If Marth Could Promote

Jotari

Marth, due to early installment weirdness, is the only lord who can't promote (excluding pre-promoted awesome on a horse Sigurd of course). But if he did have a promotion, either conceived at the start of the series or implemented in the remakes, where in the story (of either game) do you think Marth could feasibly promote and what bonus weapons/traits do you think he could receive.

Edited by Jotari

I imagine his promotion would be like Leif, Roy, and Ike's: all it offers is the bonuses and 20 extra levels.

What I would see as a proper promotion would be when he completes the Binding Shield.

I think that'd be too late, considering the game ends if completing the shield doesn't happen.

Hmm, as for what I think, perhaps his promotion could be tied to retaking Altea, in both games could work perhaps.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

For book 1, I always thought it would be interesting if Marth promoted like any other character using the Fire Emblem as his promotion item. His promoted class would be called Star Lord (possibly localized as Lodestar), and it would give Marth the ability to unlock chests without keys.

For book 2, however, I really don't like the idea of Marth promoting. Here I think Marth should be in a situation similar to Sigurd where he starts out in his promoted class but with the ability to grow up to level 30.

For book 1, I always thought it would be interesting if Marth promoted like any other character using the Fire Emblem as his promotion item. His promoted class would be called Star Lord (possibly localized as Lodestar), and it would give Marth the ability to unlock chests without keys.

For book 2, however, I really don't like the idea of Marth promoting. Here I think Marth should be in a situation similar to Sigurd where he starts out in his promoted class but with the ability to grow up to level 30.

The thing about the Fire Emblem though is that he receives it very early in the game. If that happened a lot of people would accidentally promote him before he's even reached level 10. Of course the plot could easily be reworked to get the Fire Emblem later in the game (due to it's monumental lack of importance in the first game).

He should promote to Starlord when he gets his kingdom back in the first game. For the second game he could have another higher class (probably based on whatever Anri was called) when he reaches Gotoh and right before warping to Aritia.

The thing about the Fire Emblem though is that he receives it very early in the game. If that happened a lot of people would accidentally promote him before he's even reached level 10. Of course the plot could easily be reworked to get the Fire Emblem later in the game (due to it's monumental lack of importance in the first game).

You misunderstood what I said. I said Marth should promote like any other character. That is, he can be promoted as soon as he hits level 10 or higher or not at all if the player so chooses. The Fire Emblem becomes his promotion item in place of a Master Seal. I am not suggesting his promotion should be forced via cutscene like some of the later protagonists.

You misunderstood what I said. I said Marth should promote like any other character. That is, he can be promoted as soon as he hits level 10 or higher or not at all if the player so chooses. The Fire Emblem becomes his promotion item in place of a Master Seal. I am not suggesting his promotion should be forced via cutscene like some of the later protagonists.

I know. That's why I said a lot of people would accidentally promote him. If I thought you meant a forced promotion I would instead have complained about forced level grinding him being necessary for a perfect Marth.

Considering that forced promotions were the norm for pretty much all of the games, except FE4 and 13 (and maybe 2, I'm not sure), I think he should promote around the time he gets his castle back, kinda like Leif does in FE5.

In Book 2, it should be when he rescues Tiki, or somewhere near there.

I know. That's why I said a lot of people would accidentally promote him. If I thought you meant a forced promotion I would instead have complained about forced level grinding him being necessary for a perfect Marth.

I still don't think you did, because you said people would accidentally promote him before level 10. If you really did understand what I meant, you would have realized this was impossible because no unit can promote before level 10 unless they're forced. Edited by Starman

I still don't think you did, because you said people would accidentally promote him before level 10. If you really did understand what I meant, you would have realized this was impossible because no unit can promote before level 10 unless they're forced.

No I understood you perfectly. You were suggesting he promote in the same fashion as Erikia and Ephraim except unlike them he receives his promotion item very early in the game where it could easily be used mistakenly. Promotions forced or otherwise shouldn't happen that early. The player doesn't even receive Mast Seals until long after that.