Who Would Win? (Pit vs Meta Knight)

HK Motendra

Who comes out on top?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Pit vs Meta Knight

There's also the Links from Minish Cap, the two Oracle games, Awakening, as well as Spirit Tracks, and A Link Between Worlds.

Phantom Hourglass Link is at least the same as Wind Waker Link, so he counts for Wind Waker.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're taking way too many gameplay elements into account. Including bottles and crap being able to deflect some attacks would be like including FE's turn-based combat. And realistically, a bottle would not stand a chance against Ragnell's shockwaves, just like Ike would realistically not take turns with his enemy.

A lot of Link's most powerful attacks are really slow to initiate and leave Link wide open to a quick shockwave from Ragnell yet again. I've also stated this. You guys really overestimate Link.

I don't deny that the Links with the strength and speed-increasing items would give Ike a real hard time though.

No, you're overestimating Link. How the hell would a bottle REALLY withstand an insanely fast, razor sharp wave of wind?

Also, I'm sick of people resorting to the "you're biased!" argument every time I bring up a valid point. You just don't want to admit that I'm right.

Edited by Anacybele

No, you're overestimating Link. How the hell would a bottle REALLY withstand an insanely fast, razor sharp wave of wind?

Also, I'm sick of people resorting to the "you're biased!" argument every time I bring up a valid point. You just don't want to admit that I'm right.

Look at everything we've posted beforehand; valid points all over the place.

you're arguing on the side of a blue haired guy with a cool sword and p much nothing else going for him

when he was ~20(or however old he was) he couldn't beat the BK(he let him win, as stated in RD) and barely scraped past ashnard

Link is ~17 or less in every single one of his games and hasn't fought an enemy who he needed to "go easy on him"

so pls gurl

The bottles themselves are actually quite powerful things, if you take note. In fact, they seem less made of glass and more made of some possibly magical material. Now, he scarcely needs his bottle so much as he can simply use a shield to block a shockwave.

Edited by Dai

Link because gadgets give unfair advantage. Plus he's from an extremely whimsical world that doesn't really feel European at all(more Indian), so more is technically possible.

PS: I don't even really like the Zelda series.

We weren't talking about SSB tier lists. xP

Not to start an arguement... but if we were, guess who ELSE would kick Ike's butt?

[spoiler=THE GIRL WHO'S #9]

ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERO SUIT SAMUS

Sorry. Please proceed.

It's not that anyone here isn't willing to admit that you're right. It's you who doesn't want to admit that you may be wrong.

The LoZ Link is the same as AoL Link, and the OoT Link is the same as MM Link. Wouldn't that by default mean they go in the "Winning Links" category?

But they use very different skills. The Link from LoZ may not win at his time, but when he gets older, learns new skills, and becomes the AoL Link he would definitely triumph. They also feel so distinct because they're games are completely different. But I guess we're using RD Ike for comparison and not PoR, so I'll give this point to you. Thanks for helping me work though that.

As for OoT versus MM Link. I'd still keep the difference. There's a huge timeline split all dependent on what happens in OoT. Another main point is that I'd post adult OoT Link versus Ike. I think young OoT Link would get demolished by Ike. Adult OoT at least stands a fighting chance.

MM Link only happens after OoT, and that means that Adult OoT Link never exists. So I keep the split because they really are two different Links from two different timelines. Sorry if this part is a little confusing.

There's also the Links from Minish Cap, the two Oracle games, Awakening, as well as Spirit Tracks, and A Link Between Worlds.

Phantom Hourglass Link is at least the same as Wind Waker Link, so he counts for Wind Waker.

Like I said, I was just focusing on the main console versions of Link and not the handheld versions. I just noted ST, PH, and FS because I've never played those games. Just wanted to note that I don't know much of anything for these games and that's why I didn't comment on them. But if they're the same, then I guess they can stay under the same winning tally. One more note, I have played the other handhelds that you mention (MC, OoA, OoS, LA, & ALBW). I just didn't get around to doing them because I didn't want to do only half the handhelds. Plus it was a lot of work just to start with the console Links!

You're taking way too many gameplay elements into account. Including bottles and crap being able to deflect some attacks would be like including FE's turn-based combat. And realistically, a bottle would not stand a chance against Ragnell's shockwaves, just like Ike would realistically not take turns with his enemy.

A lot of Link's most powerful attacks are really slow to initiate and leave Link wide open to a quick shockwave from Ragnell yet again. I've also stated this. You guys really overestimate Link.

I don't deny that the Links with the strength and speed-increasing items would give Ike a real hard time though.

I'm not saying the bottles reflect the attacks. That is no where in my post. I am simply noting that he has X number of bottles available for fairies or potions or healing. Especially fairies since they take no time to activate. He does not need to stop and drink. They simply keep him alive and Link outlives Ike. Ike may actually "defeat" Link once or twice, but probably wouldn't be able to do it five times. Link would learn and adapt. That's what he does.

