Like all of them due to plot and you have to fight all the leaders again

Really? this game >_>

wow

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait this game won an AWARD?

How is that even possible? was it 100% sarcasm?

Perhaps it was given out JUST so the creators could say "hey we won something" and never enter again. Or possibly because there's worse hacks out there. I don't know which possibility scares me more.

In other news. . .

Chirpich: The awful Starly wannabe. Looks derpy, and should be the policy D1 lynch.

Perhaps it was given out JUST so the creators could say "hey we won something" and never enter again. Or possibly because there's worse hacks out there. I don't know which possibility scares me more.

In other news. . .

Chirpich: The awful Starly wannabe. Looks derpy, and should be the policy D1 lynch.

Nope.

This game won awards three years in a row.

And Chirpich is like Starly, only more like the Xatu evolution line

Sort of

Jesus christ who gave this thing awards?

Moreover, I wonder what this says about how bad the OTHER hacks in the same categories were.... .-.

This game makes me feel a lot better about calling myself a budding game designer even though I basically have no technical experience.

Because... well, Jesus.

Jesus christ who gave this thing awards?

Moreover, I wonder what this says about how bad the OTHER hacks in the same categories were.... .-.

This game makes me feel a lot better about calling myself a budding game designer even though I basically have no technical experience.

Because... well, Jesus.

Oh no, you're wrong

Some of the other hacks are amazing

And Pokecommunity as an entirety did.

Nope.

This game won awards three years in a row.

The writing is atrocious, and the backtracking even more so. I shudder to think of what its competition looked like.

The writing is atrocious, and the backtracking even more so. I shudder to think of what its competition looked like.

Uhh let me see...

M6mPGeJ.png

Yep

These games listed here are really really good.

Uhh let me see...

M6mPGeJ.png

Yep

These games listed here are really really good.

Is Light Platinum really that good? Not that I think that LP is bad, but it's consistently up there and I've heard good things about it from other places.

I'll take your word on those hacks. . .so seriously, what the fuck? That would be like the FE community running an awards show, and having some of the better hacks passed over in favor of J Random Stat Inflation Hack with some changed names/dialogue and a shitty recolor of Eliwood and Ephraim (complete with the FE7/FE8 palette differences).

From what SB is showing me, it's so painful that I don't want to play it, ever. I despise non-optional tutorials, the dialogue makes me cringe, and there's graphical errors all over the place.

Is Light Platinum really that good? Not that I think that LP is bad, but it's consistently up there and I've heard good things about it from other places.

Yeah. Light Platinum is really good. I've never played it but

I'll take your word on those hacks. . .so seriously, what the fuck? That would be like the FE community running an awards show, and having some of the better hacks passed over in favor of J Random Stat Inflation Hack with some changed names/dialogue and a shitty recolor of Eliwood and Ephraim (complete with the FE7/FE8 palette differences).

From what SB is showing me, it's so painful that I don't want to play it, ever. I despise non-optional tutorials, the dialogue makes me cringe, and there's graphical errors all over the place.

True true

Have you played this game mate

This is top shit tier. And what's Kaizo Blue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Kx4BhelRE

It's a bossthrough but Dray explains in the description the nasty traps the creator put there on the way to the cities. And of course Brock has an Aerodactyl with Dragon Rage which is faster and can OHKO all of your Pokémon.

From Dray:

I've never played a RBY hack before (sans Pokemon Brown, but I never finished that because I got lost :X) so I wasn't too sure what to expect here. The actual Brock fight wasn't too bad, but the lead up to it... Oh god. SHF has basically turned everything past Viridian City into a maze; Route 2 was a bit annoying, Viridian Forest was the worst maze I have ever come across. Took me ages to find the right way, and only after using a Walk Through Walls code and coming out the other side did I figure out the exit is actually in the trees D: The sheer amount of random encounters really wears down on you, too.

As far as variety goes, this hack has plenty though. I've also noticed that the trend with moves seems to have changed; thus far I haven't seen a single Pokémon learn a move by level-up; every move my Pokémon possess was already with them when I first captured. Assuming this was intentional, it actually makes quite an interesting challenge, seeing as you'll have to catch new things to gain access to better moves. Kudos, SHF. I'll keep playing, assuming Mt. Moon isn't a death trap or something.

Edited by Bird Jesus

the amount of horrible in this update has no words

[spoiler=GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR]

There's a forest south of the first town. Before it was INEXPLICABLY BLOCKED OFF BY STRENGTH ROCKS but at some point they disappeared so ???, I went there and found this:

iCv3XkR.png

Joltiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiik

I caught it, then went back to the second gym.

xwwzBMk.png

I don't get this gym's layout at all. Are they puddles, or ???

bnyoWfD.png

THANK GOD

jx8KO42.png

WHY IS THIS WARTORTLE LEVEL 15

AND WHY IS IT USING DOUBLE TEAM

fUJR0E5.pngONfLNRM.png

That's right, you CHUMP.

aJPIttf.png

I can't tell if you're trying to make his speech formal or informal?

