Which male & female confessions from Awakening do you like the most?

Modern

I have no shame in admitting my first run was a self-insert character that shared my real name. Heck, I expect people to do this whenever you get to play as an Avatar character. It happens all the time with stuff like Pokémon, and most recently Tomodachi Life.

I think it all boils down as to whether you can distinguish the differences between taking pairings seriously (to the extent of refusing to do a pairing because you don't like it, which I find rather stupid), and knowing the whole thing is just a game. I think a big part of the game's charm is doing different pairings every run, because if not, well, then what's the point? FE's replay value comes mostly from letting you do things differently every run, so why not take advantage of that? I'm currently on my sixth playthrough, and outside of ChromxSumia (which I'm only pairing with each other because I've completed all their Supports) I have yet to repeat a pairing.

On topic: I love Tharja's quote because it's one of the few ones that doesn't feel generic. It's so sadistic, but fits Tharja to a T.

Sumia and Lissa are adorable.

Cordelia is probably one of my least favorites. Dunno why exactly, but like a lot of Cordelia's S-Supports, it kinda rubs me the wrong way.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it all boils down as to whether you can distinguish the differences between taking pairings seriously (to the extent of refusing to do a pairing because you don't like it, which I find rather stupid), and knowing the whole thing is just a game.

I have to admit, I certainly go overboard sometimes mocking those people.

But, on the other hand, they certainly contribute to the resulting waifuism/husbandoism that exploded with Awakening.

I have to admit, I certainly go overboard sometimes mocking those people.

But, on the other hand, they certainly contribute to the resulting waifuism/husbandoism that exploded with Awakening.

Sometimes I think you are too harsh... But then I remember all the waifu mail you got. It's certainly justified, in your case.

Sometimes I think you are too harsh... But then I remember all the waifu mail you got. It's certainly justified, in your case.

I wish I took a screenshot of my inbox from one rabid fan. Filled up my inbox with Tharja BS.

Alas, I immediately mass deleted it.

So essentially when I see posts on here such as the before they edited the title, "LUCINA CONFIRMED FOR SSB4" thread and posts, or what I can read in this thread especially when they don't admit they're too attached to their favorite character... it tends to strike a nerve.

Again, having the guts to marry someone else with your "self-insert" character on a different playthrough and not doing it BEGRUDGINGLY makes me shy way from being harsh.

Such as what you can see with the OP in this thread and others... They marry a lot of different people.

Not just "oh, I'd like them if I wasn't already married to *character*".

Edited by shadowofchaos