WORLD CUP 2014

Parrhesia

The US defended until they went behind. Which made complete sense. Nearly scored at the last but eh.

Ghana it turns out lost Muntari and Prince-Boateng for disciplinary reasons, so that, uh, didn't help.

If Belgium can't get into a groove the US have a decent shot against them.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dempsey's head getting a goal in the last minute would've been amazing, broken nose and all. I have a good feeling about USA Belgium will be a tight game, but we'll see what they look like against SouthK in an hour.

Any thoughts about predicted Algeria V Russia?

I want Algeria through. I get the feeling they might not make it though which is depressing.

Belgium will roll over the USA on paper but have apparently played like shit so far (I've missed both their matches). I'll wait until after Belgium's current game to judge their form but the US' chances are no better than a coinflip. It's doable, though.

Fair punishment, but it's a pity for Liverpool.

Real Madrid (or whoever) will shell out like 70m for him anyway though. I can't imagine it'll put that much of a dent in the fee if they sell him, but they'll probably be more eager to since what Liverpool really need now is depth.

Edited by Parrhesia

guys akinfeev is bad, real bad

Algeria have what it takes to see this through and fight Germany, which will be hilarious except for the part where they lose. If they win it'll be great poetic justice though.

Korea are shit. Belgium are also shit and missing a player, that game is going nowhere. Belgium are nothing but an inviting target to be liberated by Clint 'Deuce' Dempsey, imo

Eighteen games total for Suarez, but Giroud and Sakho barely get any mention...

Seriously, just look at this

GenerousEnchantingInganue.gif

Anyway, Algeria going to the knockout stages, awesome.

Why then don't they punish Sakho for this stupid action? Is a bite really THAT worse than an elbow to the jaw? BOTH actions should get FIFA's attention, not just Suarez's, that's what I'm saying all the time.

guys akinfeev is bad, real bad

tbh I was rooting for the Russians in this match, don't know why exactly but what was akinfeev doing

and why are all the locals in Brazil so shocked that Suarez is getting action taken against him, anyway? I think FIFA, despite being notable shit organization, aren't gonna let a guy go who has a history of biting people in a match.

the Uruguayian media bias is hilarious, though.

Edited by Tryhard

tbh I was rooting for the Russians in this match, don't know why exactly but what was akinfeev doing

and why are all the locals in Brazil so shocked that Suarez is getting action taken against him, anyway? I think FIFA, despite being notable shit organization, aren't gonna let a guy go who has a history of biting people in a match.

the Uruguayian media bias is hilarious, though.

the english media bias is hilarious too.

they fucking hate suarez. do they need something to distract themselves with other than ripping into the national team?

I think by now the media's too depressed by the English team to even be angry. They're not mad. They're just disappointed.

The bite and marks were real but some tabloid (daily mail maybe) used colour manipulation to make it look like it'd drawn blood lol

I'm sad that my wish didn't come true.

the english media bias is hilarious too.

they fucking hate suarez. do they need something to distract themselves with other than ripping into the national team?

of course, the medias are hilarious in general.

I wonder how hated he is gonna be when he goes back to Liverpool... if he goes back to Liverpool.

of course, the medias are hilarious in general.

I wonder how hated he is gonna be when he goes back to Liverpool... if he goes back to Liverpool.

he's gonna be bought by madrid for some ridiculous amount of money. because he's still one of the best players in the world, and they're still interested.

Edited by fuccboi

he's gonna be bought by madrid for some ridiculous amount of money.

Weren't there some heavy rumours from Barcelona, too? Maybe I'm just remembering wrong.

welp rest day tomorrow then ROUND OF 16

You'll blunder the first game. Brazil won't be knocked out by Chile, but Colombia in the quarterfinals.

Chile doesn't have a "heavy shirt" (as we say in Brazil) and has never beaten Brazil in a World Cup.

I want to see Brazil out just to see Scolari's face, though. I hate him with a passion.