Arion death glitch

I'm working on an ltc run of fe4, but am currently stuck on chapter 9 due to an annoying glitch. Whenever I kill Arion, the game just screws up and turns into a black screen. The game is patched into english and set to 0% growths, but I doubt either of those would crash the game like that and I have managed to kill arion successfully and without the game crashing with the same edits before. Has anyone else experienced a similar glitch during chapter 9, or have any idea what might be causing it?

Temporarily switch your patched game for an unpatched, clean Japanese ROM. Play the game using your save. If it crashes, then your emulator is at fault and try another. If it doesn't, something you've applied to the ROM is causing the crash.

You'll skip out on the prayer ring but if you still can't go past the point you could just capture the castle since it has no guard.

Edited by Guy Starwind

Unfortunately on 0% growths that doesn't really work, Arion can one shot anyone in the army on the way, and celice is so pitiful you can't really get him promoted for the extra movement to charge past without suffering an enemy phase. The same rom and emulator has gotten past that point before, so if I replay the second generation it should probably work. Thanks for the advice though.

Have you fried saving and resetting the game? This fixes a lot of fe4 bugs. (granted, you probably did this at the beginning of gen 2 so that celice got his authority star.)