Do you think fe 14 will be more like others and less like awakening?

Ishi

The old FEs don't even have grinding

FE doesn't need grinding

This FE doesn't need grinding

The next FE will not need grinding unless they seriously jack up the difficulty to above L+ on normal

it is optional content

It's there because the devs are nice enough to let you do

It's welcoming to newer players who may not be as skilled as veterans

But it's entirely optional

Please don't act like I am advocating that there shouldn't be any grinding instead of criticizing the way grinding is executed (aka, real money for virtual gold). I mean I would prefer if there was no grinding and I expressed my personal distaste for it on the previous page, but that is not the subject here.

Heck, as a PC player I think that developers should aim that players can have at least as much control over their singeplayer games as console commands usually allow, if not more so. The sky is the limit. At least as long as devs don't use "allowing choice" as an excuse for a lack of actual design in a game.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ORLY?

• FE8's Tower of Valni
  • Any FE with an arena
  • In Radiant Dawn Chapter 4-5, Izuka will summon 4 random laguz each turn, for 25 turns. That's 100 reinforcements that you can use to grind on, as well as all the starting enemies.
So much for "the old FE's don't even have grinding"...

as much as i wouldn't normally, i agree with ninja monkey.

If you guys actually read the conversation you'd realize the only point even marginally relevant is Sacred Stones' Tower, Ruins, and random skirmishes. Arenas and RD 4-5 are not made as grinding opportunities and not nearly as usable as actual grinding material.

I mean, sure, technically you can argue that Lumi was wrong about none of them having grinding since SS does, but that's one game that needed it even less than Awakening. Doesn't change the point.

If you guys actually read the conversation

You're rather optimistic there (on the former, that is).

@Brightbow; the DLC system in Awakening is not bad. By your logic, if they charged the game + DLC cost for the game alone and all the DLC was free, it would be better since nobody has to pay to get more content. Though obviously, it's worse, since those that don't want DLC or only want some would have to pay more, and those who want all the DLC aren't saving anything.

Edited by Baldrick