Doomsday Clock Mafia - Town/ITP Win

NekoRex

The last Russian tried his hardest, but he was promptly removed from the talks.

Welcome, scorri, to Doomsday Clock Mafia.

You are Russian Spy
You are a top secret agent Glorious Motherland of Russia. You have hidden yourself within the pugdog American country, playing baby political games and finding out their tactics, routes, supplies, etc. In the name of Glorious Mother Russia you shall continue to drink filthy American coffee and appear to be normal man.

Because of your position in hiding in American non-Russia country, you have easy access to stupid American facilities that they do not want Mother Russia to know about. During night you may send command ##Sabotage: Player and they will be unable to act during the next day and night.

You have other radio communication with fellow Russian comrades. You may talk with fellow Russian comrades in <here>.

You win when your faction (Glorious Mother Russia) has taken control of all votes or nothing can prevent the same.

Game over! Congratulations to America and Mitsuki!

I'll post explanations in a minute.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THE ENTIRETY OF THE FOLLOWING IS TOP SECRET INFORMATION FOR YOUR EYES ONLY.

BE ADVISED THAT ALL OF THIS IS CONFIDENTIAL. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Welcome, Mitsuki to Doomsday Clock Mafia.

You are The Head of The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists

One of the world's top nuclear scientists, you are one of the most knowledgeable people on the workings of nuclear missiles on the planet, and of the extreme destruction they are capable of, both in terms of infrastructure damage and environmental damage.

Nuclear missiles could have a major impact on the entire world if too many are allowed to detonate. Nuclear War must be stopped at all costs. You are currently engaged in Peace Talks between the United States of America and Russia. If the Peace Talks fail, and Nuclear War is allowed to commence, it will be the end of the world as we know it, and only massive disaster and mayhem can result from a war with nuclear missiles.

You have indirect control of the Doomsday Clock, and you know that if the Doomsday Clock is allowed to reach Midnight, Nuclear Missile Silos possessed both by America and Russia will all go online.

It is your mission to prevent this from occurring, at all costs.

You alone are the only player with the ability to manipulate the Doomsday Clock. It is your duty to prevent all Nuclear Missile Silos from activating. Each night, you can attempt to interrogate a player with ##Disarm: Player. If you find they possess a Nuclear Missile Silo, it will be permanently disarmed and unable to fire. If, however, you fail to find one, the war may escalate even further...

The Doomsday Clock starts at 5 Minutes to Midnight. The following events will cause the time to change:

-If a player is lynched, and they do not possess a Nuclear Missile, the Doomsday Clock will move forwards by 1 Minute.

-If a player is removed from the game in any way, and they possess a Nuclear Missile Silo, the Doomsday Clock will move backwards by 1 Minute.

-If you successfully disarm a player with a Nuclear Missile, the Doomsday Clock will move backwards by 1 Minute.

-Each new Day Phase, if no nuclear missile was neutralized during the previous day/night, the Doomsday Clock will move forwards by 1 Minute.

You will be informed when a player is removed that possesses a Nuclear Missile, however it will be kept CONFIDENTIAL to other players.

You are aligned with the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists. You are the only member of this faction.

You win when your faction manages to survive to Endgame or Day 5 without being removed from the game, and without the Doomsday Clock reaching Midnight.

(At least 2 Nuclear Missiles need to be disabled to reach this wincon)

If you are removed from the game for any reason, the Doomsday Clock will automatically jump to Midnight, and Nuclear War will commence.

So this was the role behind the clock. If midnight was every hit, there were three more vigs to activate (Eli, Refa and FFM's first slot), but since you lynched two of them the only time it was every going to activate was if Mitsuki was killed somehow, which was hightly unlikely.

Scum didn't play too badly but kirsche is just an op Jailkeeper, I guess, and with the clears/townreads stacking up and without a way to remove them, it made it hard for them to come back from it. Props to the town for playing a decent game, although it was kind of boring to watch the sweep unfold after I died lol.

You know if people listened to me and lynched scorri D2 town would've just wrecked this game further thanks to cop

Cop wasn't needed imo

also my apologies for not putting up the usual effort levels this game, idk why i was so demotivated. i suppose Risk Of Rain distracted me from most of D4, but i'm not sure about the rest.

