Mark975's Stuff [Getting back into it]

Mecha_Azrid

So yeah I'll be posting all my FE sprite stuff in here but I haven't sprited Fe in a long time and when I did it was really bad haha. FE spriting isn't my strongest stuff... But anyway heres what I'm working on right now which is Ike - Lord from Path of Radiance.

Ike Mugshot and sprite - Yeah I know it doesn't really look like Ike haha.
WIPIkeLord.png
What the normal attack would look like -
WIP-Ike-Lord-Attack.gif

Dis is really nice! but i think the arm is moving in an akward way, like it's made of rubber/plastic XD

Also it could be more dynamic?

It's indeed impressive that you managed to get that far in animating the sprite, but I think that the base image has a few funny proportional issues going on that need to be addressed. His arms look a little noodle-y in comparison to base FE battle sprites and quite skinny as well. There's something not quite right about the way the feet are positioned as well--they look as if they're on a perfectly horizontal plane whereas FE battle sprites tend to have a bit more... perspective to them, I suppose?

All of the coloring seems a bit off. It's kind of hard for me to see much of anything with the dark green background and the weird colors. I feel like a lot of the detail gets lost to the eye of the viewer, like it all kind of blends together.

I'd have to go more in depth to be more help.

@Agro

So I should add more movement to him?

@Mercenary Lord

Ahh okay yeah I thought the palette that I chose for him was quite bad... I'll fix that up.

New thing I've been working on is a mug for Roronoa Zoro (New World). Obviously its not finished and still needs a lot of fixing but yeah..

NewWorldZoroWIP.png

• 2 weeks later...

Tried revamping an old Sothe sprite that I made...

SotheRevamping.png

Left one is the old one, Second is the new one with a new palette and the third one is the new one with the first ones palette.

His face and head are a bit squished horizontally and his hair is really tall. It's obviously heavily based on his lord mug, so having a properly resized version of that to compare to what you have would be a good idea to see shaping and sizing differences. It would also allow you to trace shapes to get a better feel for them as well.

Yeah, the hair is extremely out of proportion to the face, and the face is looking pretty squished overall. The hair seems to lack detail and mostly looks like plasticine :(: I really like the armour though, I feel like you did a very good job with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Any better?

FEIkeRedo.png

I guess it's better, but the hair is still wacky which doesn't really suit FE style. However, the shading is a vast improvement over what it was before. Looking at it now, I can see that the irises seem extremely round and come out at a funny angle. It might be worth referencing someone like Erk to get an idea of how the "intense gaze" is done (and splicing on Erk's eyes does indeed suit the sprite).

Something different.

Naruto Uzumaki sprite (left is a normal sprite and the right is battle damaged)

NarutoBattleDamagedSprite.png

This is cool! My only complaint would be your use of pure black as the outline... I can't zoom in on it in Paint properly because pasting it in makes the background black.

Kamen Rider Kuuga.

Kuuga.png

This is also pretty cool, but the upper body has no shading? If you're trying to keep it to 16 colours I'd just remove one of the colours on the belt (it's really hard to see one pixel of colour) and give him the shades he needs.

Yeah I'm redoing the whole base and going to resize a bigger version of Ike's portrait just so I can get everything accurate.

That sprite style usually (well all the time) has pure black outlines but if you want to open it up in paint I can give you a background for it or you can open it up in Photoshop.

I'm still shading him, as for the belt I need to make it a bit bigger so the colours can be seen and as for 16 colours I think it will go past it.

• 4 weeks later...