Deserted Spriter's Guild hideout

Lenh

General Bio Questionnaire  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Mapping Level

• N/A
    • Beginner (familiar with a few tilesets, can make maps)
    • Intermediate (familiar with most tilesets, understands common map issues and how to fix them)
    • Advanced (familiar with the majority of tilesets, understands how map affects gameplay and able to create professional-looking maps)
  2. 2. Portrait Level

• N/A
    • Beginner (can create simple splices and recolors)
    • Intermediate (able to create splices with minimal errors, might be starting custom work)
    • Advanced (capable of creating polished splices and custom work, at or comparable to official quality)
  3. 3. Battle Sprite Level

• N/A
    • Beginner (can do splices, modifications, repaints, possibly limited to a few frames of work)
    • Intermediate (beginner skills, +capable of working and providing complete animations)
    • Advanced (can create full animations from scratch)
  4. 4. When taking a request, I would appreciate

• Nothing
    • A trade (for example: a portrait in exchange for a map)
    • Financial compensation
    • Credit where used
    • Praise of my name and work sung throughout the halls of Serenes
    • Feedback
  5. 5. Misc Skills

• N/A
    • Weapon Icons
    • Map / Overworld Sprites
    • Chibi Portraits
    • Non-pixel Arts
    • Hacking
    • Music
    • Writing / Proofing

Alright Fateborn, since you asked, I've unchecked you from maps. *takes badge*

This is a fantastic idea, and one I support wholeheartedly. In the future I'd like to see something like this for all the skillsets possessed by Serenes' goers (as it would prove immensely useful for hacks), but the spriting forums seem like the logical starting ground for things.

That's what I'd like to see too! (Mainly because I have no idea who's who in the hacking department, and don't know what people have/are working on half the time. ^^;)

And sure thing, NickT, signed you up.

About the ethics of whether you can be paid for making derivative work / rendering services to produce it, I'd rather just leave it up to the individuals to decide where their boundaries lie and remain neutral/equal on both sides. Though, I would like to enable the option for someone to define what sort of compensation/trade-off (if any) they want for a request directed at them.

Edited by Lenh

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and battle sprite is a big no-no for me too.

I have no experience in any of it. so Mugs, and bit of maps is okay with me, but it would probably be better to ask others for maps, so. . . Mugs for me.

Btw. I won't work for multiple guys at once. I will be way more efficient if I can focus on requests for one guy.

(And because I'm not a robot spriting in rows.)

Alright Fateborn, since you asked, I've unchecked you from maps. *takes badge*

That's what I'd like to see too! (Mainly because I have no idea who's who in the hacking department, and don't know what people have/are working on half the time. ^^;)

And sure thing, NickT, signed you up.

About the ethics of whether you can be paid for making derivative work / rendering services to produce it, I'd rather just leave it up to the individuals to decide where their boundaries lie and remain neutral/equal on both sides. Though, I would like to enable the option for someone to define what sort of compensation/trade-off (if any) they want for a request directed at them.

I'm completely fine with people deciding for themselves, if people are willing to pay then that's their prerogative, I was merely offering my opinion on the situation and proclaiming that I wouldn't be partaking in the practice.

Also, just for clarification, the T isn't capital, it's a single word. ._.

I'll probably post a poll once we figure out what things are good to display. Also curious if you guys are good with giving yourself ranks (from E to S, like Fire Emblem) for the specific skills you have. Then you can update as you gain experience!

Alright Nickt~ Just making sure the topic itself stays neutral.

F for mugs because lol

You forgot SS in chibi mugs.

I'm not found of giving myself qualities or good marks but. If I had to be honest:

Mugs : A ( S would mean I don't have anything to learn. What a waste) Since I've been practicing since... 4 years and because I know there's many people way better than me here.

Maps : C

I'd add something to these categories :

Weapons and Map sprite/animation

*Is remembering his entire weapon rework for Agro's hack*

Oh And I use Tiled for Maps.

Edited by Solum

Portraits: D

Battle Sprites: D

Weapon Icons: D and a half?

Maps: B

I only take requests for maps though.

If the hacking guild were started I could add myself to that list as well.

Overall hacking: B

Umm...

I'd say:

Maps-A/S (I'm comfortable with majority of tilesets)

Mugs-C/D (D because I haven't practiced mugs in ages)

Battle Sprites-D (I literally have no experience in them)

Maps: B Rank
D
C
B 4
A 3
S
Mugs: A Rank
D
C
B 4
A 3
S 3
This is according to me showing IP.Chat a few maps/mugs and them rating them.
D=1 C=2 B=3 A=4 S=5
Maps: 12+12=24/7=3.42=3=B
Mugs: 12+12+15=37/10=3.7=4=A

Maps: Beginner

Mugs: Beginner

Edited by Kisara

Mugs: Adv

I'm just gonna be the jerkass here and state very bluntly that you're really not an advanced mug spriter. I'm sorry, but you're hardly even past simple splices in terms of technique.

An "advanced" spriter would have extensive experience with full custom spriting and very good spriting/overall artistic technique. As a general whole, you should be able to pump out a full custom mug with fairly little difficulty and of fairly high quality - on par with or above that of vanilla sprites.

Edited by Aeothos

Poll is up! So you guys can answer it all and I can get it in an easy format.

I'll keep the information and remove the survey and update OP once it's been a while, and replace the thread poll with 'Availability', so anyone can update their status/vote as necessary.

Edited by Lenh

You're bad at being a jerkass

I was going to put myself as beginner. I instead decided to go off of someone on chat. ofc i would consider a spriters ranking over someone on chat. changing it back to beginner now upon further reflection, for both categories

Edited by Kisara

I'll keep the information and remove the survey and update OP once it's been a while, and replace the thread poll with 'Availability', so anyone can update their status/vote as necessary.

This is a really good idea~ Yay Lenh

I am beginner rank in poll-making.

So you have to answer the multiple choice question with something, if you have no extra skills, just click Animation (I'll doublecheck this when making the tables).