is Minerva wearing pants or is it underwear?

here we go  

46 members have voted

1. 1. do you see pants or underwear?

Was a thread about this really necessary?

Given that this discussion was derailing another (admittedly slightly derailed already) topic, this thread is necessary in that it reduces topic irrelevant chatter.

Pants. I can see what might be mistaken for panty lines, but upon closer inspection, these are just odd pleats in her pants.

Big Minerva fanboy here. I don't know how someone could have thought they were underwear.

http://fireemblemwiki.org/w/images/6/60/FEMN_Minerva_02.png

She's clearly wearing pants here.

...Actually, she isn't wearing pants here, she's wearing a loincloth+really high socks(shoes?), you can see a sliver of skin where the sock ends on her left (opv) thigh, near the armor on the hip. Edited by L95

.........This REALLY warranted its own topic, did it? o_____0 Sheesh... some people....

...for what it's worth, I can see where Ana's coming from here.... the coloration between her crotch and her thighs seems noticeably different, but yeah, if you look closely enough you can see that her pants continue up her leg to her crotch, and you can observe the folds (...OF THE CLOTH--) that attach to her crotch-area's fabric.

...still, it's a bit odd that the separation of her hips from her body is so.... ...prominent.

guys, it is a leotard after staring at it for a min.

If you look at the arms you notice it is a one piece suit. and the drapery around the arms has the same color as her crotch area. So sh is wearing a leotard that covers her arms and her torso. There is a break and there is a different section of the leotard and armor on it. This is so she can easily get on/off her wyvern since it is divided for riding

Um if you look at the folds of cloth between her thighs and her crotch you can clearly see that the fabric does not end. It probably is some kind of full-body pants/leotard thing, but it definitely does not end at her hips.

It's really just the artist can't draw for shit

I don't even know why they picked him to do this

Analyzing a Shirow Masamune drawing is futile because he doesn't know what he's doing in regards to pretty much everything

Bad anatomy: check

Stiff fabric and poor idea where folds are: check
Colors using things that resemble dodge/burn: check

I'm bitter because I don't have a job and he does ok

Edited by Thor Odinson

The textures on the metal and belts are nice at least .3.

Though yeah, the fact that we're even having this discussion I think is testament to the strange aesthetic choice of how the crotch/thighs were drawn. I might maintain my stance that at least some of Shadow Dragon's art was pretty sexualized... or at least that it paved the way for more of that shit in later games.

Edited by BANRYU

Feels like he just took some textures and slapped it on with a mask, though

Doesn't particularly blend well

But eh, I'm hypercritical when it comes to professional artwork

But yeah there are...stuff that Shirow Masamune's kinda known for (other than Ghost in the Shell)

Stuff I stay away from

I don't really know why IS hired him out of all the actually capable and talented people in Japan

I also wish that weren't for Shirow Masamune doing the artwork, that everyone else got redraws as well, FE1/3 artwork is extremely dated and it'd be nice if the rest of the cast got some new OAs, but alas.