Give me good reasons on why I should use Oscar

He's obviously at least pretty decent. When you pack a mount, have okay-ishly fixable bases and have Earth affinity, you can pretty much, garantee it. But, what is my concern? Why shouldn't I not use him? Well, I wouldn't say I WOULDN'T use him. It's just that...doesn't Titania pretty much make him obselette? That's my concern. Titania beats him in pretty much everything, barring affinity. She has a huge noticable Atk advantage, same Spd base (with a decent 50% growth) and her durability is alright (she may have a bit of an issue, due to a lower end on HP and 20% Def growth, but I've never had problems with her).

I've never used Oscar, by the way. But what makes him worth using? Is giving him Adept recommended?

He's a solid, good unit that comes in the start and is a great class that becomes a ridiculous class. Titania is better, but you use more than one unit throughout the game...

You won't be fucked if you don't use him, though. I used him as just a sort of squad player, dropping him when I had more units to go around, and he worked fine in that capacity.

He's a solid, good unit that comes in the start and is a great class that becomes a ridiculous class. Titania is better, but you use more than one unit throughout the game...

You won't be fucked if you don't use him, though. I used him as just a sort of squad player, dropping him when I had more units to go around, and he worked fine in that capacity.

Are you talking about PoR? Because I don't recall Silver Knight being a particularly good class...

Are you talking about PoR? Because I don't recall Silver Knight being a particularly good class...

you mean paladin, since silver knight is radiant dawn only. For the record, female silver knight has the magical speed cap of 34 in RD, making it decent as a class, but is only available to lol fiona. In this game, your stats are good enough that you can rush most stuff with their huge movement and expect to live while doing a lot of damage.

He has decent bases, a good affinity, and good growths, and promotes to the (arguably) best class in the game. He can also do the triangle attack if you're into that.

Edited by Comet

No.Oscar is pretty average all around. Lol.

Oscar 55 45 20 50 45 30 35 30

Nothing ground breaking but pretty good

I just hate it when fliers take arrows to the knee in a not so good way and die. Though I guess dracoknights are better than paladins because they fly.

you mean paladin, since silver knight is radiant dawn only.

You could interpret what he says as him concluding the other person he quoted is talking about PoR due to the "fact" that silver knights are bad. and this is in the radiant dawn section so we are talking about Radiant Dawn.

*scrolls up*

Motherfucker. Okay bases and 'worse than Titania' threw me off. 'Same speed as Titania' should probably have clued me back in.

(also I did scroll up to glance at the forum at first. Evidently I saw 'radian' and was like 'oh ok cool', because that's how my mind works apparently)

'Worse than Titania' is a pretty bad reason to not use a unit as the vast majority of units are 'worse than Titania'. While, admittedly, Oscar may not be the beast he was in PoR, he's still very solid. Good movement, good stats (especially if you do a transfer), and Earth is simply nothing to simply pass off. While there are better units than him, putting him on the sidelines is something that shouldn't be taken lightly.

You could interpret what he says as him concluding the other person he quoted is talking about PoR due to the "fact" that silver knights are bad. and this is in the radiant dawn section so we are talking about Radiant Dawn.

well...oops. In that case, Oscar is just outclassed or everybody else seems to do what he does better. He at least has a horse and the triangle attack I suppose.

In POR you should use him because having more mounts never hurts and he's amazing. Not Titania or Marcia or Jill amazing, but still amazing.

I love using him in RD. He is outclassed by Titania, sure, but he's still an incredible unit. Who cares that his spd cap isnt amazing? He does well throughout the game, one map isnt everything. Also, transfers Oscar is sexy and I happen to have a HP Str Skl Spd Def Res transfer for him. <3

In POR you should use him because having more mounts never hurts and he's amazing. Not Titania or Marcia or Jill amazing, but still amazing.

I love using him in RD. He is outclassed by Titania, sure, but he's still an incredible unit. Who cares that his spd cap isnt amazing? He does well throughout the game, one map isnt everything. Also, transfers Oscar is sexy and I happen to have a HP Str Skl Spd Def Res transfer for him. <3

I still don't understand why everyone says Marcia is so great. Maybe I'm just unlucky with her.

He has decent bases, a good affinity, and good growths, and promotes to the (arguably) best class in the game. He can also do the triangle attack if you're into that.

Male Silver Knights don't have that much going for them, to be honest. Actually, scratch the "Male" part. Female Silver Knights having the magical 34 Spd isn't actually that much better, anymore. It's not like either of them are trivializing Endgame the way Royals/Jill/Shinon do.

And yeah, the Triangle Attack is pretty cool.

No.

Oscar is pretty average all around.

It may sound counter-intuitive to defend him, but 9-Mov, passable bases and Earth affinity kind of means something.

I just hate it when fliers take arrows to the knee in a not so good way and die. Though I guess dracoknights are better than paladins because they fly.

Fliers being the Peggies that are hardly around? Remember, Dragoknights don't suffer against Bows.

why have one horse when you can have ALL THE HORSES! -laughs running into the distance-

That would be pretty viable, in FE9. But in this game, they aren't exactly fantastic, in general. Titania's great, Oscar's good, Geoffrey & Kieran are rather mediocre, Astrid's bad and Fiona's terrendabad. Renning actually isn't that bad, it's just that he has horrible availability. But when he does exist, he has passable bases and weapon ranks.

*scrolls up*

Motherfucker. Okay bases and 'worse than Titania' threw me off. 'Same speed as Titania' should probably have clued me back in.

(also I did scroll up to glance at the forum at first. Evidently I saw 'radian' and was like 'oh ok cool', because that's how my mind works apparently)

lol, it happens.

'Worse than Titania' is a pretty bad reason to not use a unit as the vast majority of units are 'worse than Titania'. While, admittedly, Oscar may not be the beast he was in PoR, he's still very solid. Good movement, good stats (especially if you do a transfer), and Earth is simply nothing to simply pass off. While there are better units than him, putting him on the sidelines is something that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Not saying it is, but I do think she makes him kind of redundant. Yeah, that's the word. I mean, if I were to say "pointless", then we might just well Haar-solo the game.

I still don't understand why everyone says Marcia is so great. Maybe I'm just unlucky with her.

Marcia and Jill trivialize FE9 due to their flight and good stats. Flight matters alot in FE9 and Marcia's stats are generally good.

He's hot.

Tibarn is hot. Oscar's cute/pretty, handsome fella.

And he's great at cooking.

in short he is great waifu material

Suddenly, I have a good reason to use him.

It may sound counter-intuitive to defend him, but 9-Mov, passable bases and Earth affinity kind of means something.

9 move and Canto is good, but RD is the FE that is the most mean to horses.

Yes, "passable" bases, not very high praise. Couple it with decent-at-best growths (including a shoddy Str growth) and middling caps and I'm not very impressed.

Earth affinity is overrated.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Oscar with transfers is quite good since his speed now doubles things significantly more often and his strength is noticeably better. Without transfers...he's ok for a few chapters but probably not worth it long term.

Transfer Oscar actually happens to 1RKO right off the bat, given he wields a Steel Greatlance at base.

Assume transferless, on my end. I know Oscar (T) just fits himself into the team.