Biggest advice for any RPG.

Pretty sure the best advice for any RPG is "Hit A and the direction buttons a lot, you're bound to win eventually (just look at Twitch Plays Pokemon)".

I don't suppose that you could clarify that for me, please...

in one of the might and magics, I believe 4, you needed to find a sword through a sidequest to kill the final boss, there were ways for you to fuck up and destroy the sword to need it so as a failsafe saying "I lost it" to some mirror somewhere would give you that sword however people realised that saying that to the mirror didn't actually hinge on having done the quest so if you wanted to #justblaze through you could cheat, tell the mirror or whatever that you 'lost' the sword and it would give you it despite you never having had it in the first place

in one of the might and magics, I believe 4, you needed to find a sword through a sidequest to kill the final boss, there were ways for you to fuck up and destroy the sword to need it so as a failsafe saying "I lost it" to some mirror somewhere would give you that sword however people realised that saying that to the mirror didn't actually hinge on having done the quest so if you wanted to #justblaze through you could cheat, tell the mirror or whatever that you 'lost' the sword and it would give you it despite you never having had it in the first place

it was 4. the 'i lost it!' remains a legacy feature in later might and magics, but without the amazing sword of xeenkill bug

• Always carry as much as you can in terms of healing items.
  • Never forget to save!f you see a new door, or a clearing, or any sort of change in scenery, save. Know what? Not even then. Save always. Unless there are save points, then visit those frequently.
  • Never skip things. Mashed A Button, missed out on where to go, wandered around forever.
  • Always remember sidequests.

ANNA.

Edited by Maerk