But right now you're failing both.

VLgxItc.png

And by master I mean "I HAVE 3 LEVEL 20S SUCH MASTERY"

seriously at least gym leaders didn't claim to be the best

5LtdIhH.png

I completely missed what his first Pokemon was but Joltik wrecked it.

HwtACFM.png

Floatzel too.

K2VInWI.png

But uh, why are fighting things with fully evolved and kind of good stats at the second gym where we're probably running around with unevolved scrubs? GOOD DESIGN

JbsJSjv.png

Joltik died, Ivysaur slept it, switched to Geodude.

As hilarious and killing it with Selfdestruct would be I just went with a Rock Throw 2HKO.

0uK7Mu3.png

THIS WILL DEFINITELY HELP YOU SURVIVE

n26droP.pngyRkNfVd.png

"Truly" and "gonna" just really don't look right in the same sentence. Pls game.

QFM8CEa.png

IaJjFOL.png2b2SdqV.png

Not really because THEY'LL JUST GET FUCKING STOLEN OVER AND OVER AGAIN

1g622aL.png

I don't care about youuuuuuu or your shitty sister leave me alone

CmfcEXt.png2Lilie1.png

Cool.

I don't give a shit.

Cx10BJz.png

The more this guy talks, the more I want to punch him in the face.

es2AuoW.pnglziuvLv.png

I think I would rather be reading the Game of Champions again at this point.

0pRIRxi.png

Water Pulse.

Shitty.

Bfkb6YQ.png

Ignore the A and you'll get how I feel about this hack's creator.

txiiQBO.png

This just in: Geodude could've been even more overlevelled.

w4EzSfS.png

Anyway, back to the forest below the starting town.

Honestly I don't know the names of any of this game's towns except for BOULDER CITY which we haven't been to yet just because of how dumb it sounds.

HF3Ldoq.png

KILL IT

KILL IT WITH FIRE

2sgGBNn.pngendOYRy.png

This was overdue a bit, so.

SFlvFmi.png

Are all of the rangers as stupid as Leanna?

iyAEHTa.png

I DON'T KNOW YOU

gzJZrnp.png

I found the mandatory Magikarp chump guys!

yXS5fN9.pngj3iZlp7.png

I

It

It does damage to itself

Fuck you Jagold you always ruin everything

nOulJOf.png

WHAT

WHAT THE FUCK

WHERE DID THIS SANDSTORM COME FROM

NO

JUST

NO

brb flipping tables

5kIgmsP.png

SO HOW ABOUT THAT SANDSTORM GUYS

LASjU9r.png

I feel like this dialogue was blatantly stolen from first gen games?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

UIteWUb.png

temptation to commit rabbit genocide is rising

VQnMgEy.png

GOTTA LOVE THOSE SANDSTORMS

UIrEPWp.pngAV2Sh6x.png

Which is why you've just be uselessly standing around here for hours?

muIcUy7.png

Congratulations. You're a genius or something.

3bL7SKR.pngCS7NXpi.png

WHAT

ARE YOU SERIOUS

Okay, so there are three MASSIVE PROBLEMS WITH THIS.

First off, she wasn't fucking stood in the sandstorm area of ANYTHING LIKE THAT. She didn't even need them! Second YOU'RE A FUCKING RANGER YOU'RE PROBABLY GOING TO NEED ANTI SANDSTORM SHIT IN THE FUTURE TO DO YOUR JOB although on second thought you never seem to be fucking doing anything anyway so that probably doesn't matter. The last problem I have is that THERE IS NO INDICATION WHATSOEVER THAT WE'RE SUPPOSED TO TALK TO HER. Even the fucking hint rocks or w/e the hell they're called say nothing and you just have to wander around blindly until you figure it out, wondering what the fuck you're missing.

Fuck you game.

Anyway, there are a few more shitty trainers along the way, until we get to some small not-even-really-a-town thing (iirc), but I'm just gonna leave this with more evidence of how WONDERFULLY this game is designed.

YzTHMON.png

I am stood here. There is nobody else on the screen.

Take one step...

p52010t.png

THE GIRL MAGICALLY APPEARS OUT OF NOWHERE

This isn't even the first time this has happened either so it's not like it's a one time thing or anything.

Another major thing I haven't even mentioned yet is that you don't even see what the hell other trainers are going to send out anymore. It's just like THEY ARE SENDING OUT A POKEMON WOULD YOU LIKE TO BLINDLY SWITCH OUT AND HOPE YOU COUNTERPICK IT OR USE SAVE STATES TO GET THE EXACT SAME RESULT AS YOU WOULD BEFORE AND JUST MAKE IT MORE TEDIOUS?

tl;dr version: fuck this game