PS-Thank you everyone for your input into my comment and helping with the debate.

EDIT: In general, I was also trying to look at each individual game, as he apparently loses old skills and learns new ones. Each Link in every game, despite being technically the same, feels very different and have different skills sets.

Edited by Kyea

Link. He has so much power and magic that Ike has no chance.

Ike has, like, 17 Resistance, while Link has Light Arrows and can go into a portrait.

I think that Ike's votes don't realize his limited, like how Link has much higher HP and Speed if their movement speed is compared.

If there was a magic bow in RD, Ike would be torn to shreds like with any Mages.

And Ike has healing powers too, you know. Aether. And he can use it infinitely. Once Link runs out of potions and fairies, he runs out.

Ike might not have as big a variety of options as Link, but that does not mean his fewer options aren't as effective. Healing himself via Aether, having access to all different kinds of swords and axes besides Ragnell (not that he'd ditch Ragnell though, he'd hang onto it too) and an insanely fast ranged attack from Ragnell, insane physical strength and nice speed to go with it, and Ike can have other skills besides Aether that might come in handy.

I'm not saying Link would be powerless against Ike nor would Ike totally overpower him. I'm just saying that Ike would put up much more of a fight than you guys are implying. It just feels like some of you think Ike is completely defenseless. No offense, it's just how it looks to me.

I didn't know Aether just healed without needing to actually connect and do damage; that sure would come in handy since Link would be blocking just about every sword slash from Ike.

Even better to know that it procs just when he needs it to always.

note: no one is saying ike gets blown out; but he's going to lose 9/10 times

Edited by Skitty of Time

Ike would put up a fight, but I feel that, against various incarnations of Link, their epic and likely lengthy battle would inevitably end in the Links' favor.

Edit: I realize that might have come off as against multiple incarnations at once. I meant in single-combat, depending on the incarnation.

Edited by Dai

Which post? I apologize, people posted so fast in here that I guess I missed one or two. >_<

Aether doesn't need to literally connect with the target to heal Ike. Ike can activate it from afar (although only with Ragnell) so he just needs to land that shockwave, which isn't hard given how insanely fast it is.

Wanting to respond to this bit from the other topic before going back to Ike vs. Link

The Triforce of Power specifically gives Ganondorf invulnerability against most forms of attack. I had honestly forgot about that bit in OoT though, woops. Even so, It takes certain, mostly specialized weapons to hurt Ganondorf, with only two being able to kill him at all. And regardless of Ganondorf's increased swordplay in recent entries, he is still an accomplished and almost unmatched sorcerer.

And Ragnell is not on the same level as the Master Sword. The Master Sword was crafted by the Goddess Hylia and later was tempered by the Sacred Flames of Farore, Din, and Naryu, and then blessed by Zelda to become the True Master Sword.Even after, it has received the blessings and powers of countless other sources depending on where and when it exists on the timeline. Taking Twilight Princess as an example, it later gains the power of the Sols to be literally infused with light, according to Midna it was done by the gods of Twilight Realm. In A Link to the Past it could be upgraded twice to become the Golden Sword.

Ragnell was made by someone (I'm not entirely sure about the origins of its creation as the blade itself) was imbuned with the power of Ashera and later by Yune. It was a powerful blade to be sure, but both Ike and the blade itself had to be infused with the power of Yune to finally defeat Ashera. Even then if what Priam said is true about him having the real Ragnell, it's obvious that the power it once had and the blessings it received have all but vanished. The Master Sword has no such limitations, only losing its power due to being sealed or weakened by the murders of Laruto and Fado back in Wind Waker.

It doesn't help that he can't attack more than one person at a time outside of cutscenes :<

Ehhh not really. While I'll grant you that things like Bokoblins and other weak mooks are fairly dumb, there'd a plethora of intelligent monsters that are just fucking mean (at least to me DX) like Stalfos, Lizalfos, and Darknuts. Each of the monsters also have different patterns that Link has to learn in order to deal with. Ike doesn't have to worry about someone blocking or parrying his attacks, or being impossible to deal with unless using a specific weapon.

Ike also has an entire army to save his ass when things get rough. Link's best help is maybe a cutscene where some mildy important characters kill some really low level monsters in one area and act like heroes... >_>

This bit.

Ana, does it matter if we are implying that Ike is "defenseless?"

FE Lords are not exactly the ultimate in power.

We should just be glad that Ike isn't another Leaf or Roy. It's not enough that my PoR Ikes are ALWAYS Strength screwed.

Which post? I apologize, people posted so fast in here that I guess I missed one or two. >_<

Aether doesn't need to literally connect with the target to heal Ike. Ike can activate it from afar (although only with Ragnell) so he just needs to land that shockwave, which isn't hard given how insanely fast it is.

How about that Hylian sheild, eh Ike?

the bottles from link's games would probably be durable enough to not be destroyed. they should make sure the rum doesn't go anywhere. if anybody gets this reference that person gets a gold star