Doomsday Clock Mafia - Town/ITP Win

NekoRex

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think SB was killed by an SK and that doc protected correctly. Wincon's wording makes me think that in top of the scumteam there's an SK and a harmless 3rd; wincon says town wins when they neutralize all the hostile factions, which means there's more than one antitown faction but also a non-hostile faction.
Assuming this is true, do you guys think it's 10/2/1/1 or 9/3/1/1? I think it's 10/2/1/1 but I'm bad at this so I need opinions from others.

... Now that I think of it, it doesn't need to be an SK, right? But I still think there's some sort of harmful 3rd.

mitsuki kinda dropping the darros case LD1 is weird too tho. mitsuki explain pls

Mitsuki's reaction to the FFM wagon is obvious town as fuck lol. It just doesn't read as scum to me at all, even after he flipped scum. Although kind of bothered by why she just let go of her Darros case so easily. Do you still think Darros is scum, why, and why did his one response seem so towny to you?

The response didn't look townie to me, it looked genuine; it didn't seem like Darros was faking that he didn't believe what he was doing is scummy and I wanted to consider that reaction to see if it was indicative of towniness. Upon thinking I think that scum wouldn't have that kind of reaction often and I'm not sure my Darros suspicion is that strong (as well as the cases on him, for what I remember). Now I want to see more from him to decide on if he's scummy or not. I consider him null.

I feel like a lot of you are just signing everyone off as town when you shouldn't be doing that.(especially BBM)

I don't like this. Marth doesn't bother to explain why we shouldn't townread people, and just generalizes that all the townreads are bad. It looks like scum fearing PoE and trying to spread suspicion to other players who people are clearing.

Speaking of BBM, I think him writing off half the player list as townreads is bad. Factor in that sole FFM scumread, and I'm scumreading him atm.

Similar. Also there are other players with a ton of townreads who only got one scumread (me included), why is this indicative of alignment? Considering the amount of content D1 I think this is normal. Also BBM scumread Kirsche at some point.

This seems like not looking at the whole picture and context for the sake of scumreading someone.

I also think that suspecting people on them basing their reads on tone is not strong, specially at this point of the game or before. Not much's happened, and town can read people based on tone as well if they think it's relevant. It seems like Marth is deliberately choosing to interpret it as scum behaviour because it's convenient for him.

Picking sides seems just a way to make the whole "basing their reads on tone" thing seem stronger. Just because something could be convenient for scum doesn't make it scum behaviour, and when you take this premise in mind Marth's reads based on picking sides don't hold anymore.

##Vote: Marth

@Kirsche: Thoughts on the game?

mitsuki it's actually far more implied that there's only town/mafia, being AMERICA and the russians respectively, if we're going to go down that route

not to mention that there being a harmless 3rd is 1) unlikely and 2) kinda dumb tbh

saying OMG COULD BE A REACTION TEST is stupid as fuck and if this reaction test had been primarily intended for Elie and not to see how Marth, whom I saw in the thread, would react to a scumread claiming Cop, I would be super annoyed. like wtf Manix you know better than that. As it is you basically invalidated Marth's reaction

I don't have any real scumreads, no, so I tried something primarily to reaffirm my townread on Marth because I was feeling a little off about Marth's scorri case, and chose Elie because he probably wouldn't come into the thread first and because I didn't like his FFM vote anyways.

I legitimately think that the following people are town: Refa, Manix, Marth, Mitsuki, scorri, kirsche

I have to go to work right now so I don't have anything to say about anyone else.

bbm a guilty reaction test only works once effectively in the game; scumlords can more accurately react to a second one and it's far less useful. if you didn't have any reads, why didn't you reread instead?

mitsuki: i give town the generic "you win when all threats are eliminated" wincon even if it's only a town/mafia game. it's like that to ~avoid~ being able to directly imply any antitown factions from the wincon.

mitsuki: your assumptions are unlikely because 1) docs are not always in the game 2) sb was an okay nightkill target for scum

i don't want to argue this more

one last thing:

Flavourspec is dumb and NNR said so, I'm quite sure my winconspec is right.

and nnr also said the setup is not meant to be solved. you can't make any assumptions from the wincon either

bbm a guilty reaction test only works once effectively in the game; scumlords can more accurately react to a second one and it's far less useful. if you didn't have any reads, why didn't you reread instead?

I did; I have a strong feeling that the scumteam is comprised of Elie/Shinori/Eury almost purely off PoE

>don't have scumreads

>have PoE

it's still kinda convenient that they're all inactives. is there seriously no active player that is remotely scummy?

I don't like this. Marth doesn't bother to explain why we shouldn't townread people, and just generalizes that all the townreads are bad. It looks like scum fearing PoE and trying to spread suspicion to other players who people are clearing.

I also think that suspecting people on them basing their reads on tone is not strong, specially at this point of the game or before. Not much's happened, and town can read people based on tone as well if they think it's relevant. It seems like Marth is deliberately choosing to interpret it as scum behaviour because it's convenient for him.

Picking sides seems just a way to make the whole "basing their reads on tone" thing seem stronger. Just because something could be convenient for scum doesn't make it scum behaviour, and when you take this premise in mind Marth's reads based on picking sides don't hold anymore.

##Vote: Marth

a) If you think suspecting peple basing their reads on tone at this point of the game where 'not much has happened', then why are you calling me out for saying multiple townreads at this point of the game are bad? Its not like they have strong basis for them so that they can PoE.

b) If its convenient for scum then it means there's a higher chance that scum behave that way, therefore its scum behaviour. 'Not much has happened' so I need to rely on other scumtells like these,

This really feels like another D1.

a) If you think suspecting peple basing their reads on tone at this point of the game where 'not much has happened', then why are you calling me out for saying multiple townreads at this point of the game are bad? Its not like they have strong basis for them so that they can PoE.

b) If its convenient for scum then it means there's a higher chance that scum behave that way, therefore its scum behaviour. 'Not much has happened' so I need to rely on other scumtells like these,

a) What does one thing have to do with the other? Reads based on tone is something town can do as well, even if it's weak. Saying reads based on tone/mutliple townreads are bad isn't a scumtell at this point of the game.

b) In this case the reasons you had to say it's conveinient for scum are too weak. "Picking sides helps scum make stronger cases" is ok but town can also get genuine reads on that, so it's not really a scumtell. What I mean is: there might be a correlation between scum and picking sides but there's also a correlation with town and picking sides, so it's not a good way to distinguish one faction from the other.

a) You're missing the point. If you're townreading people for weak reasons and then try getting scumreads by PoE that isn't good play at all.

b) Ok then, do you think picking sides by using reasons like gut is good, honest town play?

This feels like we're arguing over semantics.

Bbm ur3cool5skule. I'm not scum though and I'll dayvig you with your pwn cum meta if I die early game with a reaction test like fayz again *shudders*.

Seriously tho I'm at a stop light on my way to work and I took notes while at work yesterday, I'll copy paste them when I get there.

Obvious sheep case on scorri, and refa stop being so town. Oh and Mits is scum #oldhabits. Actual things in about half an hour