WORLD CUP 2014

Parrhesia

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't you have to pick up the ball and then jump around like a doof and slam it on the ground to get a touchdown?

there is no other football. only the one played at the world cup

denying reality again?

Edited by Narga_Rocks

denying reality again?

it's a silly attempt at a joke

however, calling "football" "SOCCER" is an even weirder thing

Let's not start this argument.

SOCCER IS A SHIT WORD

this is my pet peeve

too bad I know it's pretty much futile to argue

edit: no I don't actually care

hype for germany and france

Edited by Tryhard

Let's not start this argument.

nah, not trying to argue here. I find it weird, some find it correct, to each it's own, as long as we don't try to force anything

it's a silly attempt at a joke

however, calling "football" "SOCCER" is an even weirder thing

It's short for association football, totally valid, and far more palatable in my view than white-as-fuck hipster Americans unironically saying 'futbol'.

Lads - what are you all drinking over the World Cup

I just bought some Bare Cove Radler because I've never had radler. It's... kind of like pilsner with the edge taken off.

That said I will not be drinking it during World Cup matches. They start at 2am and I have work immediately after them.

Edited by Parrhesia

I personally find the "soccer" term annoying. It's "football" everywhere but the US just because they invented another "football". Rugby is also a distant relative of association football, but they chose the term "rugby" to differentiate their sport from the other "football".

"Football" is accurate to the association football, because it designates a sport played primarily with feet.

I don't drink beer often and I don't like eating while watching the games either.

I personally find the "soccer" term annoying. It's "football" everywhere but the US just because they invented another "football". Rugby is also a distant relative of association football, but they chose the term "rugby" to differentiate their sport from the other "football".

"Football" is accurate to the association football, because it designates a sport played primarily with feet.

When you say 'football' in America people will think you are referring to American or gridiron football, because it is far more popular there. How it happened is irrelevant, but it's a valid term and it's the one more frequently used there. Don't be that guy, okay.

could be the second time algeria are eliminated by germany leading 1-0, but hey, first time directly.

This feels like USA v Germany all over again.

You know, if Germany didn't flub up like twice. Still rooting for Algeria tbh

lol I actually turned off before they got one back

still - 21 vs 6 shots on target, and germans had 66% possession, still a good contest

Edited by Tryhard

Poor Algeria. They did put up a nice fight tho

Bentaleb, Feghouli, Brahimi and Haliche are VERY GOOD players. Löw's 4 cb tactic is terrible, damn. He might be as bad as Felipão

MESSI MESSI MESSI?

I liked that Germany vs Algeria game, though. Another good performance from the underdogs, like Mexico, Nigeria and Chile.

Edited by Tryhard