Best pairs in the game?

Torva

Gameplay-wise the best pairings have already been discussed to death. Preference-wise I like them like this:
MU x Tiki/ Severa
Frederick x Cherche
Cordelia x Gregor
Chrom x Sumia
Lissa x Lon'qu
Libra x Olivia
Tharja x Henry
Donnel x Sully
Gaius x Maribelle
Ricken x Miriel
Stahl x Nowi

Virion (aka archerest of archers) x Panne

Gerome x Lucina
Severa x Brady (if MU is with Tiki)

F!Morgan x Yarne (shitty Morgan doesn't deserve more)
Noire x Owain
Inigo x Cynthia
Laurent x Nah (if MU is with Tiki)
Brady x Nah (if MU is with Severa)

How do you decide how to pair up the second generation? There aren't really any kids to worry about stat-wise, so do you pair them up based on supports/story?

No, stats do matter- 2nd gen units still give pairup bonuses. Aside from Spd/Str/Mag thresholds and DS/Hit optimization, skill synergy is important (eg you don't want a pair with no Galeforce units), etc. It's a very different process from pairing up the parents, but it's still important.

How do you decide how to pair up the second generation? There aren't really any kids to worry about stat-wise, so do you pair them up based on supports/story?

Yes. Though on the gameplay side I guess there's also Pair Up bonuses.

Chrom with Lucina is pretty much indestructible. I don't tend to put them together as they're my 2 best characters so need to spread the talent. But if they're both Great Lord (or whatever the highest version of lord is), they're pretty insane. Dodgy nearly everything. Counterattack with a minimum of 2 attacks. And when you get that "1 true king" or whatever it's called, they both use aether a lot!

Chrom with Lucina is pretty much indestructible. I don't tend to put them together as they're my 2 best characters so need to spread the talent. But if they're both Great Lord (or whatever the highest version of lord is), they're pretty insane. Dodgy nearly everything. Counterattack with a minimum of 2 attacks. And when you get that "1 true king" or whatever it's called, they both use aether a lot!

I'm just miffed that Chrom's other children can't get Dual Attack+.

Ultimate Back Row ability being 100% Dual Attack Rate.

Aether's kinda useless in the back row >_>;

Chrom X Frederick too! You know you want it.

How else would Frederick know what Chrom's naked likeness looked like?

I'm just miffed that Chrom's other children can't get Dual Attack+.

Ultimate Back Row ability being 100% Dual Attack Rate.

Aether's kinda useless in the back row >_>;

Y'know, even if I could choose which skill to pass to Chrom's kids it would still be Aether. Every single time. Aether Inigo, Aether Brady, Aether MORGAN!

But even then... I'd still do Chrom x Sumia. It's superior to Chrolivia in just about every way and I <3 Aether Cynthia.

But even then... I'd still do Chrom x Sumia. It's superior to Chrolivia in just about every way and I <3 Aether Cynthia.

Actually, regarding Lucina, not physical attacker-wise. Olivia!Lucina beats Sumia!Lucina in that area.

Sumia!Lucina is more versatile in different roles.

They're about the same, really.

Actually, regarding Lucina, not physical attacker-wise. Olivia!Lucina beats Sumia!Lucina in that area.

Sumia!Lucina is more versatile in different roles.

They're about the same, really.

Agreed, for the Lucina variations it goes like this.

Physical - Olivia (+3 Str mod)

Magical - Maribelle (+3 Mag mod)

Mixed - Sumia (+0 Str, +1 Mag mod, highest Skl and Spd)

God - Avatar (custom mods, every class)

y u do dis - Sully (Skl and Spd are her perks but Sumia does the same thing with better mods, better classes, and with Galeforce)

Ya fuck'd up - Maiden

It usually boils down to Chrom's second child when picking a pairing for Chrom, and seeing as Aether beats Aggressor, Cynthia is basically superior to all of Chrom's sons and she beats Kjelle because Geylfurse. Also worth noting that Chrom!Cynthia gets the skills, classes, faires, and mods to perform like a beast in any class at her disposal (Lancefaire Paladin/Bowfaire Sniper for Physical,Tomefaire Dark Flier/Sage for magical). Chrom x Sumia optimizes itself. Chrom x Sumia OTP for life

Agreed, for the Lucina variations it goes like this.

Physical - Olivia (+3 Str mod)

Magical - Maribelle (+3 Mag mod)

Mixed - Sumia (+0 Str, +1 Mag mod, highest Skl and Spd)

God - Avatar (custom mods, every class)

y u do dis - Sully (Skl and Spd are her perks but Sumia does the same thing with better mods, better classes, and with Galeforce)

Ya fuck'd up - Maiden

It usually boils down to Chrom's second child when picking a pairing for Chrom, and seeing as Aether beats Aggressor, Cynthia is basically superior to all of Chrom's sons and she beats Kjelle because Geylfurse. Also worth noting that Chrom!Cynthia gets the skills, classes, faires, and mods to perform like a beast in any class at her disposal (Lancefaire Paladin/Bowfaire Sniper for Physical,Tomefaire Dark Flier/Sage for magical). Chrom x Sumia optimizes itself. Chrom x Sumia OTP for life

Actually, Olivia's only a +2 for Lucina, as Olivia herself has a 0 Str modifier.

Actually, Olivia's only a +2 for Lucina, as Olivia herself has a 0 Str modifier.

*does a mod check*

Huh, it actually is +2. Silly me, for some reason I though Olivia had a +1 Str mod. Thanks for the correction.