Harken or Karel?

Admiral "Bull" Halsey

Harken or Karel?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. choose:

• Harken
    • Karel

Karel is a bit of a tougher, more stout Swordmaster...but he only averages 26 Speed, which is really bad for a Swordmaster. Unless you're on HHM. Then Guy should actually have better STR and equal DEF. Not to mention Karel averages 39.4 HP Guy gets 53.0 HP and even Lyn averages 45.6. He also has rather poor Support factors and is really slow to finish up compare to Harken who is well faster in Supports when you very first recruit him, and the good ones he does have all have better options than him (and will likely already be well into building them up when Karel joins). Karel's only real redeeming quality is his CON. Which doesn't really help that much since he has 3 more CON than Guy, while Guy averages 4 more Speed

As far a Sword users, only Karla, Matthew, and Legault are worse than Karel(Jaffar basically tying him). Matthew, Legault and Jaffar, of course, have non-combat utility to rely on. Karel does not. Matthew also has good supports. Karel is WELL below average.

HP: Only Karla, Jaffar, Louise, Priscilla and Serra have worse HP than Karel.

Strengh: Only Karla, Isadora, Legault, Louise, Lowen, and Matthew have worse STR than Karel.

Skill: Something Karel is actually good at. Though few units have real trouble with missing in this game, so it's not too important.

Speed: Karel does have above average speed...though 26 is not impressive for a Swordmaster. Combined with his mediocre Luck, he doesn't have the kind of avoid a fragile unit like himself needs.

Defense: Only Erk, Florina, Guy(excluding HHM boost), Isadora, Karla, Louise, Lucius, Nino, Priscilla, Rebecca, and Serra have worse Defense. That doesn't look too bad, until you realize half of those are Magic users, Guy actually gets a HHM bonus, and Florina and Rebecca have noticeably better Evasion and HP.

Res: Karel is actually a bit above average in Resistance...not that it matter much at all.

Luck: Pretty average. Combined with his Speed it gives him decent Evasion which doesn't nearly what a unit with his HP and Defense needs.

So, very poor HP and Strengh, poor Defense, average Luck, above average Res and Speed, and great Skill. Also, the worst of the melee weapons, using Swords serves to compound his poor Strength and trivialize his good Skill. Not to mention it means his only ranged weapons are rare magic swords that halve Strength. Also, he cannot work the weapons triangle like most other units. Same applies with Karla and your 3 Assassins

Notice how the only units Karel is consistently better than are Karla, Louise and the 3 Assassins? Factoring in Speed, Dorcas, Wallace, Oswin and Hawkeye would be worse than him by speed. But that is it. Out of all your physical units, Karel is probably the 6th worst combat unit available. He is definitely within the worst combat units in this game.

So in conclusion, compared to the rest of your available team, Karel is a bad unit.

Edited by Gulcasa

Did you have to rip me apart? I was only asking you a question. I wasn't debating >.<

we all regret asking him questions like that...

Wow... did you have that ready or something? But... Wow... I didn't know people actually bothered with stats THAT much.

that's MK for ya

WHAT THE HECK :lol::blink:

I wasn't expecting that! I had to read the entire thing twice....

you actually bothered?

How could you not have use Raven? He's arguably the best Hero ever. Second being is Gerik.

You know for people who don't like tiers some of you pick people because there good not because you like them

EDIT: sorry for the double post

Edited by Doom103