@prims: i pushed bbm this hard as town/town in c9++, and he was eventually lynched due to the pressure. so i don't know why you thought that town!me wouldn't be that obstinate.

Edited by Curly Brace

tbh you shouldn't be proud of your stubbornness on sticking to bad cases

It just makes you look like a closed minded fool

Edited by Paperblade

Let me post some shit then.

~THE MODPOST~

The Peace Talks are finally able to go along smoothly as the last troublesome Russian is removed. In fact they go so well, that the war is easily prevented, and Americans consider the results to be a major victory!

Furthermore, several scientists are quite happy at the fact Doomsday was able to be stopped, aside from the US President's horrible actions during the Peace Talks (but that's a story for another time)

With the incident over, all CLASSIFIED INFORMATION has been DECLASSIFIED!

Pascal and Refa, who were thought to be playing American Scientist, were actually representing an American Nuclear Missile Silo Operator!!

Welcome, [Player X] to Doomsday Clock Mafia.

You are an American Scientist

You are a top scientist employed by the United States government to research new weapons technologies for the war. However, as peace talks go bad, you fear for your life and the life of the world. As the doomsday clock ticks down....

THE FOLLOWING IS TOP SECRET INFORMATION FOR YOUR EYES ONLY.

You are actually an American Nuclear Missile Silo Operator

Unknown to everyone else, you actually have radio communications with a Nuclear Missile Silo. This silo contains one Nuclear Missile.

Unfortunately, your silo is currently on standby until the outcome of the conclusion of the Peace Talks have been reached.

You know that when the Doomsday Clock reaches Midnight, your Nuclear Missile Silo will become fully operational.

When operational, you may fire your Nuclear Missile at another player during the day ##Nuke: Player. A Nuclear Missile takes 48 Hours to reach it's target, and may be canceled before the first 24 hours expires. You may use the command ##Cancel Nuclear Strike during that time to neutralize your missile and make it harmless.

Nothing can stop your nuclear missile from obliterating your target once fired, except for your own orders to neutralize it.

END OF TOP SECRET DOCUMENT

The United States may be able to settle a diplomatic war just yet. For that, you have a Voice and a Vote.

You win when your faction (The Americans) has neutralized all hostile factions and ended the war.

Elieson, who was thought to be a Russian Researcher was actually a Russian Nuclear Missile Silo Operator!!!

You are Russian Researcher

You are top scientist working for glorious Mother Russia. You wish death to filthy American scum and all comrades of filthy American scum. You wish to cleanse planet of filthy American scum. Soon you may get chance to do so.

You are actually Russian Nuclear Missile Silo Operator

Unknown to filthy American scum, you have radio communication with Nuclear Missile Silo. This silo contains Nuclear Missile.

Unfortunately, your silo is currently on standby until the Peace Talks end. You do not hope for peace.

You know that when the Doomsday Clock reaches Midnight, your Nuclear Missile Silo will become fully operational.

When operational, you may fire Nuclear Missile at a rotten American during the day with command: ##Nuke: Player. Nuclear Missile takes 48 Hours to reach target, and may be canceled before the first 24 hours expires. You may use command ##Cancel Nuclear Strike during that time to neutralize your missile and make it harmless.

Nothing can stop your nuclear missile from obliterating your target once fired, except for your own orders to neutralize it.

Russian comrades are also aware of the Doomsday Clock and true meaning of it. Russian comrades will be most pleased to hear of your command of Nuclear Missile Silo.

You have other radio communication with fellow Russian comrades. You may talk with fellow Russian comrades in <quicktopic link>

You win when your faction (Glorious Mother Russia) has taken control of all votes or nothing can prevent the same.

!

The President reveals he actually knew more then was thought!

You are The President of the United States of America

As the President, you would very much like to protect your country and end the Russian menace that threatens your country. The Peace Talks you are spearheading may be able to settle the Russians down before total war breaks out, but reports of a 'Doomsday Clock' bodes ill will, the clock's hand seemingly coinciding with the status of the Peace Talks in motion...

