Project Nope (tentative title)

SentryDown

Hurray a forum post. I wasn't planning on doing this until FEE3 (if it happens) but I figured I might have enough done to make a post.

What is Project Nope?

Project Nope is a Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken hack. It follows the highly comical dramatic tale of a group of friends from our world who are magically transported to Elibe a world of my design.

The project started off as a joke between my friends and I about what class would each of us be if we were in a fantasy world and life was restricted by Fire Emblem mechanics. Then I went insane and decided to try and make it a reality. It has not been fun. I was motivated by all the cool projects that have been floating around the net! so you're all to blame for me starting this

The colorful cast of characters are caricatures of my friends, and you too will experience just how annoying some of them are!

When will it be released?

hahanever Eventually.

Screenshots

(these are all placeholder mugs)

e6V3T8d.pngALm7qq7.png

VKGvyTd.pngg9BvBhx.png

pTPZk1H.pngEMVe2s7.png

What am I trying to accomplish?

This project is mostly a test of my abilities to see if I can make a working ROM hack. I know it's not going to be easy, having been smashing my head against my desk for the past few days trying to resolve bugs that pop up and trying to make a coherent plot that makes sense. I also realize I don't have much to show at this point, but hey, that's why I posted this under concepts.

One of the things I do want to try to include are numerous side quests, quests that begin on one chapter and end on another, some as far as near the end (one character is planned to be recruited as such).

I'm also inserting various uhh... nods to various anime and video games that my friends and I are fans (or not fans) of.

That's all for now. Time to get back to toiling away at this.

Edited by SentryDown