on a league of his own. Scoring more than a thousand goals and still keeping an average close to 1goal/game HAS to count for something.

However I do give Maradona props. Being champion while playing for NAPOLI and without having Careca and Alemão is an amazing feat indeed. It would be like being champion playing for Liverpool nowadays....

Also Maradona is not even the 2nd best player ever. Romario >>>

My standards of great playerdom revolve around being capable of fully sick skills while also being short/fat/crippled/one-footed, thus Maradona, Puskas, Garrincha and le Tissier are the greatest players ever

you're forgetting the greatest of them all

Wayne Shaw

Ghana is only like 2 goals behind US in goal differential; if they win and US loses they'll at the very least be tied in GD.

Ghana is only like 2 goals behind US in goal differential; if they win and US loses they'll at the very least be tied in GD.

I think a 2-1 win for Ghana and Germany puts them even on goals scored - meaning US progresses on head-to-head.

Ghana is fully sick and unlucky to be behind, though both goalkeepers have made fantastic saves so far.

God all these cards.

60+ minutes in,;USA's facing 39% ball control and 2 shots on goal, this is terribly discouraging, and that Muller goal set us on a rough push.

Sry to doublepost:

USA 0 - Germany 1

Ghana 1 - Portugal 2

good god that means Ronaldo is out, and we made the cut.

ho-lee-jebus. Still wasn't that great of a game until the last 10 minutes or so, but at least Usa's advancing

Edited by Nightmare

did ronaldo go topless again, I didn't watch either game.

I figured the USA would still qualify, rip Ghana.

Edited by Tryhard

still was close. 10$ says we're playing Belgium next round (unless Algeria scores 4 goals over Russia & Belgium) lol