You also have the Launch Codes connected to the operations of one Nuclear Missile Silo. As President of the United States, you have the authority to arm and deploy this Nuclear Missile at any time.

=========

Furthermore, you know that when the Doomsday Clock reaches Midnight, other Nuclear Missile Silos will become fully operational.

=========

With the Nuclear Football, you may fire your Nuclear Missile at another player during the day using the command ##Nuke: Player. A Nuclear Missile takes 48 Hours to reach it's target, and may be canceled before the first 24 hours expires. You may use the command ##Cancel Nuclear Strike during that time to neutralize your missile and make it harmless.

The United States may be able to settle a diplomatic war just yet. For that, you have a Voice and a Vote.

You win when your faction (The Americans) has neutralized all hostile factions and ended the war.

but kirsche, the American Politician, didn't know anything...

You are an American Politician

You are a key diplomat in the war between the United States and Russia. You have been trying to settle this war with Peace Talks, but relations between your country and Russia have only been getting worse. As the Doomsday Clock ticks down, things may devolve even further, and the end result could mean casualties for millions.

However, all hope is not lost yet. With luck, diplomacy could finally prove fruitful. As a diplomat of the United States Embassy, you may hold key players within one of your embassies during the night. As radio signals within the embassy are jammed, they'll be unable to radio out, but they'll be safe from the conventional warfare. (You're a Jailer)

Of course, your Votes and Voice can also help neutralize the enemy.

Congratulations to America and Mitsuki!

this sounds so ridiculous out of context

Someone should hydra with me the next 32890328320 games and teach me proper scumhunting.

I hope people liked the setup, it was a pretty interesting role-light setup that could evolve into a more DEFCON-style game if the ITP was ever removed, but Mitsuki managed to stay alive, so it stayed role-light.

Yes, the Kremlin has a red-herring in the role, that's a big reason why I said setup spec would be detrimental. As well as the fact there were three effectively hidden roles in the game, and the ITP was restricted from revealing their role.

Not being able to claim my role and flavour made game hard at some points. It'd have been way easier if I could, but this way I had to make up stuff on the spot and the game stayed more interesting for me!

It surprised me that no one doubted my "Switzerland Delegate" claim. It has nothing to do with anything in this game wwwwwwwwww

It surprised me that no one doubted my "Switzerland Delegate" claim. It has nothing to do with anything in this game wwwwwwwwww

we were never going to lynch you due to your claimed wincon, and whether you were around or not come D5.

In my opinion Prims deserves a slap on the hand way more than Manix for this game. Even if tunneling like Manix did is bad play, being a prick towards him repeatedly when it was clearly crossing the line was not the way to solve the problem. I specifically don't see why you had to talk to Mitsuki like that as well but it's up to her to talk about the issue.

edit: From what I got from SB it apparently wasn't intentional? definitely watch out for this in the future then.

gg to everybody else, Shin managed to play quite well despite subbing into a pretty bad situation and I didn't really think he'd be scum until the claim. Props for not giving up.

Edited by Vhaltz

sorry about the lack of me existing in this game, moving sucks

probably taking a break from full-time mafia now, I've probably been burnt out ever since FFTA

The only thing I want to say to NNR regarding the setup is that people should be informed if they're blocked or not. Otherwise it just gives town false information.

The only thing I want to say to NNR regarding the setup is that people should be informed if they're blocked or not. Otherwise it just gives town false information.

Your role gave no real information in its actions. A lack of information isn't false information anyway. It makes sense to tell the cop they were roleblocked because otherwise they expect a result, but the doc doesn't get any information back from patients. If the doc doesn't get confirmation their patient was targeted or not, they don't really need to get information that they failed to protect them (or even if they got redirected). Confirming a roleblock or such has no real impact aside from confirming there's a blocker, which is just information. Not confirming it and having the patient die leads to setup spec (is there a strongman?), which of course doesn't work. Technically it gives the scumteam an edge but it doesn't fuck with what town can know, it's just town knows less.

From a mod perspective it's probably a grey area, I just decided to go with the "less info" side.

Edited by NekoRex